Analytical and strategically focused Finance/Accounting Executive with comprehensive expertise in accounting principles, financial statements, and budget oversight for domestic and international corporations. Expert in identifying problems and implementing long-term technical solutions that establish and support continued operational efficiency. Utilize effective communication and design skills to develop and present accurate and consistent data and financial reports to executive
Analytical and strategically focused Finance/Accounting Executive with comprehensive expertise in accounting principles, financial statements, and budget oversight for domestic and international corporations. Expert in identifying problems and implementing long-term technical solutions that establish and support continued operational efficiency. Utilize effective communication and design skills to develop and present accurate and consistent data and financial reports to executive management. Strategic leader proven to build a high performing team that drives compliance in financial operations and recordkeeping.
STRATEGIC CONTRIBUTIONS -
- Developed, documented and implemented internal controls. Minimized audit deficiencies by maintaining and enforcing stringent internal control policies.
- Successfully implemented and configured Budget Maestro budgeting software and Olympic Project Cost accounting system.
- Project managed payroll conversion from ADP to Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics for in-house processing.
- Ensured compliance with software revenue recognition rules through effective collaboration with a team consisting of the CFO, project managers, and revenue accountant.
- Designed and implemented automated reports for time-card analysis and project metrics, facilitating financial reporting, project management, and staff technical capabilities.
- Adhered to and enforced strict reporting deadlines in consolidating monthly global P&L and balance sheet, including completing elimination and translation adjustment entries and writing an executive summary explaining significant changes.
- Created and analyzed financial statements and presented results to executive staff, including P&L analysis and forecasts of revenues, expenses, and cash flow.
- Facilitated the annual budget process by identifying and investigating trends, designing long range forecast models, and creating monthly vs. actual budget reports to track results.
Director of Finance/Controller @ - Direct all accounting related functions, including financial statements, budgeting/forecasting, payroll, commissions, deferred revenue, revenue recognition, intercompany, accounts payable/receivable and account reconciliations.
- Directly supervise accounting functions for the German subsidiary and liaise with external statutory reporting and tax firm.
- Hire, train, promote, and mentor accounting staff in order to build a high performance team capable of scaling to a high growth company.
- Manage and coordinate the annual external audit and maintain oversight for the budget and accounting month end close processes. From January 2014 to Present (2 years) Greater San Diego AreaController @ - Directed departmental workflow, operations, and financial/accounting functions, including financial statements, payroll, fixed assets, accounts payable/receivable, inventory, and account reconciliations.
- Filed federal, state, and local tax returns for payroll and sales tax, such as Washington State and Seattle business and occupancy tax, Canadian goods and services, and Quebec sales tax.
- Hired, trained, and coached accounting staff to maintain consistency in processes and procedures and achieve compliant operations.
- Managed and coordinated the annual external audit and maintained oversight for the budget and accounting month end close processes. From May 2008 to September 2013 (5 years 5 months) Senior International Accountant @ - Ensured compliance with corporate policy and U.S. GAAP through review and analysis of monthly P&L for domestic and international offices, and regional cost centers.
- Maintained intercompany loan schedules, and analyzed and recorded foreign exchange gains and losses and foreign currency translation adjustments.
- Reconciled G/L accounts, recorded journal entries, and assisted with the annual budget preparation and consolidation.
- Created quarterly comparative financial statements and analytical reports for submission to executive management. From November 2005 to May 2008 (2 years 7 months) Senior Accountant @ - Managed and executed daily accounting procedures, including G/L journal entries, account reconciliations, fixed asset management, accounts payable, and cash management.
- Maintained corporate stock options data and G/L chart of accounts, completed and submitted annual 1099 reports and property tax assessments, and assisted with annual audit process.
- Calculated expense recognition in accordance with FAS 123(R). From February 2002 to November 2005 (3 years 10 months) Staff Accountant - Accounts Receivable @ From January 1999 to August 2001 (2 years 8 months) Accountant @ From October 1996 to October 1999 (3 years 1 month)
Bachelor of Science, Accounting @ Lubbock Christian University From 1993 to 1995 Accounting @ Eastern Oregon University From 1992 to 1993 Pepperdine University From 1991 to 1992 Janea Courtright is skilled in: Variance Analysis, General Ledger, Financial Statements, Accounting, Forecasting, Finance System Implementation, Consolidation, Software Revenue Recognition SOP 97-2, Budgets, Accounting System Administration, Start-ups, Account Reconciliation, Process Improvement, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Microsoft Dynamics
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension