Product Development & Innovation Director - Beverage, Water and Air Treatment Categories @ Whirlpool Corporation
Technology Director - Air Treatment @ Whirlpool Corporation
BS, Physics @
Indiana University Bloomington
Innovative and experienced leader with diverse business management, technology, and product development expertise, focused on a record of driving bottom line performance through emphasis on placing customers at the core of the business model. Direct experience in leading advanced development initiatives and strategy development for top tier institutions within a variety of product categories. Oversee and lead
Innovative and experienced leader with diverse business management, technology, and product development expertise, focused on a record of driving bottom line performance through emphasis on placing customers at the core of the business model. Direct experience in leading advanced development initiatives and strategy development for top tier institutions within a variety of product categories. Oversee and lead key phases of operational planning, technical oversight, human resource management, and assessment of end-user needs while efficiently resolving issues. Serve as a welcome addition to any strategic operations team, with a demonstrated ability to deliver highly critical business objectives within tight schedules and budgets.
• True passion for developing winning products and leading teams that connect technologies, consumer needs, and business strategy to shift paradigms within the marketplace.
• Successfully delivered more than $400,000,000 in incremental revenue through major product launches, utilizing in-depth knowledge of Intellectual Property strategies, VOC best practices, and delivery of differentiated designs.
Product Management • Process Re-engineering and Improvement • Performance Optimization
Product Development • Engineering • Technology Management • Business Strategy • Resource Planning • Vendor Management • Organizational Development • Innovation • Sales Cycle Oversight • Customer Relations • Project Management
Senior Director, Advanced Concepts @ Established and embedded the engine for the innovating system across the enterprise, creating a pipeline of product opportunities for the 2-5 year planning horizon. Established a team of Innovation Leads that are driving the conceptualization process through connection of VOC, emerging technologies, and design. Led foundational process aligning the company to core Innovation Vector platforms. From September 2013 to Present (2 years 2 months) Piscataway, NJProduct Development & Innovation Director - Beverage, Water and Air Treatment Categories @ Developed new pipeline of product opportunities for Air/Water/Beverage global business, driving innovation and technology partnerships to ensure ongoing future success. Integrate regional business cooperation and develop next generation products with OEM affiliates. Review design research and enhance product concepts to deliver on identified strategies.
• Delivered three new technologies to commercial execution in 2012 with a future incremental revenue impact of $200,000,000.
• Successfully developed portfolio of more than 50 unique designs for Air Treatment products, collaborating across multiple levels of corporate management. From June 2010 to September 2013 (3 years 4 months) Benton Harbor, Michigan AreaTechnology Director - Air Treatment @ Successfully studied and delivered on product launches, outlining strategies to secure market share and become top-of-mind products. Focused on development of industry-first "mood lighting" and air freshener scent features launched in Brazil premium Brastemp brand split air conditioner.
• Developed industry-leading window air conditioner designs relaunched within Whirlpool North American product line, earning placement in the Top Three of Consumer Reports ratings. From July 2008 to June 2010 (2 years) Benton Harbor, Michigan AreaDirector, Refrigeration Business & Strategy @ Developed strategies to launch and drive performance of regional product groups, delivering on the global product vision of the refrigeration category. Aligned product strategy and process with the five key product domains.
• Drove the development and execution of the $1,000,000,000 global innovation pipeline to fuel global product plans, and realize $980,000,000 in revenue. From November 2006 to July 2008 (1 year 9 months) Benton Harbor, Michigan AreaSenior Product Development Manager - KitchenAid Portables @ Oversaw all operations and management of most profitable category (Stand Mixers/Hand Mixers), reaching $300,000,000 in net sales. Launched new product colors and models across the product catalog to enhance channel reach and brand differentiation. Launched 30 new colors in 18 months with 120 new models being added.
• Enhanced profitability of Bowl Lift segment 30% through refocus on performance and quality.
• Increased Stand Mixer Accessory and Attachment revenues by 20% through product introduction of 30 new SKUs From August 2002 to November 2006 (4 years 4 months) Benton Harbor, Michigan AreaSenior Product Manager - Internet Home Solutions @ Marketed new products and managed internet-connected appliances efforts, developing hardware and software applications for kitchen-based web tablet that controlled kitchen appliances and home calendaring and email applications. From 2000 to 2002 (2 years) Benton Harbor, Michigan AreaGlobal Technology Engineer - Dishwashers @ Oversaw project development and launch of various innovative items, including high end European dishwasher with LCD display and controls. Additionally, developed breakthrough solution for improved moist air venting from European dishwasher. From 1998 to 2000 (2 years) Benton Harbor, Michigan AreaGlobal Product Development & Innovation - Refrigeration @ Outlined and executed on the global refrigeration architecture rationalization plan, identifying and recommending key innovation opportunities through global competitive analyses and regional trends assessments. Created global catalog of product features and leveraged across multiple regions.
• Established industry-leading In-Door-Ice (IDI) as a key cornerstone for five-year refrigeration strategy - leading to over $100,000,000 in profitability. From 1996 to 1998 (2 years) Benton Harbor, Michigan AreaLead Research Engineer @ Developed new products to enhance profitability and answer real customer needs. Managed consumer research based on a variety of informational connections, including ethnographics, focus groups, shopping behavior, and market pricing.
• Initiated and led the development of the “In-Door-Ice” storage and delivery system, earning two United States patents.
• Developed new refrigerator condenser technology to realize projected $2,000,000 annual savings and capture 2% energy reduction. From 1993 to 1996 (3 years) Benton Harbor, Michigan AreaOptical Engineer @ Led the development of next generation blood glucose meter technologies, including development of an innovative dual-wavelength optical reflectometer technology From 1989 to 1993 (4 years) Elkhart, Indiana AreaStaff Engineer @ Developed advanced cooling systems for mainframe computer electronics, utilizing water and air-based cooling mediums From 1983 to 1989 (6 years) Poughkeepsie, NY
MS, Thermal Sciences Engineering @ Purdue University From 1980 to 1983 BS, Physics @ Indiana University Bloomington From 1976 to 1980 Verne Myers is skilled in: Product Development, Product Management, Refrigeration, Optics, Product Strategy, Market Research, Consumer Insights, Product Innovation, Cross-functional Team..., Technology Development, Beverage..., Medical Devices, Design Management, Customer Insight, Six Sigma, Design for Manufacturing, FMEA, R&D, Product Marketing, Management, Engineering, Project Management, Lean Manufacturing, Innovation Management, Manufacturing, Business Strategy, Segmentation, Leadership, Product Launch, Product Design, Marketing Strategy, Integrated Marketing, Consumer Products, User Experience, Open Innovation, Competitive Analysis, Marketing Research, P&L Management, Strategic Planning, Brand Management, Marketing Management, Market Analysis, Brand Equity, Trade Marketing, Pricing, Consumer Insight, Design Thinking, Innovation Consulting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension