Applications Sales Engineer - Bakery and Processed Foods Group @ The Linde Group
MBA, Global Management @
Highly motivated Sales Professional with relationship building, strategic planning, marketing, global sales, and sales training expertise in gases and specialized equipment industries. Financial results achieved through laser sharp analysis of global markets and customer needs, quickly translating them to business growth opportunities. An innovative thinker with strong business development, negotiation, and leadership skills. Experience includes full
Highly motivated Sales Professional with relationship building, strategic planning, marketing, global sales, and sales training expertise in gases and specialized equipment industries. Financial results achieved through laser sharp analysis of global markets and customer needs, quickly translating them to business growth opportunities. An innovative thinker with strong business development, negotiation, and leadership skills. Experience includes full development of internal and customer training programs and global equipment bidding at university system and governmental levels. Expertise in:
Business Strategy • Team Driven / Solution Selling • Knowledge Development • Relationship Building • Global Business Focus • Product Market Development
•Instrumental in building relationships that led to a key endorsement and continuous product purchasing agreement by a top U.S. federal research organization.
•Instrumental in the strategic plan resulting in growing a key national account 100% from $6 million at inception to $12 million in 4 years.
•Process improvements project team leader coordinating service department, external contractors, and customer plant engineering departments at over 40 nationwide customer plants meeting a target 3% annual process improvement goal.
•Developed and implemented the global marketing strategy for a corporation, including its various brands and products, which increased revenues by +100% in 5 years during a decreasing US market.
•Instrumental in the strategic plan developing a new system added to a reputable product line to gain competitiveness and increased market share.
•Developed and successfully implemented process improvement solutions to optimize customer annual consumption by $1.2 million while maintaining overall gas sales goal.
Territory Manager - California @ Territory Manager coordinating sales of specialty devices, including disposables, high quality instruments and equipment, to OB/GYN professionals in California. I service large accounts such as Kaiser Permanente, Sutter Health, Stanford University, and the University of California system along with private practices and clinics. For more details please see my MedGyn LinkIn profile: Victor Trotter, MBA (MedGyn Products). From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Independent Sales Consultant @ Currently contracted with Promet Energy Partners, a leading niche markerter of energy supply and services, to grow their large scale industrial customer base. Selling natural gas and energy to customers within midwestern states and electric to all midwest deregulated markets. From January 2012 to April 2015 (3 years 4 months) Applications Sales Engineer - Bakery and Processed Foods Group @ Specialist in applications of industrial gases (nitrogen, carbon dioxide, oxygen, etc) for the food processing industry. Such applications include food freezing and chilling, flour and dough chilling, mixer cooling, inert and modified atmosphere packaging, cryogenic grinding of ingredients, and pH adjustment. Additional utilization of extensive food processing industry experience. From May 2012 to August 2013 (1 year 4 months) Global Sales Engineer - Medical Research Equipment @ Solely responsible for growing sales of a high capital research equipment company marketing gas analyzer systems to medical research professionals globally. Customers include hospital, university, government agency, and pharmaceutical research professionals. Developing marketing to bring an aging but stable medical research equipment line up-to-date and to be more competitive.
- Introduced new marketing strategies to contribute to a 30% sales growth in first year
- Implemented global marketing strategies increasing sales 20% during a decreasing US market.
- Encouraged development of new systems to add to a reputable product line to be more competitive in a downsizing market.
- Closed largest company single account sale valued at 200% of sales goal for a single month
- Managed Distributors in 4 key markets throughout the world; strategically hired 2 new Distributors
- Built networks leading to a key endorsement by the top U.S. federal research center. From October 2006 to October 2011 (5 years 1 month) President @ Exporter of medical equipment, construction equipment, and other high capital industrial goods. From 2003 to 2006 (3 years) National Accounts Specialist - Food Processing Industry @ Responsible for identifying opportunities and implementing process improvement projects to support and reinforce a 7-year national supply agreement with ConAgra Foods.
- Selected as the first National Accounts Specialist solely dedicated to a food industry account.
- Credited with growing account from $6M at inception to $12M in 4 years.
- Provide solutions to optimize customer consumption meeting 3% annual process improvement goal.
- Process improvements project team leader coordinating our service department, external contractors, and customer plant engineering departments at over 40 customer plant locations nationwide. From 2000 to 2004 (4 years) Senior Training Specialst - Sales & Technical Training @ Developed and implemented both classroom and computer based training for sales and gas applications for increasing productivity of a national sales force targeting 4 key industries.
Teamed with subject matter experts to develop and implement technical training programs designed to assist field sales, application engineering, marketing, and technical support personnel understand the industrial gas business, related services, and technologies.
- Certified Instructional Designer/Developer specializing in developing technical training for sales personnel to enhance value based selling strategy.
- Worked with outside consultants to develop and implement training on gaining, keeping, and growing accounts in a specialized industry.
- Directed redesign of Food Industry training for Territory Account Specialists. From 1998 to 2000 (2 years) Sales Support Applications Engineer @ Provided on-going technical sales, including design and demonstration, of adaptive industrial gases solutions for prospective clients. 90% of targets were Food Processing companies. From 1987 to 1996 (9 years)
BS, Mechanical Engineering @ Illinois Institute of TechnologyMBA, Global Management @ Ashford University From 2010 to 2011 Victor MBA is skilled in: Solution Selling, Industrial Gases, Process Improvement, Global Business Development, International Sales, New Business Development, Sales Management, Business Relationship Management, National Account Sales, Business Strategy, Product Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Atmosphere, Food, Food Processing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension