Bachelors in Science, Electrical/Computer Egineering @
University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore
I'm software engineer & back-end developer with more than a decade of development experience. I'm interested in all kinds of smart data-driven applications. My current focus is on design of infrastructure and algorithms for optimizing performance of cross device advertising systems. I also have skills in other fields like analytics platforms, information retrieval / search ranking, machine
I'm software engineer & back-end developer with more than a decade of development experience. I'm interested in all kinds of smart data-driven applications. My current focus is on design of infrastructure and algorithms for optimizing performance of cross device advertising systems. I also have skills in other fields like analytics platforms, information retrieval / search ranking, machine learning, natural language processing, web development and low-latency services.
Software Engineer, Supply Side Intelligence @ Infrastructure and algorithms for supply side intelligence in Amazon ad products. From February 2015 to Present (11 months) Software Engineer/Tech Lead, Ad Relevance @ Chartboost is a mobile ad network focused at mobile game developers.
● Setup an A/B testing system as a part of ad-server and provided a dashboard for analysis/evaluation of running experiments.
● Co-developed a library to load relevance models in ad-server.
● Developed a back end pipeline to aggregate data at various levels to compute relevance models and making it accessible to ad-server.
● Relevance optimization experiments have so far yielded more than 10% lift in eCPM ( effective cost per thousand impressions).
● Same pipeline was used to support Smart Bidding and for Segment Creation/Analysis.
● A hadoop based scalable model training pipeline capable of handling new models and features with minimal coding effort.
● A generic serving component providing a configuration driven framework for running controlled experiments.
● A model evaluation pipeline to analyze relative performance of prediction models.
● Technologies used: Java, Hadoop, Java M/R, Pig, Logistic Regression, Mahout. From November 2012 to January 2014 (1 year 3 months) Software Engineer, Search Analytics @ ● Developed a system for automatically discovering synonyms from product search data and created a process for feeding synonyms to search engine. This feature reduced no result rate and improved recall significantly.
● Developed a data pipeline to merge user behavior logs with catalog data to gather business in-sights into how catalog attributes (e.g. missing image for an item) impact user behavior.
● Built statistical testing framework for search related controlled experiments on Amazon sites.
● Lots of experimental work on application of statistical techniques ( LSI, LDA etc) for language understanding (multi-token phrases and query intent etc).
● Technologies used: Java, Hadoop, Pig, Perl, PHP, MySQL, Latent Dirichlet Allocation (LDA), Latent Semantic Anlaysis (LSI), Freebase, Wordnet. From January 2008 to November 2012 (4 years 11 months) Graduate Summer Intern @ From May 2006 to August 2006 (4 months) Greater Chicago AreaGraduate Summer Intern @ From May 2005 to August 2005 (4 months) Greater Boston AreaGraduate Summer Intern @ From May 2004 to August 2004 (4 months) Greater San Diego Area
PhD, Computer Engineering @ University of Illinois at Chicago From 2002 to 2007 Bachelors in Science, Electrical/Computer Egineering @ University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore From 1998 to 2002 Waseem Ahmad is skilled in: Machine Learning, Hadoop, Information Retrieval, Software Development, Distributed Systems, Algorithms, Data Mining, Scalability, Big Data, MapReduce, C++, Perl, Python, Mobile Devices, Software Engineering, Java
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension