CPA MBA with 18 years of increasing leadership responsibility in finance, accounting and management arenas. Developed essential strategic and leadership skills with problem solving ability, while striving to relate financial operating results directly to business activity involved. Experience working in rapidly changing and uncertain environments. An executive team member responsible for formulating and implementing financial policies and
CPA MBA with 18 years of increasing leadership responsibility in finance, accounting and management arenas. Developed essential strategic and leadership skills with problem solving ability, while striving to relate financial operating results directly to business activity involved. Experience working in rapidly changing and uncertain environments. An executive team member responsible for formulating and implementing financial policies and plans for a Supply Chain Management Consultancy.
Global Shared Service Region Controller @ Region Controller for the Global Accounting Centers specializing in general ledger processes located in Dublin, Ireland, Singapore and Dallas, Texas. From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Greater Atlanta AreaCorporate Accounting Department Manager @ Responsibility for the accounting, external reporting and filings for all benefit plans which includes pension, health & welfare and casualty plans. From May 2011 to December 2014 (3 years 8 months) International Chief Accountant @ Ensures the proper recording of transactions within the Small Package, Forwarding and Logistics Business Units
Recommends, implements, and maintains accounting policy and procedures
Adheres to UPS accounting standards
Manages the regulatory and statutory filings for the countries and ensures that accounting principles are maintained From January 2010 to June 2011 (1 year 6 months) Controller @ Controller responsible for the financial reporting and business planning for UPS Supply Chain Solutions. Responsibilities include preparing and distributing monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial results for UPS Supply Chain Solutions Management and UPS Corporate Management. Also responsible for improving the financial reporting process which included implementing a new reporting tool which was not fully utilized by the organization.
• From October 2004 to December 2010 (6 years 3 months) VP of Finance @ VP of Finance with full responsibility for the strategic planning, development and leadership of the finance and accounting function for a new Supply Chain Management Consulting Company within UPS. The major roles included corporate financial policy and administration, financial statement preparation, cash management, business planning, management of human resources support and business/contract administration.
• Develop, implement, and manage accounting and reporting capabilities both internal and external reporting while insuring compliance with GAAP and UPS Standards. Responsible for the development and preparation of monthly operating statements, cash flow statement, balance sheets and other special reports as required;
• Responsible for establishing engagement pricing policy, providing analysis and review of the pricing and risks of all engagements
• Responsible for reviewing and negotiating all client contractual agreements From June 2001 to October 2004 (3 years 5 months) Director of Financial Reporting @ • Supervised 3 senior accountants and clerical staff, responsible for both divisional and corporate reporting functions
• Assisted in the supervision of the AP department and treasury activities including letters of credit, wire transfers, bank reconciliations, line of credit activity and daily cash balance
• Prepared consolidated FS, including the preparation of all SEC reporting including 10K, 10Q, 8K, S4, MD&A analysis and SEC comment letters
• Oversaw the preparation of division FS, including elimination entries, foreign currency translation and remeasurement adjustments
• Implemented in-house EDGARization process saving the Company third party processing fees
• Prepared annual Corporate budget of $3.1 Million
• Researched accounting pronouncement and assessed the implications to the Company, including distributing synopsis of applicable accounting pronouncements to staff members
• Coordinated and scheduled external auditors regarding annual audits and quarterly reviews From August 1998 to October 2000 (2 years 3 months) Senior Auditor @ • Supervising Senior Auditor for a “Big 4” public accounting firm. Involved in various phases of financial statement audits varying in both size and industry. Coordinated and planned tailored audit plans and reviewed engagements with partners, managers and clients as well as directing the day-to-day performance of audit plans. Drafted financial statement in accordance with GAAP, including reviewing the accuracy and completeness of disclosures. Assisted in the preparation of public client’s 10-Q and 10-K reports and Comfort Letters for public offerings. Developed recommendations for improving internal controls and accounting procedures From September 1995 to August 1998 (3 years)
MBA, Accounting and Real Estate @ Georgia State University From 1993 to 1995 Bachelors, Accounting @ University of Florida From 1985 to 1989 Sharon Holness is skilled in: Accounting, Financial Reporting, Auditing, Internal Controls, GAAP, Financial Analysis, SEC filings, Finance, Analysis, General Ledger, Budgets, Financial Audits, Corporate Finance, Accounts Payable
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension