Chief Financial Officer and VP of Administration @ MotoRad of America
Senior VP Finance and Controlling, Region Americas @ Elopak
CFO @ Tri Palm Internaional
No education info found.
Multicultural, versatile, cross-functional and results-driven senior executive with a 25-year career showcased by continual advancement to C-level positions and an impressive track record in revitalizing the financial, competitive, and operational performance of manufacturing companies. Innovative, out-of-the box thinker who challenges the status quo and is detail-oriented without losing sight of the larger picture. Stay calm in high-pressure
Multicultural, versatile, cross-functional and results-driven senior executive with a 25-year career showcased by continual advancement to C-level positions and an impressive track record in revitalizing the financial, competitive, and operational performance of manufacturing companies. Innovative, out-of-the box thinker who challenges the status quo and is detail-oriented without losing sight of the larger picture. Stay calm in high-pressure situations and do what it takes to resolve tough financial and operational problems and get the job done. Proven strengths in bringing people together across continents, countries and cultures. Fluent in English, German, and Spanish. Uncompromising ethics and integrity.
• Turned around $7M loss to $1M profit in 3 years.
• Transformed loss of $8M into profit of $11M with best return on capital employed within group.
• Grew U.S. equipment and packaging material sales from $30M to $40M in 2 years.
• Achieved “Best Return on Sales” out of 25 subsidiaries in group for 5 consecutive years.
Chief Financial Officer and VP of Administration @ MotoRad is the international aftermarket trade name for Fishman Thermo Technologies Ltd. (formerly Fishman Engineering). Fishman is a privately owned company that has been engineering and manufacturing automotive thermostats since 1958. Today, Fishman manufactures automotive thermostats and caps from their 250,000 square foot facility in Israel’s Western Galilee. Fishman proudly serves the OE, OES, retail, traditional and specialty market channels. From 2013 to 2015 (2 years) Evansville, Indiana AreaSenior VP Finance and Controlling, Region Americas @ Responsible for the financial policies of the company, analysis of the current and future business on its financial impacts and determination of the financial effects of the business strategy for the Americas with manufacturing, sales, and service organizations in USA, Canada, Mexico and the Dominican Republic.
• Overall result improvement in all areas of the Region
• Effective working capital and capital employed management
• ERP implementation
• Joint venture setup and management From 2009 to 2012 (3 years) CFO @ Responsible for the financial policies of the group, analysis of the current and future business on its financial impacts and determination of the financial effects of the business strategy
• Analyzed weaknesses and eliminated unprofitable product lines
• Restructured finance and IT departments with cost savings of over $1M
• Audited JD Edwards ERP and corrected system parameters
• Implemented Oracle Business Intelligence Tool
• Re-wrote business plan and strategy and defined financial funding with the shareholders
• Led Lean Initiative with significant results in bottle neck elimination
• Restructured customer service department From 2006 to 2008 (2 years) CEO - SIG Combibloc North America @ Directly responsible for the overall profitability of the company, the attainment of the projected results and the implementation of short- and long-term plans and strategy; with sales and service in USA, Canada and Mexico (NAFTA region).
· Promoted from CFO to CEO after 18 months, assuming sales and marketing responsibility, including key account management for a $7B company
· Motivated and stabilized the US organization which had been downsized from 50 to 25 employees
· Developed and defined new operational strategy which established the base for sustainable results
· Provided leadership and social competence for a successful US volume growth of over 200%, growing turnover in packaging material sales from $30M to $40M
· Identified and eliminated organizational weaknesses of the Mexican subsidiary through reorganization of the local office
· Positive EBIT Results for 2 consecutive years following an 18-year history of losses From 2003 to 2006 (3 years) VP Finance & CFO - SIG Combibloc North America @ · Managed the financial policies of the company and analyzed the financial impact of current and future business projections related to the business strategy
· Reorganized the Finance, Accounting, HR and IT areas and eliminated double functions between the three locations resulting in a headcount reduction from 18 to 11 people
· Redefined the regional management structure by reallocation of corporate and operational duties/functions resulting in greater organizational transparency
· Successfully implemented SAP
· Headed the $6M sale of major fixed assets including production facility and building
· Assumed a leading role in negotiating the $10M sale of the co-packing facility
· Achieved first positive significant free cash flow $ 20M in years enabling the company to continue the restructuring and turn-around From 2002 to 2003 (1 year) VP and CFO - Alfred Karcher, Inc. and American Kleaner Mfg. Co. @ · Re-established and reorganized the finance and administrative areas. area, after an extended CFO absence within the company, implementing policies and processes in accounting, controlling, HR, IT
· Coordinated communication and processes between receiving, accounting and production departments, improving inventory turnover from factor 5 to 8 and inventory accuracy from 80% to 98%
· Designed and implemented controlling systems and tools for production, sales and operations, resulting in improvements in insights on production cost, overhead and customer performance
· Developed and implemented a new price calculation system and pricing strategy resulting in
· Assumed general management responsibilities after 1 year, when the CEO left the company
· Effectively led a team and coordinated activities between sales (NJ) and production (CA) as part of a financial turnaround plan resulting in 1M profits (first time in 20 years) From 1999 to 2002 (3 years) Director de Finanzas y Administración - Kärcher México, S.A. de C.V. @ • Successfully implemented an integrated PC software for accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and inventory control in a newly founded subsidiary
• Established a functioning administration and organization in this newly formed company which contributed to company profitability
• Avoided $2M in losses from devaluation during Mexican currency crisis due to well-planned cash and currency management
• Reduced lead times to customers from 3 months to 2 weeks within a year, after taking over the responsibility for logistics
• Achieved best Return On Sales out of 25 subsidiaries in the group for 4 consecutive years From 1994 to 1998 (4 years) Manager International Controlling @ • Promoted after 1 year to supervise and manage 2 other team members
• Successfully prepared and presented the first legally required consolidated statements of the Kärcher group (25 subsidiaries)
• Designed and defined the group accounting principles, including standards for the uniform use of the software in all subsidiaries
• Assumed controller function for subsidiaries of various countries overseeing directly a $20M subsidiary
Special assignment at the Norwegian subsidiary:
• Trained and coached the new managing director, finance and administration managers resulting in a smooth management transition
• Analyzed the effects and tax implications of the former management’s actions and recommended solutions resulting in a fair settlement with the government.
Special assignment in Hong Kong:
• Established a new subsidiary that generated 2M annual sales after 12 months
• Participated in negotiations and agreements with the former importer; set up bank relationships; managed the legal foundation; and hired local staff
• Successfully implemented an integrated PC software for accounting functions and inventory control
• Facilitated communication and inter-cultural relationship between headquarters and local sales manager
• Reestablished the finance and administration department’s functionality From 1990 to 1994 (4 years) Manager Controlling International @ From 1987 to 1990 (3 years)
Stefan Walliser is skilled in: Strategy, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Business Planning, Business Strategy, Management, Process Improvement, Leadership, Budgets, Strategic Planning, Analysis, Manufacturing, ERP, Forecasting, Financial Reporting, Pricing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension