Senior Information Technology Leader with over 25 years of progressively responsible experience developing and executing on IT strategies in alignment with corporate objectives. An established record as an IT leader and collaborative business partner leveraging technology to transform and simplify business processes while delivering measurable bottom-line benefits. An energetic leader with a passion for execution and people
Senior Information Technology Leader with over 25 years of progressively responsible experience developing and executing on IT strategies in alignment with corporate objectives. An established record as an IT leader and collaborative business partner leveraging technology to transform and simplify business processes while delivering measurable bottom-line benefits. An energetic leader with a passion for execution and people development, combined with a proven track record of effective leadership and delivery in complex and highly matrixed environments.
• Extensive leadership experience for major, integrated systems using a variety of platforms and technologies, including direction of cross-functional and cross-site teams.
• Experience in the design, development, and implementation of systems supporting financial, customer service, engineering, insurance, manufacturing, and marketing functions.
• Ability to deal with complexity, ambiguity, and uncertainty to create a communicable vision that can be understood and embraced by team members.
• Adept in communicating effectively at all levels in an organization, with a track record of successful collaboration with executives on business strategy and corporate planning processes.
• Decisive and goal-oriented.
Head, IT Technology Operations/Office of the CIO @ Serve as “Chief Operating Officer” for IT, leading cross-organization initiatives to institutionalize sound project management, expense and capital spend analysis, and controls that conform to SOX and SOC1 guidelines. Develop and maintain expense budgets for all IT functions, in conjunction with other senior IT leadership team and CIO.
• Effectively manage $100+ million IT expense budgets in difficult economic environment, while ensuring all commitments are met and driving additional savings.
• Developed tools and processes manage, estimate spend, and communicate progress across all business projects. Includes checklists for areas of spend, and common cost estimators that are updated from a single source to ensure consistency. Initial results have shown estimates to be within 2-3% accuracy compared to actuals.
• Forged strong relationships with senior business leadership to deliver on key strategic initiatives focused on “making the complex seem easy” and “excelling at moments of truth”.
• Expanded roles of several high-performing team members, providing each with additional leadership challenges and business focus. From January 2009 to Present (7 years) Leader, Life, Long-Term Care, and Producer Services IT @ Directed design, development, and integration of projects supporting the Life, Long-Term Care, and Producer Services (licensing and commissions) platforms across all Genworth Financial businesses.
• Aggressively managed a $5.3 million budget, beating budget commitments by 10%.
• Effectively led team of 54 persons (16 full-time personnel, 11 on site consultants, and 27 offshore resources).
• Led efforts to obtain funding for several key strategic initiatives in support of overall business productivity and improved customer services. Managing over $25 million in capitalized projects that delivered over $5 million in business savings and $30 million in incremental revenue annually. From December 2003 to January 2009 (5 years 2 months) IT Leader, GENIUS® Testing @ Led development and execution of the test strategy for the GENIUS® application, developing a risk-based solution to application testing focused on the overall process vs. individual areas of functionality. This allowed us to reduce testing time by 30% and meet an aggressive implementation date. The approach received a US patent (7197427) in 2007. From May 2002 to February 2004 (1 year 10 months) Assistant Vice President, Life and Annuity Products Servicing @ Directed design, development, and integration of projects supporting the Life and Annuity Product platforms, while managing the day-to-day maintenance and support of existing production applications.
• Drove improvement in request completions, with over 750 requests completed in 2001 generating several million in benefits to the business.
• Effectively managed an $8.3 million budget, beating budget commitments by 7% through implementation of fixed price contracts with all contractors.
• Led team of 57 persons (8 full- time personnel, 22 on site consultants, and 27 offshore resources).
• Reduced the production incident backlog over 85% through statistical analysis of problem categories and focused root cause analysis. Incidents at lowest levels in three years. From July 1998 to May 2002 (3 years 11 months) Process Leader, Centerpiece Information Management @ Led design, development, and integration of enterprise applications supporting the various GE Industrial Control Systems businesses, including project budgeting and strategic systems planning.
• Led team to implement Oracle Payables for the Mexico affiliate businesses. This project put in place the infrastructure to support consolidated financial services, resulting in $400-500K annual savings.
• Led the review of order management processes to support development of an enterprise-wide order management solution for the Industrial Control businesses. From July 1997 to August 1998 (1 year 2 months) Systems Leader, Taxes @ A one-year assignment Corporate Information Services directing design, development, and integration of systems supporting the GE Tax processes.
• Completed over 100 projects during my tenure, many of which focused on stabilizing the systems for the tax filing seasons. Improvements resulted in reductions in sales and use return volumes by 75%, and productivity savings of over $400K due to streamlined processing and system efficiency. From June 1996 to July 1997 (1 year 2 months) Manager, Customer Service and Administrative Systems @ Directed design, development, and integration of systems supporting GE Drive Systems operations.
• Directed all project activity for the Customer Service, Finance, and Administrative functions. This required leading cross-functional teams to develop/implement high-impact systems solutions. Efforts have resulted in 140 projects completed generating 17 years productivity savings, $560K expense savings, and $3 million additional net income.
• Led project to implement a full business system (manufacturing and financials) in the Electric Vehicle businesses. Required organizing and directing both Information Management and functional personnel to meet an aggressive startup schedule. All milestones were met and the project brought in on schedule, generating significant productivity and inventory reduction targets.
• Project manager for the development and integration of new financial systems for the business. These systems included the implementation of the CAS Accounts Payable module and consolidation all financial reporting into a division-wide ledger. The project reduced assessments by $200K annually and improved reporting of financial results from 2 weeks to 3 days and provided the platform necessary to integrate multiple plants into a single functional organization
• Project manager for the implementation of the CAS Order Entry module into the business. This system works with other CA/CAS modules already in place to streamline order processing activity and improve customer service. A $5 million cost improvement/avoidance was realized as a result of this project. From August 1988 to June 1996 (7 years 11 months)
Master of Science (M.S.), Management @ Purdue University From 1987 to 1989 Graduate, Academy for Leadership Development for Aspiring CIOs @ Gartner From 2012 to 2012 Graduate, Advanced Information Management @ GE Global Leadership Center From 2002 to 2002 Graduate, Information Systems Management Program @ General Electric Company From 1982 to 1984 Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Music @ Longwood College From 1978 to 1981 Scott Noonan is skilled in: IT Management, Applications, Governance, Business Process Improvement, IT Strategy, IT Operations, IT Transformation, IT Solutions, IT Outsourcing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension