Extensive experience as an electrical generation and propulsion plant supervisor, operator, and maintenance technician combined with 20 years of experience in a Safety Supervisor role. 5 years experience in curriculum development and delivery as a gas turbine operations and maintenance instructor. Holds a National Institute for the Uniform Licensing of Power Engineers, 4th Class Engineer License. Proficient
Extensive experience as an electrical generation and propulsion plant supervisor, operator, and maintenance technician combined with 20 years of experience in a Safety Supervisor role. 5 years experience in curriculum development and delivery as a gas turbine operations and maintenance instructor. Holds a National Institute for the Uniform Licensing of Power Engineers, 4th Class Engineer License. Proficient in MS windows and Office products, Lotus notes and Maximo asset management software.
Operations Supervisor @ • Directs and manages bargaining unit personnel in the operation function of coal-fired generation units with specific emphasis on maximizing unit output and efficiency, environment compliance, high unit availability, and Safety.
• Maximizes reliability of generation assets through coordination of the maintenance and planning departments and dispatching for prioritization of unit and generation system requirements.
• Experienced with the operation of Foster Wheeler natural circulation and B&W cyclone fired UP boilers, GE and Westinghouse turbine generators, SCR, SNCR, Westinghouse W501D combustion turbine generators, and associated support equipment.
• Responsible for writing shift schedules, managing overtime, scheduling BU vacations, conducting performance reviews, conducts grievance hearings. Reviews operating logs for completeness and accuracy.
• Writes and revises Production Equipment Operating Orders, temporary production orders, reviews switching orders for accuracy. Reviews and updated P&ID's. From November 2006 to Present (9 years 2 months) Gas Turbine Plant Supervisor/Instructor @ • Trained 1300 new sailors during a 5 year period in gas turbine propulsion plant operation & maintenance fundamentals.
• Administered classroom and lab training for up to 30 personnel including preparing classrooms for instruction both in-house and at remote training facilities, and completing all related paperwork to document training.
• Skilled Instructor and facilitator. Familiar with both traditional classroom and remote teaching methods.
• Responsible for curriculum development of new course material for U.S. Navy Engineering courses.
• Extensive experience operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing General Electric, Lycoming, Allison, and Rolls Royce gas turbine engines. Experienced with Detroit and Cummins diesel generators.
• Managed Administration and Safety programs including a $45K quarterly budget. From July 2001 to November 2006 (5 years 5 months) Propulsion Plant Supervisor @ • Supervised 12 personnel in the operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of gas turbine plant equipment.
• Engineering Officer of the Watch, responsible for the operation of the ships engineering department in tactical situations.
• Extensive experience with Combustion Engineering and Conseco waste heat recovery boilers.
• Knowledgeable in the operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of pumps, compressors, hydraulic units, pneumatic controls, heaters, chillers, oil/water separators, purifiers, filters/coalescers, switchgear, automatic/manual bus transfer equipment, valves and piping systems.
• Engineering Emergency Response Training Team Leader.
• Experienced propulsion and aviation fuels quality control officer and boiler water quality testing and treatment. From July 1996 to July 2001 (5 years 1 month)
Calumet High School From 1982 to 1986 Gregory Brewer is skilled in: Plant Operations, Power Generation, Gas Turbines, Maintenance Management, Steam Turbines, Navy, Security Clearance, Military, Preventive Maintenance, Pumps, Factory, Air Compressors
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension