BSA Analyst @ As scheduled, perform analysis of core application and AML system reports that identify potential suspicious activity. Manage cases of potentially suspicious activity from the AML monitoring system, including analysis of transaction activity and balances for review by the BSA Officer. Collect, sort and analyze monthly incoming and outgoing wire transfers for unusual domestic or
BSA Analyst @ As scheduled, perform analysis of core application and AML system reports that identify potential suspicious activity. Manage cases of potentially suspicious activity from the AML monitoring system, including analysis of transaction activity and balances for review by the BSA Officer. Collect, sort and analyze monthly incoming and outgoing wire transfers for unusual domestic or international activity. Collect, sort and review monthly monetary instruments sold for any suspicious transaction. Perform independent analysis for cases involving suspicious activity including, but not limited to, structuring, check fraud, and kiting for presentation to the BSA Officer. For new customers identified as high risk and medium risk establish enhanced due diligence and monitoring efforts. From November 2013 to Present (2 years 2 months) BSA Analyst @ • Respond to any law enforcement inquiries or governmental requests for supporting documentation from a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR).
• Review automated alerts for potential suspicious activity.
• Investigate and report suspicious and criminal activity conducted through the bank in accordance with FinCEN requirements.
• Identify transaction activity trends, patterns, and issues associated with money laundering, terrorist financing and other financial crimes.
• Perform investigations for cases referred by Bank personnel or encountered during the daily monitoring process for unusual activity and document findings.
• Prepare and file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and conduct a 90 days EDD reviews if accounts are maintained opened
• Biweekly Reviews on 314a requests.
• Prepared and review Monthly reports such as Incoming and Outgoing Wire Transfers, Monetary Instruments sold, New Accounts and CIP Verification.
• Risk Rate New and Existing accounts and conduct quarterly EDD reviews.
• Quarterly High Risk Accounts Review From February 2012 to November 2013 (1 year 10 months) Elizabeth, NJBSA/AML Analyst @ • Prepared and documented recommendations for preparation of Suspicious Activity reports.
• Gathered information from inside and outside resources.
• Enhanced due diligence for reviewing of account activity identified as suspicious.
• Reviewed and analyzed various internal reports and accounts for possible money laundering and
• Processed daily reports and monitored transactions for suspicious activity.
• Investigated branch initiated suspicious activity notifications.
• Revise bi-weekly 314a list and keep track of the new additions to the Specially Designated
Nationals List and OFAC.
• Prepare and submit Subpoena and summons request. From March 2010 to February 2012 (2 years) Assistant BSA Officer @ Monitoring of transactions and reports to identify specific transactions and patterns of transactions.
Analyze and verify monthly OFAC list.
Revise bi-weekly 314a list.
Revise daily currency logs reports and submit CTRs. From August 2009 to November 2009 (4 months) AVP Assistant BSA- Compliance Officer @ Prepare and sort monthly reports for cash transactions, negotiable instruments; incoming and outgoing wire transfers.
Analyze, revise, and submit daily cash transaction reports.
Reconcile forms and reports against bank database, negotiable instruments and wire transfers to complete all federal regulations. From November 2002 to July 2009 (6 years 9 months) Assistant Branch Manager @ Assumed responsibilities in the absence of the branch manager.
Approved transactions; balanced cash drawers; resoled out-of-balance conditions.
Assisted in the selection, training, supervision and evaluation of branch personnel.
Insured personnel attained high individual productivity and achievement of their responsibilities contained in their job descriptions. From January 2005 to January 2007 (2 years 1 month) Head Teller/Customer Service @ Served customers with their daily banking inquiries as well as assisted them in finding the products that were best suited for their individual needs.
Maximized customer satisfaction with exceptional service and a quality environment.
Completed dual-control procedures; verified and recorded transactions.
Enforced procedures for handling cash, and negotiable instruments. From November 2002 to January 2005 (2 years 3 months) Commercial Teller/Assistant Head Teller @ Received commercial deposits and loan payments; cashed checks; issued savings withdrawals; recorded night and mailed deposits.
Proofed and conciliated daily transactions.
Contributed to on-the-job feedback/training and overall staff development. From November 2002 to January 2005 (2 years 3 months)
Professional Bank ServicesBachelor, Management @ Kean UniversityNew Jersey Bankers Association Paula Trujillo is skilled in: Bi-Lingual Fluency in Spanish, Extensive knowledge of BSA regulations, In-depth knowledge of internal controls, Strong analytical and organizational skills, Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook, Banking, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Due Diligence, Branch Banking, AML, Databases, Retail Banking, Risk Management, Deposits
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension