Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt @ Tyco Safety Products
St. Pius X
Over the course of my career I have had the great fortune to work for several world class organizations, in a fast-paced environment, servicing high-tech industries and customers. I have held and excelled in a number of positions covering the full range of the product lifecycle, often being asked to take on startup roles. I launched my
Over the course of my career I have had the great fortune to work for several world class organizations, in a fast-paced environment, servicing high-tech industries and customers. I have held and excelled in a number of positions covering the full range of the product lifecycle, often being asked to take on startup roles. I launched my career with General Electric in their Aerospace division as a manufacturing producibility engineer, and then transitioned over to a small, privately held company where I started two groups within the organization and worked on the team that took them public. For the last 10+ years, I have been working for Tyco International in strategic business, product development and operational excellence roles; starting new teams and businesses here as well. I am comfortable and capable of talking nuts and bolts with the engineers, yield rates with manufacturing, ROI with finance and market segmentation with Sales and Marketing. My years of varied business experience, coupled with my Six Sigma knowledge, enables me to build a team, product or process when one does not exist or offer a well rounded view of what is, and what could be in an existing business process or product.
Specialties: Can see system level view of products and processes as well as operate at the individual step level.
Can organize and put structure to product or team concepts.
High-level presentations to execs - known for being able to describe complex technology in simple terms
Certified LSSMBB, Sr. Manager Global Data Services & Integration @ Manage the Remote Services platform for Tyco sister company SimplexGrinnell, actively participating in the rollout to the field and define and manage ongoing development of new features and responsible for leveraging the system in Tyco’s other global markets. In addition, I continue to balance these responsibilities with operational excellence and strategic business planning assignments.
• Managing and actively driving all aspects of several fire panel based remote diagnostic service tool programs around the globe – US program was released first and has produced over a 50% increase in First-Time-Fix metrics
• Co-founder and co-chair of the Tyco Integrated Networks Council which is responsible for defining common IT and data integration specifications for all Tyco products being developed by six independent business units, helping to drive 2 remote service pilots in other business units
• The Master Black Belt in the business unit, training and mentoring Green and Black Belts throughout the business unit – trained over 100 belts and certified 27 in 2009 and 20 in 2010
• Serve on our Business Unit strategic management council which scopes the direction of the business and R&D development programs From February 2009 to Present (6 years 11 months) LSS Master Black Belt, Solution Programs Manager @ Manage a team which researches and reviews externally produced products and technologies, evaluates them for inclusion in our core product line (outside purchase, license agreement or acquisition), and manages their release to the field.
• Managing the development of the business model, engineering requirements, proof of concept scope and performance metrics for a remote diagnostic service tool
• Program manage (process metrics/performance ) 50+ R&D projects (7 R&D Centers worldwide)
• Serve on 3 Business Unit level management councils which scope the direction of the business and R&D development programs
• Serve on a corporate level technology council which assesses future technology needs of 7 business units
• The Master Black Belt in the business unit, training and mentoring Green and Black Belts throughout the unit
• Managing relationships with Federal agencies, like FEMA, to extend the visibility and application of Fire Detection systems in additional applications From October 2006 to February 2009 (2 years 5 months) Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt @ Contribute technology content to and manage the strategic direction of fire products, at a corporate level, for the Fire Detection Strategic Business Unit. Concurrently working as a Design for Six Sigma Black Belt on product and process development projects throughout the SBU and mentoring Green and Black Belts to certification.
• Perform market analysis for the fire detection market, generate financial models, survey customers (VOC), author market requirements and product design documentation.
• Program manage (process metrics/performance ) 50+ Fire and Nurse Call R&D projects (7 R&D Centers worldwide)
• Managed a $1.7M 6 Sigma fire panel project with $7.5M margin return (5 years)
• Trained as a Master Black Belt , mentoring 12 Green Belts, 3 Black Belts From August 2003 to October 2006 (3 years 3 months) R&D Manager - Interoperability @ * Specified product requirements
* Managed the off-shore development of Graphical User Interfaces which control Tycos fire systems.
* Design new and manage existing gateways that link Tycos Fire & Security systems to third party HVAC, building automation and elevator control system manufacturers From January 2001 to August 2003 (2 years 8 months) Product Manager @ Designed/specified product, assisted sales, managed engineering development, marketing and installation of a new computer based product line. The product is a networked, data acquisition and analysis system that monitors and reports on the leak status of safety related Emergency Shutdown Valves for the Oil and Gas Industry From 1998 to 2000 (2 years) Product Manager @ Designed portions of and specified product requirements, assisted sales, managed engineering development, marketing and installation of a new computer based product line. This product is a networked, data acquisition and analysis system that monitors and reports, via an interface to existing plant control systems, on the machine health of large compressors and engines used in the petrochemical refining, gas transmission and transportation industries From June 1996 to December 1999 (3 years 7 months) Chief Engineer @ In charge of Engineering startup portion of the European Headquarters of Liberty Technologies, the project is a joint venture with Electricite du France (EdF), the worlds largest electric utility. From January 1996 to May 1996 (5 months) Engineering Manager - Valves and Software @ Responsible for all of the companys Valve diagnostic products and Corporate Software Development, including development of new products, next generation, spin-offs and existing product maintenance. Staff of 14 direct reports. From September 1992 to December 1995 (3 years 4 months) Engineering Manager - Applications @ Charged with starting an Applications group that could support our sales staff and growing customer base. Concurrently served as project manager for two software and one hardware upgrade programs, also supported European sales efforts. Staff of 5 direct reports. From September 1990 to September 1992 (2 years 1 month) Northeast Regional Sales Manager @ Engineering Sales of company products covering from Maine to Virginia. Served as technical representative for European and Asian sales trips. $1.1 Million in sales in 89, $1.8 in 1990. From April 1989 to September 1990 (1 year 6 months) Manager Manufacturing @ Helped a 20 person service company get into manufacturing a service product. The first year (7 months), we produced over $2 Million in product, with excellent margins. Staff of 4 direct reports. From November 1987 to April 1989 (1 year 6 months) Tooling Division Supervisior @ Responsible for all tooling covering all programs. Assigned work to in-house tool makers, released work for outside bid and managed over $40 Million in inventory. Re-organized an antiquated system, was presented the General Managers Award for the improvements implemented and outstanding performance in a CORE audit. Staff of 5 direct reports. From May 1987 to November 1987 (7 months) Producibility Engineer @ Liaison between Design Engineering and Manufacturing floor. Responsible for tooling, CNC Programs and production processes for proto-type and release hardware. Assigned lead engineer, turned 60% efficient procedures into 98% efficient within 6 months. From May 1985 to May 1987 (2 years 1 month)
BME, Mechanical Engineering @ Villanova University From 1981 to 1985 St. Pius X From 1977 to 1981 Anthony Moffa is skilled in: Six Sigma, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Process Improvement, Product Development, Program Management, Manufacturing, Integration, Engineering, Product Management, Operational Excellence, Management, Project Management, Business Process, Continuous Improvement, Engineering Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension