Director of Engineering, Facebook Traffic Infrastructure @ Facebook
Vice President of Engineering @ Riverbed Technology
College of Engineering Guindy, Chennai
Edge/Traffic Infrastructure Engineering @ From July 2015 to Present (4 months) Menlo ParkVice President of Engineering @ Led the geo distributed engineering team (220+) responsible for the development and delivery of Riverbed's application acceleration products. The product suite had a yearly revenue of ~$700m and over 20K customers. Delivered products in physical/virtual appliance and SaaS/Cloud form factors.
Edge/Traffic Infrastructure Engineering @ From July 2015 to Present (4 months) Menlo ParkVice President of Engineering @ Led the geo distributed engineering team (220+) responsible for the development and delivery of Riverbed's application acceleration products. The product suite had a yearly revenue of ~$700m and over 20K customers. Delivered products in physical/virtual appliance and SaaS/Cloud form factors. Led the transition of the team to agile development by adopting automation focused testing, continuous integration and modern development tooling.
Responsibilities included :
- Strategic product roadmap and resource planning with the Exec team
- Shaping product feature set with product management
- Supporting large enterprise customers from initial deployment through operational stability
- Engaging with the sales force to shape product development priorities and communicate product capabilities.
- Driving recruitment From April 2012 to April 2015 (3 years 1 month) San Francisco Bay AreaMTS - Engineering Director @ Part of the early engineering team helping write the first version of Riverbed's WAN Optimization product. Helped grow the core team working on de-dupe technologies and product performance. Led the team that designed and delivered the SteelHead Model 7050, the industry's first all-flash appliance. From April 2003 to 2012 (9 years) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Engineer @ Scale 8 aimed at providing an online storage service and CDN, built out of commodity servers with a custom file system designed for massive scalability. Customers included MSN Photos, MTV/VIACOM and other smaller media companies.
• Helped design and implement GSS, a custom Global File Service running on Scale8’s Mediaport appliance. The system had advanced features like unified name space, conflict resolution, disconnected operations, caching and service over NFS/CIFS. The backend was built out of commodity servers located at multiple global sites and the data kept in sync.
• Helped deliver the GSS service from start to finish in less than three months, when the company was at a critical stage. From February 2001 to March 2003 (2 years 2 months) Advanced Member of Technical Staff @ Worked on IBM’s distributed file systems and Websphere Edge Server, a http reverse proxy server product.
• Delivered security and backup features on AFS and DFS distributed file systems on multiple architectures.
• Technical lead for IBM’s Websphere Edge Server, a reverse proxy server used by Enterprises to scale web content delivery. Led the design of next generation product to deliver CDN-like functionality. Filed two patents as part of this effort. From August 1997 to January 2001 (3 years 6 months) Greater Pittsburgh Area
M.S., Computer Science @ Washington State University From 1995 to 1997 B.E, Computer Science And Engineering @ College of Engineering Guindy, Chennai From 1991 to 1995
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension