Highly accomplished and versatile eCommerce application development professional with over 17 years of deep expertise leading high transaction, high throughput web development projects for global Fortune 500 retail organizations. Innovative leader well versed in designing and executing strategic customer interfaces to maximize profitability. Exceptional communicator with time tested negotiation, consensus building and change management abilities. Demonstrated proficiencies
Highly accomplished and versatile eCommerce application development professional with over 17 years of deep expertise leading high transaction, high throughput web development projects for global Fortune 500 retail organizations. Innovative leader well versed in designing and executing strategic customer interfaces to maximize profitability. Exceptional communicator with time tested negotiation, consensus building and change management abilities. Demonstrated proficiencies in driving cross-functional teams to resolve complex business challenges.
VP, Engineering @ From October 2012 to Present (3 years 1 month) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Director, Engineering @ From November 2011 to October 2012 (1 year) San Francisco Bay AreaDirector of Engineering @ • Led the development of eCommerce platforms for Walmart International Tenants by driving cross-function teams consisting of Product, Project, and Engineering groups to meticulously gather requirements resulting in highly scalable platforms that are projected to support growth of over 30% and revenues in excess of $1B.
• Reengineered product fulfillment processes by identifying problematic areas and resolving complex business problems resulting in a 30% optimization of product delivery surpassing the stated SLAs.
• Received the prestigious CIO Annual Award and the CIO Quarterly Award for outstanding accomplishments as Engineering Leader From May 2009 to October 2011 (2 years 6 months) San Francisco Bay AreaPresident @ A consulting and applications architecture firm specializing in solutions for Fortune 500 organizations. Entrepreneurially build an organization by developing relationships with global partners. Architected high transaction ecommerce platforms for industry leading, high profile clients. Increased market share optimizing supply chain networks and creating engaging customer facing sites.
Client: A global retail big box specialty retailer of consumer electronics with revenues in excess of $40B.
• Orchestrated a team of global professionals to analyze needs, gather requirements, architect and deploy an ecommerce B2B in addition to revamping the customer reward zone, and overhauled the supply chain network to drive traffic and increase revenues.
• Reengineered the software development process by infusing AGILE/SCRUM methodologies as well as creating an outsourced team resulting in greater accuracy, higher code quality and a significant reduction in costs.
Client: A $10M healthcare organization specializing in clinical case study software.
• Designed a powerful data extraction tool using Groovy/Grails under very aggressive guidelines by implementing AGILE methodologies resulting in a successful project delivered on time and within scope.
• Selected to participate on the Joint Architectural Review Board and deliver expert opinions on the deployment strategies, systems optimizations and best practice implementations of the Enterprise Architecture Framework resulting in the development of a stable, robust platform that exceeds the needs of the business unit.
• Collaborated with senior developers and design engineers to analyze complex challenges in addition to advancing the application architectural strategy through the contextual, conceptual logical and physical modeling for a call center environment. From January 2005 to May 2009 (4 years 5 months) Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul AreaApplication Architect for bestbuy.com @ From September 2008 to November 2008 (3 months) Application Architect @ From January 2006 to April 2008 (2 years 4 months) Consultant @ Sr. J2EE Consultant From April 2005 to December 2005 (9 months) Application Architect @ From February 2003 to October 2004 (1 year 9 months) Consultant @ Led client teams of over 15 engineers to develop highly complex, multi-featured fulfillment ecommerce sites for a broad range of clients to include Federal Banks, State and Local Municipalities, Big Pharma, healthcare, hospitality and Fortune 500 organizations.
• Crafted strategic application architectural roadmaps, large scale development models and Use Case Scenarios.
• Liaised with mainframe developers, business analyst, user groups and other stakeholders to manufacture robust data transfers and seamlessly integrate proprietary financial systems. From August 1997 to February 2003 (5 years 7 months) Consultant @ Developed tools to optimize the configuration of geographically dispersed, multi-platform data for large Fortune 500 development teams. Worked on several complex projects for clients in Utilities Industries (NSP, PG&E), Broadcasting (Turner Broadcasting and Logistics (USPS) From May 1994 to August 1997 (3 years 4 months) Minnea
MS, Electrical Engineering @ Southern Illinois University, EdwardsvilleBachelors of Technology, Electronics and Communications Engineering @ Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Raghu Sagi is skilled in: Cross-functional Team..., Leadership, Enterprise Architecture, Agile Methodologies, SOA, IT Strategy, SDLC, Architecture, E-commerce, Application Architecture, Cloud Computing, Technical Leadership, Vendor Management, Oracle, Data Warehousing, Solution Architecture, Java Enterprise Edition, Software Development, Integration, Web Services, Business Development, Scrum, Business Analysis, Consulting, Requirements Analysis, Change Management, Business Process, XML, Software Project..., Java, Architectures, Management, Outsourcing, SQL, Databases, SaaS, Mobile Applications, Team Building, Agile Project Management, Strategy, Web Applications, IT Management, Software Engineering, Data Modeling, Analysis, Enterprise Software
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension