Senior Database Engineer @ Amdocs Inc. @ Paramount Soft
Bachelor’s Degree @
Results-driven, client-focused, articulate and analytical five plus years experienced database developer/analyst who can think “out of the box” . Self-motivated, ambitious, quick learner, deadline orientated professional, participated in application development projects and supported in the maintenance and enhancement of the existing applications. Driven by self-discipline, poised to work independently and in a team with the minimum of
Results-driven, client-focused, articulate and analytical five plus years experienced database developer/analyst who can think “out of the box” . Self-motivated, ambitious, quick learner, deadline orientated professional, participated in application development projects and supported in the maintenance and enhancement of the existing applications. Driven by self-discipline, poised to work independently and in a team with the minimum of supervision. Presented excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experienced in Client-Server 3-tier architecture of database development.
• Excelled in problem-solving skills, writing ad-hoc Complex Queries, Join Statements, Hierarchical Queries and code debugging
• Experienced in the On the Fly Table, Merge Statement, Views, Inline, Indexing,
Partitioned Tables and Index Organized Table.
• Worked on PL/SQL modular sub programming, collections, Stored Procedures, Packages, Functions and Triggers creation, modification, debugging and testing.
• Optimization of complex queries causing bottleneck and making changes in system design for performance improvement.
• Technically versed in UNIX commands and basic knowledge on Shell Scripting.
Specialties: Oracle PL/SQL (9i/10g/11g) Modelling/Design and Development, Oracle Performance Tuning, Unix Scripting, R, Hive, Oracle Life Sciences Data Hub, Oracle Data Management Workbench
Sr. Developer @ From February 2015 to Present (11 months) Senior Subject Matter Expert @ *Adhoc UNIX scripting for data cleansing, and extraction
*Working very closely with business users, understand nature of data, transforming business requirements into the code, and applying and scheduling patches due to application issues.
Investigation for the failure and issue, follow-up with all groups needed & communicating all issues to management.
*Billing issues and rejects and all End of Day failures and issues. Automate any manual work performed using Shell scripting.
*Using efficient coding techniques, partitioning, indexes, and temporary tables to extract the data from the joins of 1 TB tables.
*Working closely with DBA to resolve any performance related issues. From November 2013 to February 2015 (1 year 4 months) Senior Software Engineer @ • Understanding and analyzing legacy system and integrating the old environment with the new one using various intermediate tools, like XSLT, Composite, and Custom made loose coupling among applications.
• Participated in all phases of SDLC starting from Analysis to Delivery of the application development projects and also supported enhancements and maintenance of existing applications
• Applying security and restricting access of data according to user using application context (sys_context) and triggers
• Deep understanding of LSH Domains, Application Areas, Work Area and Work Area Objects and operations applied on these objects (Table, Programs, GVA, Data Mart, Loadset)
• Using tables snapshot and blinding in LSH (Doing all the things using public APIs)
• Reporting Oracle LSH/DMW product related bugs to oracle
• Automated bulk emails with attachments on job completion using PL/SQL packages.
• Creating Data Models and writing transformation in DMW using complex SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures and functions.
• Developed ETL’s (LSH Programs) for Data Extraction, Data Mapping and data Conversion using SQL, PL/SQL and various shell scripts.
• Developing Adapters, Visualization Layer (GVA) in LSH for external applications
• Meeting with management for enhancement/changes of the components/processes.
• Automated LSH programs for encoding of verbatim terms, levelling according to given dictionaries.
• Troubleshooting and implementing bug fixes and enhancements within tight deadlines.
• Conducted code walkthrough & internal/peer reviews.
• Written code for monitor FTP locations using pl/sql ftp utilities and trigger the file load using utl_file as soon as it’s becomes available on FTP location. From April 2013 to November 2013 (8 months) Senior Software Engineer @ • Understanding requirement and design of overall system (UI + Database) architecture on top of Oracle Life Sciences Hub (Oracle LSH) for ease of user navigation.
• Extensively worked on using LSH public APIs (Oracle Packages and Procedures).
• Built 3 Add on – ADF Add on, SAS Add on, and SAS Enterprise Guide Add on From August 2012 to March 2013 (8 months) Software Engineer @ • Development/Deployment of clinical trial protocols using Oracle 10g database, HP Unix, Toad
• Oracle database query optimization and performance tuning
• Developing components for the applications
• Tier 3 application support of applications
Master of Computer Applications (MCA), Computer Science, First Division with Honours @ Amity School of Computer Sciences From 2007 to 2010 Bachelor of Science (BSc), Mathematics, 1st @ Kanpur University From 2004 to 2007 High School, Science @ SDSVM From 2000 to 2004 Manu Batham is skilled in: Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, Database Design, Data Modeling, Performance Tuning, ETL, R, Statistical Modeling, Hadoop, Unix, Data Analysis, Java, Unix Shell Scripting, Shell Scripting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension