Database & Applications Maintenance Manager @ ING Direct UK
A Levels @
Croesyceiliog Comprehensive School
A Senior ITIL qualified IT Database and Applications Manager with more than 14 years’ experience, 10 years in Financial Services and 4 years in a Managed service organisation with assignments in Finance, Telecoms, and Healthcare. A proven track record leading technical teams delivering stable and highly available critical systems in large organisations. Seeking a challenging role in
A Senior ITIL qualified IT Database and Applications Manager with more than 14 years’ experience, 10 years in Financial Services and 4 years in a Managed service organisation with assignments in Finance, Telecoms, and Healthcare. A proven track record leading technical teams delivering stable and highly available critical systems in large organisations. Seeking a challenging role in a fast paced environment where leadership, organisational development and application and database management skills deliver tangible business benefits.
Infrastructure Operations Hosting Manager @ From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Database & Applications Maintenance Manager @ Barclays Bank acquired ING Direct UK for their Savings and Mortgage Customer Accounts in March 2013.
Reporting directly to the UK Head of IT, leading a team of 14 DBA’s and Application Support Engineers responsible for managing end to end the effective support and maintenance of the bank’s core systems, including the Profile core financial banking system, Oracle and SQL Databases and the IBM Websphere/MQ middleware and 3rd party application teams.
• Delivered the full bank migration of 1.5 million ING Direct customers to Barclays core banking platform within agreed project timeframe, cost and quality measures.
• Manage successfully expectations of key business stakeholders within Barclays Direct and Barclays Bank. Actively contributed to technical decision making for the Barclays Direct Migration Project.
• Successfully recruited new members to the different teams to ensure 24/7 coverage of the banks’ critical applications and databases. On board, engage and encourage teams to provide the highest level of support possible. From March 2013 to December 2014 (1 year 10 months) Reading, United KingdomDatabase & Applications Maintenance Manager @ Responsible for managing the effective support and maintenance of the bank’s core systems, including the Profile core financial banking system, Oracle and SQL Databases and the IBM Websphere/MQ middleware and 3rd party application teams.
• Managed the Database and Application Infrastructure Roadmaps for capacity forecasting, performance and high availability across all supported services.
• Managed a £4m annual investment plan delivering business as usual and change projects.
• Planned and managed upgrades from Oracle 9i and 10g to Oracle 11g including implementation of ASM.
• Supported significant proof of concept activity to compare Oracle Exadata alongside Oracle 11g with ASM and EMC VMAX storage technologies.
• Planned and developed complete virtualisation strategy for middleware systems including vertical scaling capability to increase capacity and reduce costs.
• Managed large scale datacentre migration for core banking systems and databases while maintaining full system availability.
• Managed underperformance against job profile, objectives and values according to the Internal Personal Development Process. From November 2011 to March 2013 (1 year 5 months) Reading, United KingdomProfile Team Leader @ Responsible for a team of 3 supporting the Core Financial Banking Application Profile and GT.M Database. Managed delivery of change to improve the day to day running of the bank, led projects through to fruition and created and maintained an engaged highly motivated team to deliver optimum solutions for the Bank.
• Led and supported the largest GTM upgrade since the launch of the bank
• Responsible and accountable for the Risk Management and Change Control of the Core Financial system.
• UK Technical Representative of the Profile Expert Group within ING Direct Worldwide.
• Accountable for the Capacity, availability and performance management of Profile and GT.M Database. From October 2008 to November 2011 (3 years 2 months) Reading, United KingdomProfile Administrator @ Responsible for administering Profile the core banking application and GT.M database which captures and processes real-time customer financial transactions. From August 2004 to September 2008 (4 years 2 months) Reading, United KingdomTechnical Architect @ A Consultant researching new technology and designing resilient IT infrastructure.
•On the JP Morgan Chase Account, designing an Intel environment for a high availability widely used banking application.
•NHS account researching infrastructure and designing an Intel environment for a number of critical, high availability applications for the North West England NHS. From April 2004 to August 2004 (5 months) London, United KingdomUnix System Administrator @ Outsourced from Nortel Networks to CSC From January 2002 to February 2003 (1 year 2 months) Unix System Administrator @ Responsible for the Unix Estate at the R&D Site of Nortel Networks From October 2000 to December 2001 (1 year 3 months)
Bachelor of Science (BSc) HONS Computer Studies, Computer Studies @ University of Brighton From 1996 to 2000 A Levels @ Croesyceiliog Comprehensive School From 1989 to 1996 Zoe Husband is skilled in: Unix, Banking, Databases, Oracle, Requirements Gathering, SQL, Outsourcing, PRINCE2, Solution Architecture, High Availability, Service Improvement, Certified Project Manager, WebSphere Application Server, Team Management, Change Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension