Research Assistant @ Center for Business & Information Technologies
Software Engineer - Identity Services @ Sun Microsystems
Technical Lead - OpenSSO Identity Repository Web Services @ Sun Microsystems, Inc.
BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore
Principal Software Engineer @ Building the next generation SOA services for Walmart.com From October 2012 to Present (3 years 1 month) Sunnyvale, CaliforniaPrincipal Software Engineer @ From April 2007 to October 2012 (5 years 7 months) Foster City, CATechnical Lead - OpenSSO Identity Repository Web Services @ ● Developed Identity repository web services using SOAP/JAX-RPC and implemented
Principal Software Engineer @ Building the next generation SOA services for Walmart.com From October 2012 to Present (3 years 1 month) Sunnyvale, CaliforniaPrincipal Software Engineer @ From April 2007 to October 2012 (5 years 7 months) Foster City, CATechnical Lead - OpenSSO Identity Repository Web Services @ ● Developed Identity repository web services using SOAP/JAX-RPC and implemented datastore agnostic repository layer.
● Member of the Architecture committee; reviewed/provided feedback/guidance to component teams on aspects related to design, implementation and/or problem resolutions.
● Implementing solutions to several top-tier customer deployments, enhancements/resolutions based on customer feedback.
● Responsible for leading, coordinating team members with project specific tasks. From August 2005 to April 2007 (1 year 9 months) Santa Clara, CASenior Software Engineer - Access Manager J2EE Policy Agents @ ● Implemented Cross Domain SSO solution into policy agents based on Liberty 1.1 and SAML.
● Responsible for implementing, adding features to policy agents for WebSphere, Web Logic, Sun Application servers etc.
● Designed and implemented a generic, flexible & customizable, pluggable installer framework.
● Developed SLAMD HTTP clients to evaluate the performance/scalability aspects of policy Agents. From April 2003 to August 2005 (2 years 5 months) Santa Clara, CASoftware Engineer - Identity Services @ ● Implemented event notification listeners with fail over/re-establishment capabilities for monitoring changes to entities in Directory Server.
● Prototyped a Role Based Access Control (RBAC) and Delegation Management system with strict positive authorization scheme to evaluate its deployment feasibility and performance efficiency (Java, XML, LDAP).
● Designed & implemented a caching framework for caching identity entities, incorporating access lists for users & negative caching. Built low level LRU cache with cache usage statistics.
● Design, build Service Configuration & Identity Management API's & call back SPI's for centralized management of Identities and Service configurations in Directory Server
● Analyzed and designed LDAP DIT schema for identity/user entities in Directory Server. From May 2000 to April 2003 (3 years) Santa Clara, CAResearch Assistant @ ● Developed a web database of Textile-Apparel-Retail companies for the state of LA, to provide data on products and services that they offer to serve as a B2B and B2C commerce system that companies could utilize to conduct business using Java, XML, CORBA and Oracle DB.
● Built a simple Supply Chain Management System with online order placement, detailed report generation capabilities for Rutter-Rex Apparel Manufacturing Co, New Orleans using Java and XML with Paradox DB.
● Implemented an optimal and dynamically re-configurable algorithm in C++ using Gaussian distribution to improve the through-put of an Automated Storage/Retrieval Robotic System. From June 1999 to May 2000 (1 year) University of Louisiana at Lafayette, LASoftware Engineer @ ● Development of a framework which automates the collection of Legal data from Vendor, processess it to extract relevant pieces of information and structures them into a specific format -- using C, Flex, Omnimark, shell-scripts on Solaris/Mainframe platforms
● Received a Certificate of Achievement from client LEXIS-NEXIS, US From October 1997 to July 1998 (10 months) Bangalore, India
M. S., Computer Science @ University of Louisiana at Lafayette From 1998 to 2000 B. S., Computer Science @ BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore From 1993 to 1997 Little Flower Junior College From 1991 to 1993 Rarcot
Sr. Arcot is skilled in: JVM+Unix/Linux based..., J2EE, J2EE Web Services, Spring Framework, REST, JAX-WS, JAX-RPC, JMS, XML, JSON, Hibernate, SQL, Oracle, MongoDB, LDAP, Servlets, JSP, Struts, Mobile Applications, Distributed Applications, ActiveMQ, Java Enterprise Edition, Spring, dynaTrace, Agile Methodologies, JAX-RS, Distributed Systems, SOA, SOA Governance, TIBCO, Scalability, Software Development, Java, Design Patterns, Web Services, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, Team Leadership, SOAP, Ant, Web Applications, Tomcat, Enterprise Software, Databases, Maven, JDBC, Weblogic, Git, Eclipse, Object Oriented Design, CVS
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension