I am a full-stack-capable software developer specializing in backend development of RESTful APIs. I am capable of designing, implementing, and deploying the full stack of a web application architecture including AWS and Linux system management, database design and administration, application server implementation and deployment, web server configuration and maintenance, UI design and development, and Android mobile application
I am a full-stack-capable software developer specializing in backend development of RESTful APIs. I am capable of designing, implementing, and deploying the full stack of a web application architecture including AWS and Linux system management, database design and administration, application server implementation and deployment, web server configuration and maintenance, UI design and development, and Android mobile application development. I have served as lead developer for a production application that has seen a 2300% increase in monthly active subscribers with over 50,000 downloads on the Google Play Store during my 3 year tenure.
Engineer @ From April 2015 to Present (9 months) San Francisco Bay AreaLead Developer @ • Re-architected My Mobile Watchdog application server and database from Java/Spring/Hibernate JBoss application server to Python-based Web2py while maintaining full uptime for 14k active users and an additional 10k active client devices.
• Designed and implemented REST API for new Web2py architecture using industry best practices.
• Designed and implemented fully-normalized MySQL database schema and infrastructure through collaboration with developers, database administrators, and systems administrators to ensure high uptime, reduction of data redundancy, and scalability.
• Managed rewrite of My Mobile Watchdog front end from Sencha ExtJS to responsive Bootstrap 3 and AngularJS for use with new Web2py architecture.
• Managed rewrite of Nice Office CRM front end from Sencha ExtJS to responsive Bootstrap 3 and AngularJS.
• Implemented new Rep on the Run product from scratch in a 57 hour period for Salesforce Hackathon 2013 including Android app and promotional video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQNKeOGfXPg).
• Implemented redesign of marketing HTML pages using responsive Bootstrap 3 framework which led to a 200% increase in signups due to prevalence of visits from mobile.
• Implemented marketing and signup HTML pages for My Social Watchdog new product offering using jQuery and PHP. From March 2013 to March 2015 (2 years 1 month) Senior Developer / QA Manager @ • Re-architected Android and iOS client apps using PhoneGap/Cordova and Sencha Touch to be deployed from a remote web-server to facilitate rapid deployment of bug fixes and improvements.
• Implemented new feature for Google and Apple in-app subscriptions on Android and iOS client apps with associated server and database modifications.
• Implemented new feature for iOS configuration profile creation and management via Apple OTA Profiles.
• Implemented major overhaul of Sencha ExtJS front end including numerous new features and improvements for use in My Mobile Watchdog SMB new product launch.
• Implemented analytics on marketing pages including Google Analytics, Clicktale, and Crazy Egg.
• Designed and conducted QA program in collaboration with both on-site developers and off-site contractors for Nice Office mobile app new product offering including test specification and analysis of benchmarks and results from both client and server applications. From June 2012 to March 2013 (10 months) Junior Developer @ • Implemented JasperReports BI suite to automatically generate daily and weekly reports of customer statistics from MySQL database.
• Designed, developed, and administered QA tests of all product lines for both mobile client, web client, and server applications.
• Developed in-house Android app to facilitate automation of common QA tests, including programmatic execution of all basic phone operations, for Android client application testing.
• Implemented new features and optimizations on Sencha ExtJS front end to improve user experience.
• Collaborated with customer support to answer and respond to support tickets and customer calls in order to determine error reproduction procedures and design app improvements. From August 2011 to June 2012 (11 months) Founder, President @ Founded a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization to conduct anthropological research and disseminate knowledge on archaic Vietnamese archaeological artifacts in benefactor possession.
Managed research collaborations with and between cultural organizations, historians, and scholars. From May 2010 to June 2012 (2 years 2 months) Assistant Developer @ Began development of MSSQL database to extract, transform, and load real estate listings obtained through the California Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and Zillow.com to identify optimal investment opportunities. From June 2011 to August 2011 (3 months) Intern @ • Conducted statistical research and analysis on U.S. economic policy during 2008-2009 recession as part of University of California's Quarter-in-Washington internship program.
• Provided summary briefings to staff on hearings and lectures from Congress, NGOs and think tanks.
• Designed informational brochure and program presentation for annual client conference. From March 2009 to June 2009 (4 months) Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) Clerk @ • Setup, configured, and managed real-time web-based video streaming system for live broadcast of lectures on international business and micro-finance from UCLA Anderson School of Management.
• Researched documentaries for use in quarterly "Social Issues in Business" video and discussion series.
• Handled clerical tasks including design of promotional flyers, review of presentation materials, and processing of reimbursement forms. From September 2005 to June 2009 (3 years 10 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension