Director, Worldwide Technical Support @ Tableau Software
Global Operations Director, Data Management @ Facebook
VP Operations @ Andela
General management executive with broad cross-functional experience in operations, finance, and marketing. Analytical proficiency honed on Wall Street, leveraged to quickly identify critical business levers, develop operational strategy, and execute on plan to consistently exceed goals. Extensive external and internal partnership background. Experienced motivational leader, with demonstrated success managing global teams of up to 50 people navigate
General management executive with broad cross-functional experience in operations, finance, and marketing. Analytical proficiency honed on Wall Street, leveraged to quickly identify critical business levers, develop operational strategy, and execute on plan to consistently exceed goals. Extensive external and internal partnership background. Experienced motivational leader, with demonstrated success managing global teams of up to 50 people navigate through organizational change.
Head of Technical Operations, Americas Brand & Platform Ad Products @ -Support Google's multi-billion dollar ad business across our suite of brand & platform products, including Doubleclick Campaign Manager (fka Doubleclick For Advertisers - DFA), Doubleclick Rich Media, Doubleclick Bid Manager, YouTube TrueView, Google Display Network, and various 3rd Party Ad Serving formats
-Manage 50-person technical operations team across 12 different global office locations
-Develop and launch new operational workflows leveraging external vendors, migrating team to best-in-class workflow tools, and obtaining needed headcount resources
-Handle 10K+ quarterly sales & client issues, managing within tight SLA's
-Partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders in sales and operations to drive towards 100% internal CSAT scores From October 2014 to Present (1 year 1 month) New York, NYGlobal Head of Advertising Technology, Media Services @ Manage global technical operations team supporting Google’s YouTube and the Google Display Network, representing multi-billion dollars in advertising spend.
• Build high performing team by establishing vision, providing coaching, and managing team performance. Hired , promoted, retained through office closings, and trimmed low performers.
• Provide exceptional customer support for high level technical troubleshooting and escalation management. Through efficient resolution, prioritization efforts and cross functional partnership, CSAT improved from 61%-->90%.
•Scale AdTech and Certifications operations via outsourcing technical troubleshooting, pre-release testing, and QA, yielding a savings of 4 FTEs
• Establish operational rigor through development of KPI dashboard and transformational global processes which has enabled team to monitor performance, resulting in a 72% improvement in Time to First Response and a 37% improvement in Total Resolution Time of client issues
• Selected as Media Technology Solutions (MTS) GoogleGeist Champion, leading global team and executing initiatives to drive employee satisfaction across entire organization From October 2012 to September 2014 (2 years) Greater New York City AreaManager, Product Operations and Escalations Management @ Manage 10-person global services team supporting 14 different platform display products including xFP, DFP, DSM, Mobile and Video.
• Lead second level technical support team, resolving 3k+ annual escalations and 50+ annual product or feature cross-functional commercialization efforts
• Identify, prioritize, and manage execution of top gTech tool needs that are expected to reduce headcount demand by 7.9 FTE, collaborating closely with global services team and engineering
• Direct multiple high-level personnel strategies including re-allocating team resources, planning annual headcount needs, and managing out low-performers
• Develop DFP upgrade pre and post support model in order to establish clear processes that support the broader organizations goal of upgrading top clients from legacy DFP to DFP Premium
• Create and lead cross-functional efforts with global services and sales stakeholders to identify top product needs
• Partner with product and engineering to prioritize and influence product roadmap based on global product input\ From May 2011 to October 2012 (1 year 6 months) New York, New YorkDirector, Co-Brand Card Acquisition @ • Led American Express’ small business acquisition efforts for the two largest retail co-brand partnerships
• Managed team of five direct reports and seven-figure marketing budget
• Launched nationwide employee incentive program leading to a 100% increase in acquisition productivity
• Spearheaded strategic training initiative, including develop customized training, manage training logistics and establish reporting protocol to ensure acquisition goals are accomplished
• Partnered with external retail co-brand partners to launch innovative in-store marketing and promotional customer acquisition strategies to support acquisition bursts From June 2010 to May 2011 (1 year) Senior Manager, Customer Retention @ OPEN Customer Marketing & Engagement - Customer Retention
Partner with external vendor, risk management, product teams, risk and finance to successfully manage OPEN Customer Retention efforts
Control annual budget and responsible for management of vendor with more than 30 call center representatives
Develop and lead strategic initiatives including representative training, call routing, rep incentive structure, and cardmember incentive logic that led to a 70% increase in saved spend and a 67% in operational effectiveness
Successfully migrated and launched new external vendor relationship through cross-functional partnership with marketing, operations, technology, and new external vendor
Lead new process of analyzing statistically significant sample set of calls in order to monitor process defects, product feedback, and rep behavior From March 2008 to June 2010 (2 years 4 months) Senior Manager, Customer Acquisition @ Senior Manager for new card acquisition on the Costco American Express co-brand card product.
• Manage in-store and online Costco co-brand card acquisition that delivers the majority of product results
• Lead the card acquisition strategy and execution of the May 2007 Costco TrueEarnings Business Card product refresh which led to acquisition results 109% above forecast and 161% prior year results.
• Direct a seven-figure marketing budget to develop creative marketing collateral that meets the needs of both internal and external partners
• Collaborate with American Express partners and externally with Costco to develop new card acquisition strategies and insure flawless execution.
• Create robust seven-year acquisition model for two distinct co-brand partnerships, collaborating across finance, risk management, and marketing business units From September 2006 to March 2008 (1 year 7 months) Manager, Global Corporate Card @ Created and presented customized Savings at Work sales pitches to executives at prospects including Cracker Barrel, Office Depot, Outback Steakhouse, and AT&T
Spearheaded ad hoc strategic projects including designing streamlined reporting strategy to 225+ local restaurant partners and leading a 'best practices' meeting for leveraging our relationship with Global Merchant Services
Developed and maintained Savings at Work Flash Report, an analytical tool that succinctly communicated the overall performance of Savings at Work to executive management From August 2005 to September 2006 (1 year 2 months) Marketing Intern @ • Collaborate on various marketing projects with Gevalia brand team, within the $4.6 billion Beverages, Desserts, and Cereals business segment
• Propose pricing, marketing, and product positioning strategies for forthcoming brand extension
• Identify target market based on consumer behavior attributes and purchasing patterns
• Analyze segmented customer lists to determine most efficient use of marketing expenditures based on cost per order and return on advertising metrics From April 2004 to December 2004 (9 months) Director of Promotions @ • Designed and managed promotional initiatives from idea generation and event design to final execution
• Supervised the successful execution of national marketing campaigns and proof-of-performance documentation for brands such as Bubble-Yum, Old Navy, and Rite Aid
• Spearheaded community initiatives utilizing direct marketing, cross-promotional, and grassroots marketing mediums contributing to the first Ravens’ sellout in 6 years
• Managed intern development program including hiring, training, and managing a 7-member promotional staff From February 2003 to July 2003 (6 months) Merchandise & Marketing Intern @ • Produced detailed business plan pinpointing specific revenue-enhancing and cost-cutting measures projected to increase online merchandise cash flow by 100%
• Compiled segmented database of customers based on historical merchandise purchasing patterns
• Designed first targeted electronic direct-marketing campaign, achieving over a 10% response rate
• Launched Brooklyn Cyclones eBay Team Store initiative, generating 7% incremental online merchandise revenue in the first two months of implementation From November 2002 to February 2003 (4 months) Senior Associate @ • Created financial models to determine the economic profitability of potential investments with particular emphasis on analyzing customer acquisition, retention, and life-time value metrics
• Advised portfolio company executives on sales and marketing strategy, competitive positioning, business development, and high level strategic vision
• Led and organized the firm’s associate recruitment and training program From May 2000 to July 2002 (2 years 3 months) Associate, Equity Research @ • Produced proprietary industry and company investment reports, including active research coverage on over 25 companies in the gaming, lodging, and leisure sectors
• Analyzed market trends and competitive positioning of industry constituents utilizing a variety of quantitative and qualitative methodologies
• Managed relationships with senior management teams, clients, and industry trade association members From October 1997 to January 2000 (2 years 4 months) Associate @ Equity Analyst From 1996 to 1997 (1 year)
MBA, Marketing and Management @ Columbia University - Columbia Business School From 2004 to 2005 BA, Psychology @ Binghamton University From 1991 to 1995 Alan Stein is skilled in: Customer Acquisition, Customer Retention, Customer Relations, Forecasting, Channel Management, Partner Management, Marketing Strategy, Analytics, Customer Experience, Strategic Partnerships, P&L Management, Segmentation, CRM, Loyalty Marketing, Digital Marketing, Loyalty Programs, Online Advertising, Relationship Management, Credit Cards, B2B Marketing, Marketing, Cross-functional Team..., Digital Strategy, Customer Engagement, Strategic Planning, Financial Services, Customer Insight, B2B, Business Strategy, Marketing Analytics, Marketing Management, Relationship Marketing, Digital Media, Product Development, Operations Management, Global Operations, Global Management, Online Marketing, Display Advertising, Partnerships, Mobile Advertising, Management, Data Analysis, Team Management, Business Analysis, Business Planning, DoubleClick, Team Building, Outsourcing, Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension