Marketing Director @ Kemin Industries, Global Animal and Human Nutrition
Associate Director, Marketing @ Merck Animal Health
Marketing Manager, Companion Animal @ Intervet / Schering-Plough Animal Health
B.S. Agricultural Economics @
Rutgers University New Brunswick, NJ
Leadership in strategic marketing and brand management building market share for new and existing products in the veterinary channel. Maximize organizational resources to meet revenue and market share goals for U.S., European and Latin American brands. Led commercial and marketing direction for new product development teams collaborating with R&D, Regulatory, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Technical Service, and Sales
Leadership in strategic marketing and brand management building market share for new and existing products in the veterinary channel. Maximize organizational resources to meet revenue and market share goals for U.S., European and Latin American brands. Led commercial and marketing direction for new product development teams collaborating with R&D, Regulatory, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Technical Service, and Sales Management.
Leadership in Strategic Marketing: Focused marketing and sales resources on the high-potential, canine/feline gastrointestinal market with a unique “anti-diarrhea” product with 50% sales growth in 2014.
Brand Development: Re-branded a line of veterinary supplements by developing a new look and identity for segment categories including new branded icons, labeling and trademarks.
Team Leadership: Led commercial and marketing direction for the development, launch and stewardship of Vetsulin® insulin in team collaboration with R&D, Regulatory, Technical Services and Manufacturing.
- Strategic Marketing - Product Development
- Brand Development - Financial Analysis
- Market Analysis - Marketing Alliances
- Market Research - Team Leadership
Marketing Director @ Lead Companion Animal Marketing and Brand Management for a broad line of nutraceutical products serving veterinarians in the U.S.
- Focused marketing in the canine/feline gastrointestinal segment for diarrhea with 50% sales growth.
- Built new promotional programs and “value-based” price increases
- Developed an E-marketing solution to complement a limited sales force and promotional budget to increase customer engagement From March 2014 to November 2014 (9 months) Associate Director, Marketing @ U.S. Companion Animal Marketing and Sales - Endocrinology and Pharmaceuticals
Led the commercial strategy and marketing execution for insulin, canine hypothyroidism, urinary incontinence, anti-infectives, ophthalmics, diuretics at $45 million.
- Coordinated and implemented marketing campaign for the re-introduction of Optimmune® ophthalmic for dry eye in dogs with rapid recapture of accounts and sales growth.
- Conducted thorough market analysis, planning and execution of Incurin® launch for urinary incontinence in dogs gaining broad account penetration.
- Drove a cross-discipline development team on the re-introduction of Vetsulin® insulin, and created newly branded promotional and market support tools for the sales force, technical service and veterinary customers. From 2011 to 2014 (3 years) Marketing Manager, Companion Animal @ Led Marketing, Sales, New Product Development of Endocrinology Products, Anti-infectives, Ophthalmics, and Diuretics.
- Implemented Vetsulin® (insulin) campaign of new, merged organization and achieved 60% sales growth.
- Tripled Orbax® anti-infective sales with launch of oral suspension line extension driven by marketing campaign based on convenient dosing in cats From 2008 to 2011 (3 years) Marketing Manager, Companion Animal @ Marketing and Sales of Companion Animal Vaccines and Pharmaceuticals
Structured the marketing programs, commercial strategy and branding for the newly launched Companion Animal Business Unit achieving 30% + sales growth per annum.
- Implemented strategies and tactics with R&D, New Product Development, Commercial Operations, Technical Services, Sales Management and Distributor Relations Teams.
- Coordinated and implemented 2005 launch campaign for Vetsulin®, the first FDA-approved veterinary insulin.
- Led standard-of-care transition to 3-year core vaccines with Continuum® brand of USDA-approved, 3-year canine and feline vaccines based on a strong educational platform. From 2004 to 2008 (4 years) Senior Marketing Manager @ Managed the strategic direction of a $250 M cattle pharmaceutical business across 10 key markets.
- Launched Draxxin®, a major anti-infective for cattle and swine respiratory disease in Europe.
Managed global brand marketing and new product development for 5 key bovine mastitis products valued at $50 million.
-Led a brand development team to re-position Pirsue® and develop Spectramast® anti-infective mastitis products.
Developed strategies for companion animal new product development in Latin America and Asia.
- Redirected Revolution® global brand strategy resulting in new positioning , and 25% cost savings in promotion and packaging. From 2001 to 2004 (3 years)
Master of International Management, International Marketing @ Thunderbird School of Global ManagementB.S. Agricultural Economics @ Rutgers University New Brunswick, NJ John Janelli is skilled in: Product Launch, Sales Effectiveness, Marketing, Market Planning, Marketing Management, Pharmaceutical Sales, Market Analysis, Pharmaceutical Industry, Vaccines, Competitive Analysis, Product Marketing, Endocrinology, Product Development, Global Marketing, Business Strategy, Marketing Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension