Bachelor's degree @
Florida International University - College of Business
Credit Underwriter @ From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Director of Sales and Marketing @ Initially hired as on site Accountant to target source of concerning financial situation. Upon pinpointing reason for going concern and proving market savvy, assumed position as Director of Marketing. Currently responsible for the introduction and growth of our corporate brands in
Credit Underwriter @ From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Director of Sales and Marketing @ Initially hired as on site Accountant to target source of concerning financial situation. Upon pinpointing reason for going concern and proving market savvy, assumed position as Director of Marketing. Currently responsible for the introduction and growth of our corporate brands in domestic and foreign markets.
• Increase brand awareness
• Conducted a thorough market studies
• Compile and present market research prior to commencing new strategic plan
• Oversee the redesigning, remodeling and launch phases of new locations
• Founded two new Corporate Sales Divisions
• Developed Franchise and Business Licensing Kit
• Negotiated and entered into contractual agreements with municipalities
Oversaw the fiscal management of two high volume restaurants (over $3M Combined) with a combined staff of over 45 employees while creating a marketing plan that has resulted in the opening of two new divisions within the corporation. Responsibilities included reconciling bank statements, preparing and posting month end adjusting journal entries in accordance with current financial standards, presenting monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and sales reports, creating budgets, preparing and timely submitting monthly, quarterly, and annual sales, tourist, payroll and corporate tax returns.
• Acquired 4COP Liquor License
• Continue to serve as consultant in the making of Financial and Investment decisions From October 2010 to Present (5 years 3 months) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaAccountant II @ Performed a variety of accounting functions for a large non-profit home health care organization.
Responsibilities included cash receipts, deposits, bi-weekly payroll, preparing and filing bi-weekly, monthly and annual payroll tax forms, timely posting of all accounting transactions, reconciling monthly bank statements, preparing and posting all journal entries in accordance with current financial standards, preparing, reviewing, and analyzing schedules, reconciling accounts to supporting documentation, researching any account variances, preparing and submitting monthly expenditure reports for each funding source, and preparing interim and annual external audit deliverables pursuant to external auditor requests.
• Appointed Internal Audit Committee Chair by the Board of Directors
• Presented Grant Funding and Expenditure Reports during monthly Board Meetings From January 2007 to October 2008 (1 year 10 months) Production Manager @ Tasked with the planning and execution of special events from start to finish always ensuring exceptional customer satisfaction. Responsibilities included fostering a lasting relationship with clients thru meetings and casual visits, developing working relationships with outside vendors and establishing prices and service agreements to keep event proposal turn around time to a minimum and facilitate putting together individual event budgets, up sell throughout the event planning phase, managing controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals and increase profit margin, coordinating logistics, attending walk-throughs, issuing purchase orders, keeping track of the latest trends in the production industry
• Entered into a contractual agreement with municipalities
• Won District 12 Small Business Grant Funds for 3 consecutive years
• Personal Accounts included: Alonso Morning Foundation, Miami Dade County, The Deering Estate Foundation, Florida International University, University of Miami, Miami Marlins, Univision TV and Univision Radio From October 2004 to January 2007 (2 years 4 months) Accountant @ Managed a team of 3 staff accounts for large precision sheet metal manufacturing firm. Responsible for ensuring an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close, reviewing and analyzing financial statements and reports, preparing budgets, signing off on all accounts payable invoices and approving timely payments, preparing and filing payroll and sales tax forms, preparing schedules and reports for monthly management meeting, reviewing all daily transactions and processing final general ledger posts, reviewing employee time cards and approving final processing of payroll and monitoring department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy. From June 2000 to November 2002 (2 years 6 months)
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) @ University of PhoenixBachelor's degree, Accounting @ Florida International University - College of Business Vanessa Bongiorno is skilled in: Management, Budgets, Finance, Analysis, Payroll, Accounting, Financial Statements, Variance Analysis, Accounts Payable, Sales, Computer Proficiency, Microsoft Office, Strategy, Operations Management, Sports Coaching
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension