High School Diploma @
John D. O'Bryant School of Mathematics and Science
Proven talent with a professional focus to forecast significant financial growth in the e-commerce startup industry. Verifiable twelve-year track record as an accountant/analyst eager to provide vision and drive change in order to satisfy all business demands. Bridges the gap between the finance and other business groups to ensure that data is gathered, entered and saved in
Proven talent with a professional focus to forecast significant financial growth in the e-commerce startup industry. Verifiable twelve-year track record as an accountant/analyst eager to provide vision and drive change in order to satisfy all business demands. Bridges the gap between the finance and other business groups to ensure that data is gathered, entered and saved in a manner consistent with business and BI needs. Guide business leaders to make sound, efficient decisions through precise KPI reporting. Manager of multiple projects designed to improve overall department productivity under specified deadlines.
Accounting Manager @ • Directed the operations of the accounting department liable for over $100M in lifetime bookings over three-year span, $40M in owner subscriptions, $12M in property manager subscriptions, and $28M in lead sales since inception.
• Collaborated with the Financial Systems to enhance improvements of accounting systems utilized to support the Vacation Rental business and create automated processes.
• Designed blueprint for the accounts receivables migration project to merge $2M in collections balances from multiple platforms into WorkDay.
• Supervised and reviewed the financial statements, commentary and work of two direct reports responsible for the following expense and revenue accounting responsibilities:
o Expense coding for over 300 invoices and six corporate cards per month averaging around $5-8M; reconciliation of six cash accounts with total monthly balances averaging over $50M.
o Revenue recognition with monthly averages of $3M which included $1.5M in booking revenues, $700K in lead generation revenue, $300K in property management subscription and $500K in owner subscription revenue.
• Created the first business metrics data workbook for the FlipKey unit to analyze key data and measure pacing against forecast.
• Introduced and developed the first financial model for bookings, utilized by the Senior Director of Finance for analysis purposes.
• Aided the Sales team on the digital storage of over 1000 signed sales contracts into the Salesforce.
• Negotiated and reduced the interest rate fees applied to transactions produced from the Vacation Home Rentals acquisition; the transition to the Braintree payments processor resulted in 1% interest rate reduction. Company averages $500K in monthly subscriptions.
• Enhanced analytics included on the vacation rental sales report generated from the automated subscription revenue recognition tool.
• Issued 1099 forms to over 14,000 homeowners who collectively earned over $80M in profits employing the TAVR booking model. From January 2013 to July 2015 (2 years 7 months) Greater Boston AreaSenior Accountant @ • Managed and monitored FlipKey’s day-to-day accounting activities prior to TripAdvisor’s buyout.
• Managed one direct full time hire who was responsible for invoice processing and accruals. Also managed two interns and two contractors whom both interns received full time employment at TripAdvisor.
• Oversaw $3M capital injection utilized to grow FlipKey’s business.
• Designed and implemented an exclusive spreadsheet report that maintained a 3% monthly cash burn rate of the $3M injection over a three-year period.
• Forecasted financials with commentary to support a 50% annual revenue growth plan (from $20M in 2012 to $33M in 2013) which resulted to an increase of 10% EBITDA in income.
• Maintained outstanding balances for over 1200 customers with a monthly average total balance of $1.5M.
• Promoted FlipKey’s company culture and values to over 40 new hires in an effort to promote team cohesion and collectively achieve company objectives.
• Computed the valuation of stock-based compensation to FlipKey affiliates eligible for the $88M paid out after TripAdvisor’s buyout.
• Transitioned financial reporting from ‘cash’ to ‘accrual-based’ accounting methodology to enhance business data analytics
• Maintained relationships with credit card merchant processors and tracked settlement flows and chargebacks; managed 6 credit card merchant accounts in excess of $100M in total processed settlements.
• Coordinated with the Trust and Safety teams on chargeback processes by providing document evidence necessary to resolve customer disputes.
• Collaborated with the Engineering and Sales teams to safeguard customer payment information; verified security measures applied to TAVR’s third-party processed transactions complied with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) regulations.
• Satisfied all financial statement requirements per instructions from Deloitte, Ernst & Young, and KPMG upon periodic internal & external audit reviews. From January 2009 to December 2012 (4 years) Staff Accountant @ • Supported cost-per-click (CPC) & cost-per-mille (CPM) revenue recognition, accounts receivables’ collections of display advertising and sales contracts.
• Prepared and preserved accurate monthly invoicing for over 700 customer accounts in accordance with contract terms averaging $3M in total monthly sales; record and reconcile cash activities with monthly balances in excess of $50M.
• Reduced the collections grace period of outstanding daily sales for display advertising invoices by 22% (from 90 to 70 days) upon analysis of accounts receivable data.
• Projected and documented month-end closing point-of-sale (POS) display revenue for management review.
• Completed the invoice records migration from Excel to the upgraded QuickBooks accounting software.
• Collaborated with internal sales and customers for resolution of billing discrepancies. From November 2007 to December 2008 (1 year 2 months) Accountant @ • Reconciled and recorded both e-commerce & in-store revenue of approximately $10K in daily sales into QuickBooks software.
• Prepared revenue and general ledger entries to be reviewed by the Vice President of Finance.
• Supported the Chief Financial Officer with the processing of month-end financial reports.
• Analyzed transaction data that generated purchase orders and replenished inventory. From February 2003 to November 2007 (4 years 10 months)
Bachelor of Science and Business Administration, International Business @ Suffolk University From 2000 to 2006 High School Diploma @ John D. O'Bryant School of Mathematics and Science From 1996 to 2000 Wayne Dang is skilled in: Management, Salesforce.com, Web Analytics, Start-ups, Microsoft Excel, Data Analysis, PeopleSoft, Forecasting, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office, Quickbooks Pro and Enterprise, Workday, MySQL, Credit Card Transaction Processing, Chargebacks