Director Business Local Services | Product Marketing | Customer Acquisition & Retention Marketing @ AT&T
Chief Marketing Officer @ Century 21Real Estate LLC
Chief Marketing Officer @ Freedom Mortgage
Bachelor of Arts @
University of New Hampshire
Chief Marketing Officer Branding
Award winning senior marketing executive with a track record of delivering first-class marketing programs that revitalize brands, accelerate revenue growth and increase share. With passion and a collaborative leadership style, I design and execute initiatives that span traditional advertising and digital online advertising, SEO/SEM, media planning, brand strategy, PR, social media, email marketing,
Chief Marketing Officer Branding
Award winning senior marketing executive with a track record of delivering first-class marketing programs that revitalize brands, accelerate revenue growth and increase share. With passion and a collaborative leadership style, I design and execute initiatives that span traditional advertising and digital online advertising, SEO/SEM, media planning, brand strategy, PR, social media, email marketing, event management, sponsorship marketing, direct marketing and corporate communications. I combine strategic vision with an ability to drive executional details to deliver measurable results across all KPI's.
Customer Experience, where as Chief Marketing Officer, I led the marketing programs that drove Century 21 brand to #1 in the 2014 JD Power Customer Satisfaction study across all home buyer and seller categories – the first time any real estate company has achieved a #1 ranking in all categories.
Online Digital Brand Dominance, having grown century21.com to become the #1 most-visited real estate franchise website, with over 5M unique visitors monthly, using innovative SEO/SEM, integrated programs, email marketing and web-based lead generation. Also grew luxury site, commercial site and global site to similar results.
Revenue Optimization, where as Senior Vice President of Marketing at JPMorgan Chase I drove increased first mortgage customer retention and home equity line of credit customer activations both by double digit percentages.
You can reach me at [email protected]
Chief Marketing Officer @ From November 2015 to Present (2 months) Chief Marketing Officer | Brand Development | Digital | Data Driven Analytics | Lead Generation @ I oversee all corporate strategic marketing for this highly capitalized specialty finance company, for both business and consumer marketing. Heavy focus on lead generation to optimize lead flow and conversion to drive greater pipeline velocity and impact. From November 2014 to November 2015 (1 year 1 month) Chief Marketing Officer | Brand Leadership | Digital | Social Media | Content Marketing | Lead Gen @ Recruited to refresh the brand and help stem a decline in revenue and share as the market was beginning its historic contraction, I supported the industry’s largest residential real estate sales force of 100,000+ agents dispersed globally across 7,000 offices in 74 countries.
After assessing customers, personnel, resources, competition and the go-to-market model to optimize performance and results, rebuilt the marketing team and refreshed the brand through high-impact multi-platform advertising and promotions, from Super Bowl TV ads, to sponsorship of the U.S. Men & Women’s soccer teams to digital marketing programs and innovative social media marketing campaigns. Developed a portfolio of websites covering multiple property types (i.e., commercial and luxury) and geographies (global).
Impact highlights include:
- Dramatically increased franchisee satisfaction with corporate marketing, a vital KPI.
- Quadrupled online lead generation and increased visitor conversion rates.
- Developed industry-leading volume of digital lead gen programs, while lowering cost per lead.
- Substantively increased media impressions and Facebook and Twitter engagement.
- Named as one of the industry’s “100 Most Influential Leaders” by Inman News for three years. From 2006 to September 2014 (8 years) Senior Vice President – Customer Marketing | Financial Services | B2B | B2C | Direct Marketing @ I was brought in to ramp the first mortgage and home equity business while the company was restructuring operations to capitalize on market growth opportunities. I drove highly targeted marketing initiatives to support all distribution channels, including a 210-person call center, B2B field sales, website, and retail loan officers.
This involved designing and implementing advertising and direct marketing campaigns, customer communications, and new branding strategies. I also managed agents in the call center and transitioned the call center into a proactive, cross-selling, revenue focused channel. I also owned and oversaw all event marketing. Impact highlights included…
- Grew annual call center sales volume of first mortgage loans and home equity line of credit volume by double digit percentages.
- Boosted 1st mortgage market share, representing millions of dollars in revenue.
- Doubled customer refinancing recapture rate with volume included above.
- Drove call center volumes to a record level for 1st mortgages and close to a billion dollars for home equity loans.
- Generated record-breaking increase in home equity line of credit activations. From 2001 to 2006 (5 years) Chief Operating and Marketing Officer | Technology | Start-Up | Acquisition Marketing @ I was brought in to grow this entrepreneurial start-up provider of high speed internet services, capitalizing on the explosive growth of the internet. This entailed recruiting the leadership team, building operational infrastructure, driving sales and marketing, and obtaining angel funding. Impact highlights included…
- Grew revenue into the seven figures.
- Increased number of contracts and customer subscriptions by triple digit percentages.
- Took the company to profitability; positioned it for acquisition by Time Warner at end of 2001. From 2000 to 2001 (1 year) Director Business Local Services | Product Marketing | Customer Acquisition & Retention Marketing @ Based on my prior success in guiding AT&T’s re-entry into the local service market, I was appointed to drive and oversee revenue and profitability of an existing $500M business and integrate TCG, an $11B acquisition.
I led a team of 27, conceived creative market stimulation programs, assessed technology capability vs. geographic coverage, and developed a marketing strategy to optimize market potential. I also equipped national sales with tools and resources to increase revenue. Impact highlights included…
- Grew revenue to the billion dollar mark, and beyond.
- Increased customer penetration significantly. From 1997 to 2000 (3 years) Director Offer Management and Marketing | Direct Marketing | Acquisition & Retention Marketing @ I was promoted to this role to manage a $210M portfolio of local and wireless network services for over 50K business customers nationwide. Leading a team of 200, I defined the business plan and drove product development, as well as executed direct marketing programs. Impact highlights included…
- Exceeded new customer targets.
- Raised retention rate and increased customer acquisitions. From 1995 to 1997 (2 years) Division Manager Marketing Communication | Public Relations | Executive Presentations @ I held multiple roles with AT&T during rapid growth periods, including planning and executing marketing communications nationwide entailing national promotions for LD service (1994-1995). I held other positions of increasing responsibility in account, territory and team leadership (1981-1994). From 1981 to 1995 (14 years)
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Marketing @ The Wharton School – University of Pennsylvania From 1986 to 1988 Bachelor of Arts, Economics @ University of New Hampshire Bev Thorne is skilled in: Lead Generation, Brand Development, Real Estate, Brand Management, Marketing Communications, Corporate Branding, Marketing, Brand Awareness, Strategy, Global Marketing, Corporate Real Estate, Leadership, Sales, Management, B2B