I am an experienced professional with more than 17 years of progressive work experience in software development, systems architecture, design and project management with a broad technical background in web based and mobile applications. My work has spanned a wide range of projects supporting the business needs of many different types of clients including commercial, governmental and
I am an experienced professional with more than 17 years of progressive work experience in software development, systems architecture, design and project management with a broad technical background in web based and mobile applications. My work has spanned a wide range of projects supporting the business needs of many different types of clients including commercial, governmental and military clients.
I have experience with the entire software development life cycle. I have worked on and led teams throughout software projects from initial project conception, to developing, testing, production deployment and ultimately software maintenance. I have worked on projects to build new applications from the ground up as well as maintaining and upgrading existing production systems.
I have produced a substantial track record of successful project outcomes as a technical architect and as a project manager. I have led international project teams with on shore and off shore members spanning from Europe to the far east.
In the past 5 years I have done significant work in the area of mobile application architecture and development, particularly with the iOS and Android Platforms. I have a more than 10 applications available for download on the iOS App Store. I have also developed a number of iOS and Android applications for private clients.
- Software Project Management
- Software Architecture and Design
- Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) Design and Implementations
- iOS / iPhone / iPad App Development
- Android App Development
- Web Development and Design
- Content Management Systems
- Xcode / iOS Storyboarding
- Agile SDLC
- Ruby on Rails
Chief Technical Architect @ I am currently serving as the Chief Technical Architect at Eleu Pacific Partners for the Medical Informatics Fusion for Decision Support (MIF-DS) project. I am leading a team of 10 through an agile development processes to perform mission critical research for the Department of Defense and specifically the Air Force.
The purpose of the MIF-DS project is to research and develop prototypes that demonstrate methods for greatly improving the process of force readiness and mission planning for the Air Force. The goal of this research is to produce a prototype system capable of answering mission planning and readiness related dynamic questions in real time, using one of many interfaces such as a traditional PC, a mobile edge device like as an Android or iOS tablet, or via voice recognition technologies.
Previously at Eleu I was the Chief Technical Architect for the Integrated Business Optimization (iBO) project that was successfully delivered on time and on budget in September, 2014. For iBO, I led a team of 12 as we worked using agile methods to deliver research value every 2 weeks to the government.
I directed the team to create a number of SOA based architectures and prototypes to investigate the optimal technical approaches for integrating the DoD and VA medical systems with modern medical infrastructure and applications. We created prototypes using IBM WebSphere App Server, Message Queue (MQ) and Message Broker (MB) product suites. We have integrated Mirth, Iguana and Pilotfish messaging engines into prototype workflows to demonstrate the ability to handle standard health messages across multiple service busses. Implemented prototype applications using medical standard interfaces to include OMG RLUS, FHIR, HL7 CDA and hData. We have prototyped solutions using a number of technology stacks including Java, Jersey (JAX-RS), Ruby, Scala and Grails. Prototype applications were hosted on RHEL Linux servers using both Tomcat and WebSphere App Server. From November 2012 to Present (3 years) Kihei, HI (Remote)President / Founder @ I founded Netmasters LLC in 2010 to provide software development services and staff augmentation to my varied clients.
Netmasters LLC focuses on delivering the following services:
* Enterprise Application Architecture
* Software Design and Development
* Mobile Architecture and Development (iOS and Android)
* System Testing
* Production Support
* Staff Sourcing and Augmentation
In addition to providing consulting services, I have published more than a dozen mobile applications for iOS and Android under my own name or under Netmasters LLC corporate identity. These apps can be easily found on the iTunes and Google Play App Stores:
* iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/brian-teeter/id314924853
* Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Brian+Teeter From April 2010 to Present (5 years 7 months) Tampa, FLSenior Software Architect @ My primary role at MGM was to serve as the Senior Architect and Project Manager on a number of internal and externally facing web application development projects. I led a team of 12 developers, testers and analysts that literally spanned the globe with team members in Ireland, Las Vegas, Hawaii and India. I was directly responsible for delivering a suite of applications that were mission critical to MGM's internal and external web and mobile applications and web sites.
Previously at MGM, I worked with and led parts of the team that rebuilt the Mlife.com web site and successfully delivered it into production in the Spring of 2012. The Mlife.com web site was by a vendor for MGM Resorts and was delivered with significant issues. I worked with the team to rebuild and fix it. In the course of a 6 week development effort, our team of 3 fixed more than 600 critical issues to push the product to a state where it could go to production. From January 2012 to January 2013 (1 year 1 month) Las Vegas, NevadaSenior Software Architect @ My primary responsibility was to lead the software development effort for the Android tablet software system for managing Sotera's Visi devices. This project was funded and being developed for the Army Medical Research and Materiel Command (MRMC). From January 2011 to February 2012 (1 year 2 months) Kihei, HI / San Diego, CASenior Developer @ My primary role is to develop and lead software development projects. From January 2009 to December 2010 (2 years) Kihei, HISenior Consultant @ My primary role was to serve as senior member of the web team, responsible for developing internal and external facing web sites, web services and applications. From May 2007 to January 2009 (1 year 9 months) Las Vegas, Nevada AreaSenior Consultant @ My primary responsibility was to lead web application and infrastructure related projects within the Corporate Web Site team. We were responsible for web sites and applications internal and external to the company.
In this role I helped build and maintain the Interwoven Teamsite/OpenDeploy based content management system. I developed a number of internal and external facing Java web applications using J2EE technologies on WebLogic and ATG Dynamo platforms. I was also responsible for primary on-call support on a rotating basis. From May 2006 to May 2007 (1 year 1 month) Washington D.C. Metro AreaPresident / Founder @ Built a world class Web Hosting Company from the ground up with no debt or outside investors. At the time it was sold, the company served over 1000 clients, hosting over 3800 domain names on 44 Linux servers. This business was sold in January 2006.
I was responsible for management of all aspects of the business and technical operations. This included building of the eCommerce website, managing a support desk, billing, server builds, troubleshooting and much, much more. From October 1999 to March 2006 (6 years 6 months) Hawaiian IslandsSenior Developer @ This was my first stint at Fannie Mae, initially as a contractor and then as an employee. I ended up leaving Fannie Mae to run my own business. I returned to Fannie Mae as a consultant in May of 2006 after selling my business.
My primary responsibility was to lead web application and infrastructure related projects within the Corporate Web Site team. We were responsible for web sites and applications internal and external to the company. From September 2000 to January 2005 (4 years 5 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaConsultant @ Served as lead software developer on a number of projects for internal support and external clients. Systems were developed using J2EE technologies including JSP, EJB, Java Beans running on the IBM Websphere application server. From March 2000 to September 2000 (7 months) Consultant @ • Served as a software developer on a number of client/server software development projects.
• The most significant project was the TEMPO Integrated Data Management System. On this project I designed, developed, and documented several key components of the system. I was also responsible for a significant portion of the database schema design. This system was developed using PowerBuilder 6, Visual C++ and it made use of an Oracle database backend. From January 1999 to March 2000 (1 year 3 months) Software Engineer @ • Served as a Software Engineer within the digital printing sciences department. In this role I was responsible for developing and maintaining the department’s Intranet site and its internal web applications.
• In addition, I was part of a Digital Printing hardware project where I was responsible for the design of the printer user interface which was a web based system built using Java Servlets, CORBA and Microsoft IIS. From May 1997 to January 1999 (1 year 9 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension