Senior Engineering Manager @ Led the front-end team primarily tasked with implementing the UI seen by Firefox's 400 million users, including the Firefox 29 "Australis" redesign. Set team goals, feature priorities, and schedules. Increased team effectiveness by removing roadblocks and ensuring clear decisions. Coordinated with other cross-functional teams within Mozilla (UX, User Research, Security/Privacy, Identity, Labs, etc.),
Achieved Sun's highest rating in annual review, and was promoted for outstanding performance. Full-time telecommuter and part of a geographically distributed group.
* Extensive new development, debugging, and cleanup of legacy smartcard code.
* Independently designed and implemented PKCS#11 "metaslot" module.
* Performed rigorous design and code reviews to improve product quality.
* Introduced new smartcard APIs in Solaris for partner and customer usage.
* Coordinated with technical writers to rewrite administrator guide and man pages. From November 2000 to March 2004 (3 years 5 months) Reston, VA and Columbus, OHSoftware Engineer @ Wrote a full-featured HTTP/1.1 transparent proxy for BigIP, and integrated with an on-the-fly content acceleration toolkit from Akamai. Maintained test environment for the local development office. Evaluated firewall security appliances for potential new managed service. Investigated kernel-based network security enhancements. From March 2000 to October 2000 (8 months) Tyson's Corner, VASoftware Engineer @ Designed and developed software for the InterLock, a Solaris-based application layer firewall targeted at Fortune 200 customers. Worked very closely with support staff to resolve escalated customer issues, and assist with product training. Responsible for troubleshooting time-sensitive, critical issues
on remote customer firewalls in live production environments. Managed build environment and took ownership of process for releasing product updates.
* Earned reputation for quickly and decisively resolving customer issues.
* Redesigned and rewrote core ruleset engine for better performance and security.
* Wrote enhanced FTP proxy, and drove major changes to HTTP, DNS, and RTSP proxies.
* Created new web-based system for manufacturing, which simplified and automated the install process for InterLock and Firewall-1 systems.
* Improved documentation and logging, directly resulting in better customer support. From December 1997 to March 2000 (2 years 4 months) Reston, VA
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension