Customer centric and Data Driven Product Manager with over 7 years experience in analyzing business processes and requirements, working with key stakeholders, and implementing optimal technology solutions to support business goals and strategies. Creative and tenacious problem solver involved in all stages of technology projects from analysis, planning and design through deployment, support, testing and documentation.Passionate about
Customer centric and Data Driven Product Manager with over 7 years experience in analyzing business processes and requirements, working with key stakeholders, and implementing optimal technology solutions to support business goals and strategies. Creative and tenacious problem solver involved in all stages of technology projects from analysis, planning and design through deployment, support, testing and documentation.Passionate about delivering highly innovative products that are deeply customer focused.
- Expertise in Business process and system analysis serving as an effective primary liaison between the business and technology groups.
- Understanding business requirements for customers, and translating them to specific software requirements and project scope.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills while documenting strategic business objectives, building business cases, and model detailed Use Cases, Process Flows and business rules for solution delivery
- Cross-functional experience working with managers, IT development, IT operations, and Database Administrators to ensure projects are delivered on-time and accurately meet business requirements.
- Effectively communicating with internal teams and external clients to deliver functional requirements.
- Acting as an interface between internal business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Project management, people management, risk management.
• Business Requirements Analysis
• System analysis and Design
• Functional documentation (JAD, RAD, FSD, FRD)
• Data Warehouse
• Business System Integration, Vendor integration
• Project Management
• Web services, service oriented architecture
• Wire framing, Prototyping
• Data analysis, data mapping
• Use Case Modeling
• Business Process improvement, implementation & support
• Stakeholder Engagement
• IT Collaboration and Solutions
• Release / Testing Management
• Business Data Reporting Analytics
Product Manager @ - Responsible for developing a comprehensive product and marketing roadmap to deliver on business goals
- Drive global product requirements definition, product planning and product design (including writing PRDs) of new features and enhancements
- Work cross-functionally and with the Product Development team to bring features live to the site
- Clearly communicate product benefits to our users and internal stakeholders
- Develop product and marketing plans in collaboration with product development, marketing, sales, support, operations and other cross-functional teams to optimize the full product lifecycle of your portfolio products. From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Business Analyst @ • Elicit requirements, critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
• Drive API integrations and enhancements and Serve as the SME to facilitate the open API development tasks
• Lead and own requirements management and tracking by creating stories/acceptance criteria and manage the enhancements including story sign-off, launch readiness, lead bug triage sessions for key initiatives targeting a significant reduction in defects and creating time-efficient project schedules.
• Write Agile user stories for feature additions and enhancements to Kohls' ecommerce platform. Manage product backlog and user story priorities.
• Serve as the conduit between the internal business users and the software development team through which requirements flow.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements
• Make strategic and tactical decisions about product functionality, balancing appropriate tradeoffs between business goals, user goals scalability/maintainability and process efficiency. From August 2014 to April 2015 (9 months) Business Analyst/Project Manager @ • Created, managed and tracked project vehicles, including, but not limited to:
o Project schedules
o Detailed project plans
o Project scope statements
o Risk and issues logs
o Status reports
• Tailored project management, development and support processes to meet the needs of individual (new and/or ongoing) projects.
• Spearheaded the revamp of requirements tracking and Project tracking.
• Managed the day-to-day activities of projects and team; communicate with cross-functional teams as necessary to ensure project deliverables are on schedule and within cost parameters.
• Communicate and collaborate with internal and external customers as needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with sponsors.
• Make decisions and communicate trade-offs and risks; drive key decisions across projects.
• Provide ongoing project plan/status reporting for use by project managers, clients and management.
• Convert various business requirements to functional requirements and be the leading expert in creating solutions to address capabilities requested.
• Participated in end to end implementation planning to include project management, issue management, communication and change management
• Leveraged business knowledge and expertise to drive business process improvements
• Defined and monitored scope, time lines, quality, business value of the project and product
• Worked closely with Project Managers to provide resource estimates, project timelines and influence the roadmap
• Coordinated efforts with resources in other business groups to ensure solutions are properly planned and executed in a highly interdependent
• Coordinated project milestone decisions
• Ensured smooth transition and business transformation for our stakeholders
• Managed, and influenced stakeholder project and solution expectations From March 2013 to August 2014 (1 year 6 months) Business Analyst @ • Worked closely with business and management teams to understand their data and reporting needs, elicited and wrote business requirements and developed reporting solutions to meet business and team objectives.
• Supplied detail data reports, data definitions, and source to target mapping documentation in Excel and using SharePoint.
• Analyzed data using Excel and complex SQL queries to provide insight for executive level reporting and to help direct business decisions.
• Collaborated with BI experts to define conceptual solutions, data structures, verification and validation methods and implementation road map.
• Served as a liaison/mediator between senior management, business units and development teams by identifying and writing user requirements, defining and refining performance objectives, metrics, data sources and analytics.
• Communicated changes and enhancements of the reporting solutions to the BI team and other internal users.
• Participated in client and project team meetings to explain and interpret analysis methodology and results.
• Conducted research and analysis to make recommendations on enhancements for the data warehouse solution. From October 2010 to May 2011 (8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaBusiness/Data Analyst @ • Successfully provided business intelligence, data analytics, and ad-hoc reporting support to internal and external sales and marketing teams.
• Analyzed business scenarios and identified opportunities for improvement through automation and business process change.
• Developed user requirements, functional requirements and technical specifications.
• Performed data mining, analysis and reporting to support product, research, sales, market intelligences, and management teams
• Performed various data analyses using data drawn from diverse sources to map and identify genuine trends and relationships
• Performed business process analysis to review, analyze, create AS-IS and To-Be processes, define use cases, develop functional and technical requirements.
• Compiled and analyzed raw data from disparate sources to achieve improved accuracy in weekly and monthly reports From October 2009 to October 2010 (1 year 1 month) Business/Data Analyst @ • Worked with the Business team and the stakeholders on addressing business definitions across organizational boundaries.
• Worked closely with the senior leadership team to accurately segment customers by revenue, healthcare plans, provider information, treatment information, health plan information, and member information.
• Collaborated with key business users to ensure business requirements and report specifications are documented accurately and completely.
• Wrote business requirements & specifications for standard reports.
• Worked with other Business System Analysts and IT Project Managers to support requests for data on projects.
• Supported corporate initiatives/projects that required health plan data.
• Recommended enhancements to reporting models and data warehouse
• Involved in identifying the sources for and aggregated historical Clinical data, performed insightful data analysis, and created analytical reports for management.
• Involved in designing the Test Plan and Test Cases for User Acceptance testing. From February 2007 to February 2008 (1 year 1 month) Chennai Area, IndiaBusiness Analyst @ • Worked with Infosys's IT and business thought-leaders to develop a knowledge management strategy, including presentations and supporting materials.
• Provided agile project management controls, project plans, timeline schedules and review software defects.
• Provided quality control over change requests to ensure proper planning, assessment, and quality of data.
• Queried document repositories to identify production data quality issues and remediation opportunities.
• Implemented the constraints according to the business requirements during transformation processing in SSIS environment and logging out the errors to ensure data consistency and accuracy.
• Conducted comprehensive analysis of existing knowledge repository to identify gaps in knowledge creation and dissemination From 2004 to 2007 (3 years)
MBA, Business Administration @ San Jose State University From 2010 to 2012 B.E., Electronics & Instrumentation @ University of Madras From 2000 to 2004 Gomathy Kannan is skilled in: Requirements Analysis, SDLC, Business Intelligence, Business Analysis, Requirements Gathering, Agile Project Management, Solution Architecture, Project Management, Business Process, Agile Methodologies, Management, User Acceptance Testing, Microsoft SQL Server, Business Process Improvement, Software Project Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension