Accomplished IT leader with 12 years of experience in driving complex systems integrations, developing robust, high-quality systems that solve business problems for mid-sized to large operations. Excel in architecture and design, applications development, configuration, information solutions, troubleshooting and systems management. Expert in streamlining business processes and significantly increasing productivity levels that maximize technology resources to support business
Accomplished IT leader with 12 years of experience in driving complex systems integrations, developing robust, high-quality systems that solve business problems for mid-sized to large operations. Excel in architecture and design, applications development, configuration, information solutions, troubleshooting and systems management. Expert in streamlining business processes and significantly increasing productivity levels that maximize technology resources to support business objectives.
Specialties: Scalability, Availability, e-Commerce, Payments, Platform, Platform as a Service ( PAAS ) for Cloud, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Technology Leadership, Java, Web Services / APIs, REST, MVC/Spring, Mobile/Web Apps, Engineering management, Distributed Systems, Engineering Organization, Continuous Integration, System Architecture, Scalability, Experimentation, Scrum, Agile.
Application Architect @ • Driving the adoption of a new Web Technology Framework(Sparta) Across the Organization.
• Arbitrate disagreements among engineers and make decisions where needed without damaging relationships. Coach, mentor, and delegate to engineers to facilitate their development.
• Research, analyze, design, propose, and deliver solutions to improve developer productivity.
• Implement enterprise-level system designs and working with one or more development teams to realize product architecture and get it implemented.
• Play a technical leadership and mentoring role in the team.
• Involved in Detail designing and development, testing, documentation of different merchant facing Application.
• Communicate to others on technical standards, principles, methodology and trends.
• Help identify and recruit technical leaders into the organization. From April 2010 to Present (5 years 9 months) San Francisco Bay AreaStaff Software Engineer, Tech Lead, Scrum master- Merchant Technology @ • Acted as the primary engineering interface for the merchant servicing and on-boarding application team to all cross-functional teams.
• Built end-end solutions for PayPal merchant on-boarding, merchant profile management applications. The end-end solution involves building services, web applications and designing database schema.
• Closely worked with the business unit while developing any new feature
• Collaborate effectively with peer application designers and Architecture team to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas and resolve technological disagreement with informed, rational debate.
• I was the domain technical lead for merchant servicing and on-boarding domain where I was responsible for overall technical stewardship for my domains by leading technical design and development.
• Acted as product owner for the technology projects.
• Provided technical leadership on feature development, troubleshooting and resolution of issues.
• Key contributor to performance evaluation & management of scrum team members.
• Ensured that agile practices are consistently followed & products are delivered per customer expectations in a timely manner. From April 2008 to March 2010 (2 years) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Software Engineer, Merchant Experience @ • Re-architecture and migration of legacy XPT based web stack to a scalable application platform. The new platform includes Struts MVC framework, Hibernate ORM layer, Custom Content Localization and Validation frameworks.
• Developed Consumer Registration Web Application, Customer Support Web application from scratch.
• Developed custom ORM layer to support high throughput, multiple database integrations, connection pooling, custom analytics.
• Involved in our latest payment product line, Payments Pro (and Virtual Terminal) and implemented all the required user interfaces using J2EE technology and also integrated with the legacy system . From October 2006 to February 2008 (1 year 5 months) San Francisco Bay AreaTechnical specialist @ • Worked as a Technical Specialist in Software Engineering and Technology Labs (SET Labs) the research wing of Infosys Technologies Ltd.
• Involved in high level designing and creating POC’s for different technologies like Spring Framework Hibernate 3.0,Ibatis etc .
• Involved in Detail designing and development ,testing ,documentation of the Framework.
• Involved in training session to the project people about different technology and the Radien Framework.
• Developed dynamic online form for entering student information using JSP and Servlets.
• Implemented persistence layer using Hibernate Framework. From June 2003 to September 2006 (3 years 4 months) Software Engineer @ From March 2003 to June 2003 (4 months)
Utpal Paul is skilled in: Agile Methodologies, Spring, Java Enterprise Edition, Hibernate, Struts, XML, SQL, Weblogic, SOA, Web Services, Java, Scrum, Distributed Systems, JSP, Web Applications
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension