IT Professional Services and Keynote Speaker @ IT Professional Services and Keynote Speaker
Program Management Office (PMO) Manager – Services Transformation @ Cisco
Bachelor of Science (BS), Computer Science @
Nicholas has an MBA, PMP, PgMP and PfMP certification. He has held numerous professional services functions including Delivery, Services Product Management, and Services Sales. He has worked in very different professional services organizations, including IBM Global Services, Computer Associates, Cisco Systems and presently General Datatech. Nicholas has spoken across the country for PMI, ASQ, and other professional
Nicholas has an MBA, PMP, PgMP and PfMP certification. He has held numerous professional services functions including Delivery, Services Product Management, and Services Sales. He has worked in very different professional services organizations, including IBM Global Services, Computer Associates, Cisco Systems and presently General Datatech. Nicholas has spoken across the country for PMI, ASQ, and other professional services organizations on various topics, including PMP Certification, Project Scheduling, and Services Metrics. His talks take the “from the field”, practical experience approach. Nicholas has three wonderful children, a beautiful wife, and a dog. He is originally from New York, living in the Dallas area. Friends call him the “New York Cowboy.”
Service Provider Services Sales Deal Pursuit Manager @ • Responsible for understanding the customer needs, pain points, and constraints to align a services solution
• Achieved 2014 annual services account growth greater than 55%
• Build and grow the Cisco AS, US Cellular, Sprint, AT&T and CenturyLink accounts From November 2013 to Present (2 years 2 months) IT Professional Services and Keynote Speaker @ IT Professional Services and Keynote Speaker focusing on IT Services, Project, Program and Portfolio Management, Schedule Management and Strategy, Metrics.
• Where the Rubber Meets the Road (Scheduling Theory and Implementation Strategy)
• The Funny Thing About Metrics - (How Metrics Drives Unintended Behaviors)
• How to Obtain Your PMP Credential
Speaking Engagements have included:
• Chicagoland PMI Annual Symposium Speaker - October 2015
• Eastern Tennessee PMI Chapter Monthly Meeting Keynote - October 2015
• Fort Worth ASQ Monthly Guest Speaker - October/November 2015
• Dallas PMI Chapter Monthly Meeting Keynote - August 2015
• New York City PMI Chapter Monthly Meeting Keynote - 1998
• Southern New England PMI Chapter Monthly Meeting Keynote - 1998 From January 1997 to Present (19 years) Program Management Office (PMO) Manager – Services Transformation @ • Led the transformation to enable Cisco Services to be “Simple-Relevant-Smart” through a tool enabled, outcome based, realigned portfolio, enabling service quote turnaround time reduction of over 50%. From September 2012 to October 2013 (1 year 2 months) Services Delivery Manager – AT&T Mobility Labs Portfolio @ • Managed the services portfolio consisting of 8 direct reports, 12 project managers, 80-100 Cisco subject matter experts, with more than 35 projects run concurrently.
• Project portfolio addressed EPC/LTE/4G, IP Messaging, Foundry, and NMS, in an inter-related $50 million services program, enabling realization of AT&T’s tiered pricing marketing campaign. From December 2011 to September 2012 (10 months) Project Manager - AT&T HCS/Datacenter/Cloud/XaaS/Collaboration as a Service @ • International (US, Asia, Europe) Program Manager for the first rollout of the Hosted Collaboration System.
• The XaaS services deal was valued at $100 million over 8 years, and allowed AT&T to tie their OPEX to revenues, thus implementing a profitable pay as you consume business model.
• Provided implementation guidance regarding complex project/program management best practices/tools to Comcast, Verizon, and the Cox account teams. From January 2011 to December 2011 (1 year) Program Manager – AT&T LTE/EPC Systems Integration @ • Program Manager for the LTE/EPC validation, (FFA) First Field Application deployment, and production rollout requiring close collaboration with AT&T, Cisco, HP, ALU, EMC, CompuCom, General Datatech, and Ericsson.
• Utilized Microsoft Project Enterprise Server / SharePoint for the integration of 15 projects across 8 project managers, supporting $500 million in production network sales.
• Managed the proof of concept for the Serving/Packet Gateway (S/P-GW) and Policy Control (PCRF/PCEF) point solutions. Successful management enabled winning the follow on systems integration program contract and growing services revenues from $5 million to $50 million. From August 2009 to January 2011 (1 year 6 months) Services Business Development Manager – Verizon / VzW @ • Developed the vision, and positioning of the connected home services, Proactive Network Operations Center (PNOC), and post MPLS Program services for Verizon Wireless and Verizon From August 2008 to August 2009 (1 year 1 month) Program Manager – Verizon Wireless CRS/MPLS @ • Managed the CRS/MPLS services, with sales of over $275 million, using MS Project Enterprise Server to align design, implementation, network management, and deployment (over 200+ sites) into an integrated program.
• Successful deployment enabled sales of over $275 million, and laid the 4G/LTE infrastructure. From January 2005 to August 2008 (3 years 8 months) Project Manager – Service Provider team, Project Recovery @ • Managed optical, and IP telephony (VoIP) deployments for Verizon Wireless (80+ sites), in turn improving the customer’s view of services, leading to earning the top revenue producer spot in the Advanced Services team.
• Provided program management consultation and implementation services for Looking Glass Networks on their Operations Support System (OSS) design and implementation, while integrating 10 partner point solutions, and transforming into a unified team and program. Successful delivery enabled more than $250 million in revenue.
• Managed the software development team responsible for automation tools in support of the NOS (Network Optimization Service) customer program. From August 2000 to January 2005 (4 years 6 months) Project Manager – Enterprise Management, Security, Process Redesign, Project Recovery @ • Managed implementations of eTrust enterprise security software including Intrusion Detection, Access Controls, AntiVirus, and Policy Compliance, enabling a key banking customer to build their initial web presence.
• Managed Unicenter TNG enterprise management solution deployments including Network Management (NMS), Helpdesk, Asset Management, Software Delivery, and Remote Control.
• Project manager/business process analyst for the CA7/ACIS Billing technical and business process redesign efforts which would reduce system lifecycle support costs by $600,000 annually. From November 1998 to August 2000 (1 year 10 months) Services Delivery Manager – Managed Services Asset Load Team @ • Led team of 6 Project Managers responsible for first customer contact, asset database loads for IBM delivery centers in support of the NetworkStation Management outsourcing service.
• By streamlining the sales process, brought in $1.5M of new business within the first month. From May 1998 to November 1998 (7 months) Project Manager – Commonwealth Energy @ • Led a team responsible for initial data load for the customer across 50+ sites From June 1996 to May 1998 (2 years) Financial Accounting Systems Analyst @ From December 1993 to June 1996 (2 years 7 months) Oracle Support Specialist @ From March 1992 to December 1993 (1 year 10 months)
MBA, Financial Management @ Iona College From 1994 to 1996 Bachelor of Science (BS), Computer Science @ Hofstra University From 1991 to 1993 Post Masters, Marketing @ University of New Haven From 1997 to 1997 Stanford Advanced Project Management Certificate, Project Management @ Stanford University From 2002 to 2003 Advanced Masters Certificate in Project Management, Project Management @ The George Washington University From 2006 to 2007 Nicholas Errico, MBA, PfMP, PgMP, PMP [LION] is skilled in: Services Marketing, Sales Management, Telecom Monetization, Hands-on Problem Solver, OTT, Business Intelligence, Direct Sales, Program Management, PMP, PMO, Integration, MS Project, Project Portfolio Management, Management, Telecommunications
Looking for a different
Nicholas Errico, MBA, PfMP, PgMP, PMP [LION]?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension