Shanghai University of International Business and Economics
I am the guy that can get you answers. I can bring several disparate data sources and tie them together to tell a story. In my career I have provided analysis for a host of different groups including ecommerce buyers and planners, ad sales, finance, customer acquisition, and executive management. I have been exposed to a host
I am the guy that can get you answers. I can bring several disparate data sources and tie them together to tell a story. In my career I have provided analysis for a host of different groups including ecommerce buyers and planners, ad sales, finance, customer acquisition, and executive management. I have been exposed to a host of data sources and storage methods. For producing my analysis I have processed raw text, API data, web scraping, 3rd party UIs, and several different database structures. My passion for data has lead me to learning as much as I could about any tools I could get my hands on. I have taught myself VBA, MySQL, PHP, and Python as well as developing a proficiency in R and several noSQL languages. I have a working knowledge of HTML, XML, Java, and regex to complement these and have used all of these in data gathering endeavors.
One of the biggest projects I've undertaken was the implementing the BI dashboard tool GoodData for use across my entire company by all levels of employee. I have always been proud of my ability to learn what the current pain points are in a company’s data stream and being able to alleviate them. I have a love for automation and process simplification and a personal vendetta against inefficiencies and ugly data. Using my technological skills I work to find the most efficient and accurate ways of getting data from where it originates into the hands of the people that need to act on it.
Since I have started working, I have worked under tight deadlines and in the constantly fast paced digital world. This has allowed me to work in high pressure and fluid situations. I am infinitely curious and always looking for new, better ways to do things and new, better tools to use to help me and to those around me.
Specialties: Python, PHP, R, Google Analytics, SQL, financial analysis, credit management, project management, reading/writing Mandarin Chinese
Web Developer - Reporting and Analytics @ • Developing new ways to get data to those who need it in the company
• Drive reporting automation process utilizing Python API libraries, PHP, and SQL (mySQL and noSQL)
• Admin for GoodData BI tool used by entire company to drive decisions
• Acting as liaison between the tech team and the rest of the company to make sure needs are met on both ends effectively as possible. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Greater New York City AreaSenior Analyst @ • Producing daily, weekly, monthly management reporting for driving the business.
• Dealing with ad hoc requests from across the company.
• Drive reporting automation process utilizing Python API libraries and SQL (mySQL and noSQL).
• Managed implementation of GoodData BI tools and creation of dashboards and reporting for the entire company.
• Running analysis and forecasting models for management.
• Assisting management with forecasting and budgeting as well as aiding in the decision making process for policy changes.
• Working with tech to implement new features and managing how these changes are reflected in the databases.
• Acted as data liaison between several groups throughout the company to ensure cohesiveness and mutual understanding of data and key metrics. From May 2013 to Present (2 years 8 months) Greater New York City AreaAccounts Receivable Manager @ • Created the billing process for Thrillist.com advertising including generating reporting and creating revenue schedules
• Reduced AR balance by $2 million in first three months
• Handle all revenue and sales related entries for the three business entities and manage cash flow
• Make collections calls as necessary
• Establish credit for new and existing customers.
• Manage physical inventory and ecommerce sales for the Jack Threads business by working with the tech team to locate the correct data and turning it into usable reporting that could be standardized for all teams
• Took an active role in the implementation of the NetSuite accounting system and the creation of reporting tools, import/export features, and collaborating with the entire team to make sure everyone got what they needed in the system.
• Work with AP team to streamline the billing/payment process
• Generate forecasting and revenue analysis reporting for upper management.
• Handling day to day journal entries, bank reconciliations and accounting tasks. From August 2011 to May 2013 (1 year 10 months) Accounts Receivable Analyst @ • Created complex billing schedules for the multiple business segments
• Performed credit analysis of new and existing clients
• Managed Great Plains integration and client accounts
• Handled media delivery report analysis coming from several different ad serving platforms
• Aided in the collections process for delinquent clients From July 2009 to August 2011 (2 years 2 months) Greater New York City Area
Bachelors, Finance @ Seton Hall University From 2005 to 2009 Finance, Mandarin Chinese @ Shanghai University of International Business and Economics From 2007 to 2008 Joseph Sigona is skilled in: Financial Analysis, Excel, Salesforce.com, PowerPoint, Customer Relations, Microsoft Office, Financial Reporting, Forecasting, Accounting, Analysis, Project Management, Online Advertising, Digital Media, Billing Process, Collections
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension