Chief Information Officer at BMC @ BMC - Building Materials and Construction Solutions
Chief Information Officer @ American Tire Distributors
Chief Information Officer and Managing Director @ EDENS : Enriching Communities through Retail
Chief Information Officer and Managing Director @ From September 2012 to Present (3 years 2 months) Columbia, South Carolina AreaSVP Retail Solutions @ Member of the senior executive team for America’s 2nd largest Home Improvement Company. Scope of responsibility includes portfolio planning, solutions implementation and support for all areas of the business. Staff of approximately 550 employees
Chief Information Officer and Managing Director @ From September 2012 to Present (3 years 2 months) Columbia, South Carolina AreaSVP Retail Solutions @ Member of the senior executive team for America’s 2nd largest Home Improvement Company. Scope of responsibility includes portfolio planning, solutions implementation and support for all areas of the business. Staff of approximately 550 employees and 2000 contractors. Expense budget of approximately $47M and capital projects budget of $1B in 2011.
Enabled Technology and Solutions to Support Lowe’s Strategic Vision – Focus on the Customer to create a Simple & Seamless Cross-Channel Experience ($96B Market Opportunity):
• Implemented CRM and Order Management capabilities to support project selling (items and services) on-line/mobile, in-store or via the call center
• Defined Store Clustering and Assortment Planning to enable store specific assortments and improve space utilization ($1B in inventory reductions anticipated)
• Implemented Social Collaboration technology to support store associate collaboration
• Implemented My Lowe’s to provide customers purchase history visibility, organization of purchases in their ‘home’, drive inspiration and stickiness
• Drove Lowes.com stability and scaling to handle 2.5X volume increase
• Deployed 42,000 iPhones to support in store selling by associates
• Launched Lowe’s first iPhone App - #1 Retail App
Built a World Class IT team:
• Improved Business/IT relationship
• Improved IT solutions delivery
• Fostered IT culture of empowerment, innovation, risk taking
Built out Technology Infrastructure to support significant IT Investments:
• Drove Store Infrastructure refresh of $450M to support Strategic Programs
• Developed IT Shared Services team – Including SOA, Quality and Collaboration Centers of Excellence as well as Portfolio & Technical Architecture disciplines
• Conceived IT Technology Strategic Blueprint to drive flexibility, nimbleness and innovation in solutions delivery (Cloud, SOA, End User Device Strategy, MDM & Analytics, Mobility, Identity & Access Management) From May 2009 to September 2012 (3 years 5 months) Mooresville, NCCIO @ A senior executive team leader responsible for all areas of technology including dealership operations, shared services , e-commerce and strategic initiatives. Heavy acquisition and organic growth grew company from start up to over $19B in revenue. IT staff consists of 140 full-time employees, and a total annual budget of approximately $150 million including $10 million of capital.
Implemented foundational infrastructure components across 257 acquisitions:
• Consolidation to a single ERP system in a SaaS model to leverage AutoNation scale, support management reporting and drive operational efficiencies – achieved 50% software cost savings
• Deployment of network infrastructure and B2E portal with application deployment via Citrix to drive 40% infrastructure cost reductions
• Implementation of data intelligence strategies to support centralized vehicle ordering, marketing and internet sites, and management analytics all enabled by ERP data and system standardization
Aligned system development efforts to key business objectives:
• Implementation of AutoNation.Com websites and piloting of Buy on Line sites to enable the entire retail transaction to be done on-line
• Applications and tools to provide transparency during the transaction including Sales Menus and F&I Menus
• Provided technology including imaging, OCR and workflow to enable the consolidation of dealership back offices into a single Shared Service Center.
Drove IT Operational Excellence:
• Service Level Agreements and Internal IT processes (ITIL based) to ensure IT meets business needs
• Lean highly effective IT team that leverages technology to deliver world class service (IT team size held flat since 2001 despite doubling of infrastructure and numerous additional applications)
• Drove Automotive Retail Industry Technology advancements including Industry's first SaaS model
- Defined Technology Strategy aligned to AutoNation's Omni-channel Vision From March 1997 to May 2009 (12 years 3 months) Ft. Lauderdale, FloridaAndersen Consulting @ Involved in application development, process re-engineering and strategic planning for several Fortune 500 companies.
Primary focus was in retail consumer products and manufacturing (Aerospace & Defense).
Major clients included: PepsiCo, Motorola, Pratt & Whitney, Harris Corp, Simmons, and AutoNation From March 1987 to March 1997 (10 years 1 month)
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Computer Information Systems @ University of Miami From 1983 to 1987 Joyce Vonada is skilled in: Retail, Master Data Management, Data Integration, E-commerce, Vendor Management, IT Strategy, IT Management, Process Improvement, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Team Building, Team Leadership
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension