Brand Manager Swiffer Global Franchise @ Procter & Gamble
Associate Manager Consumer & Market Knowledge @ Procter & Gamble
Bachelor of Science (BS) @
University of Cincinnati
Vice President, Marketing & Innovation @ From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Brand Manager NA Iams @ • P&L responsibilities for all N.A. Iams Pet Food ($1.1B retail sales), managing 6 direct reports including 4 Assistant Brand Managers and 2 Marketing Specialists, and leading Iams multi-functional business team. Expanded role after 6 months to
Vice President, Marketing & Innovation @ From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Brand Manager NA Iams @ • P&L responsibilities for all N.A. Iams Pet Food ($1.1B retail sales), managing 6 direct reports including 4 Assistant Brand Managers and 2 Marketing Specialists, and leading Iams multi-functional business team. Expanded role after 6 months to include Global Iams innovation.
• Delivered back-to-back years of sales growth for only second time since 2004. Consistently delivering share growth in 4 of 5 segments.
• Developed new megabrand marketing and media model. Managed agency in developing all advertising including 17 TV and 6 print ads.
• Overhauled operational discipline, developing new market analysis capabilities, establishing new Iams Multi-Functional Business team, and step-changing customer team engagement. Enhanced market awareness led to redefining 2014 growth strategies.
• Led Pet Care’s ArtsWave Fund Drive. Was 1st Business Unit (of 30) to exceed goal and stretch goal; 3rd Business Unit to 100% response.
• Awarded Key Manager Incentive. From May 2013 to August 2014 (1 year 4 months) Customer Team Marketing Manager, Family Dollar @ • Led Family Dollar (FDS) and P&G joint marketing and merchandising campaigns resulting in $103M sales, consecutive fiscal years of record P&G sales at Family Dollar (+9% & 10%, respectively) and regained share growth (+1.5%).
• Developed influential relationships with FDS C-Suite including Chief Marketer, Chief Merchant, and Chief Operator & President. P&G was awarded FDS Supplier of the Year in 2012, with marketing partnership cited as a key driver.
• Pioneered breakthrough joint marketing campaigns including first-ever Spanish-language co-equity television campaign, joint media partnership with Univision and OWN, and an Effie-award winning marketing and merchandising program featuring Olympian Lolo Jones.
• Awarded Key Manager Incentive. Achieved highest possible performance rating. From October 2011 to May 2013 (1 year 8 months) Brand Manager Swiffer Global Franchise @ • Led Global Swiffer (>$1B global retail sales) to record sales (+4% volume sales, +5% $ sales) and share growth (+0.4 global $ share points).
• Developed all global advertising and launched two new advertising campaigns in NA and Western Europe, including 13 TV spots, 10 digital and social media programs, and 5 print ads. Relaunched global website. Owned relationship with all global agencies (NYC, Paris, London).
• Created and managed innovation portfolio worth over $300M in sales, including 5 new-to-the-world products and 4 franchise commercial restages that launched in NA and Western Europe.
• Managed global equity and innovation strategy with team of three ABMs. Led cross-functional innovation teams including R&D, Market Research, Product Supply, and Finance. Chosen by Global GM to design regionally-dispersed global innovation team.
• Awarded Key Manager Incentive. From August 2009 to October 2011 (2 years 3 months) Assistant Brand Manager @ • Led N.A. Swiffer’s WetJet business ($250M retail sales) to consecutive years of record sales (+9% & +14%).
• Managed total Swiffer marketing and media plans (2nd biggest media budget in P&G), improving Marketing ROI and media efficiency.
• Developed all N.A. WetJet innovation programs, managing 20+ multi-functional team of R&D, product supply, market research, and finance. Program included brand restage that grew sales 14%, improved profit margins and grew net profit 54%, overdelivering NPV targets by 50%.
• Envisioned and brought-to-life new franchise commercial value-reframing program, rallying organization to shift strategies on short notice during 2008 recession. Program reignited growth setting Swiffer on course to be one of North America’s fastest growing businesses (+10%).
• Awarded Recognition Shares by N.A. Vice President. From December 2005 to August 2009 (3 years 9 months) Associate Manager Consumer & Market Knowledge @ • Managed all Downy advertising and innovation research, including development of breakthrough pre-launch research techniques to measure new campaign potential. Forecasted pre-market volume for all initiatives, partnering with market forecasting suppliers (Nielsen, etc.).
• Led franchise in-market diagnostic tools, including Marketing Mix Measurements, Media Effectiveness Tracking, and Equity Health Tracking. Pioneered new “Brand Health Review” program integrating meta-analysis across all in-market tracking tools. From June 2004 to November 2005 (1 year 6 months) Consultant @ From June 1999 to July 2002 (3 years 2 months)
MBA @ University of Virginia - Darden Graduate School of Business Administration From 2002 to 2004 Bachelor of Science (BS), Civil Engineering @ University of Cincinnati From 1995 to 1999 Mark Mercurio is skilled in: Shopper Marketing, Brand Equity, Consumer Products, Trade Marketing, FMCG, Customer Insight, In-store Marketing, Brand Architecture, Brand Management, Segmentation, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Marketing Research
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension