Possesses the business acumen for business development, the strategic planning of global projects which allow benefits realization to be achieved and improve service delivery through the implementation of operational and technology solutions. A champion for driving business growth through the effective use of technology and able to deliver results in complex and rapidly evolving environments. Comfortable with
Possesses the business acumen for business development, the strategic planning of global projects which allow benefits realization to be achieved and improve service delivery through the implementation of operational and technology solutions. A champion for driving business growth through the effective use of technology and able to deliver results in complex and rapidly evolving environments. Comfortable with the challenges and opportunities of both startup companies and established innovative minded team. Skilled communicator with the ability to explain issues to non-technical and technical audiences.
Executive Director Customer Integration Telehealth Services @ •Provide the daily management drive and oversight to meet the management goals established by the executive leadership team.
•Possess a detailed understanding of Mercy’s Virtual Care strategy and chosen Business model which enables a clear communication with clients, internal teams and third-party vendors. Ensures a coordinated customer relationship focus approach to product and service offerings
•Continually evaluate the position in the marketplace and how day to day choice can support or derail cycles
•Keep co-workers on plan to meet their commitments
•Collaborate with enterprise Mercy leadership to identify, define and implement Telehealth projects within the various regions including the evaluation of community need, development of timelines and implementation strategy. Work with regional leaders for evaluation of a Telehealth program consistent with regional system strategies.
•Accountable for developing and managing multi-phased program deliverables such as project plans, responsibility matrix, communication plans, financials and coordination of enterprise workgroup meetings
•Business savvy, proven by the ability to exemplify a positive role within the enterprise team as well as being professionally responsive to each member of the company, regardless of position. From March 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) Executive Director of Business Partnerships @ Executive Director – Business Partnerships, Mercy Technology Services 1/2012-present
• Comprehensive Telemedicine multi-year strategic roadmap. Working with physician leadership responsible for resource planning, budget and expense management, process redesign and information technology requirements for approximately 72 projects annually, across 4 states, 30 hospitals and 800 plus clinics.
• Key leadership role for the startup of new telemedicine business segment delivering onsite direct medical care to academic facilities. Provide first line implementation strategy and operational support to roll out of the program to the Roosevelt Clinic establishing the blueprint for all future academic clinics. Effort including resolving critical issues impacting care delivery such as multi-language barriers through the implementation of innovative voice interpretation technology.
• Developed and direct Telemedicine IT program strategy blueprint and manage tactical execution of program including the conversion from project based activity to daily business operations of new business segments. Initiated and developed vendor partner relationships to address complex telemedicine healthcare delivery issues. The effort resulted in establishing a new line of revenue for Mercy and improved patient outcomes.
• Developed and execute enterprise Account Management Program strategy that has turned around critical customer accounts to trusted partner relationships. Created a high performing team to assist business customers with their strategic planning, budget planning, project planning, and daily operational support. Responsible for creating and managing annual customer service line technology plans for over 51 service lines. From October 2012 to Present (3 years 3 months) Director @ Reporting directly to the CIO, responsible for leading the technology activities related to the divesture of a key business entity. Responsibilities included managing cross-functional teams with representatives from the aquiring company to ensure the smooth sale and transition to new owners. Recognized for excellence in leadership.
•Appointed to turn around a team in crisis, within the first 30 days, restructured team and reduced head count by approximately 9 FTE’s while increasing patient satisfaction scores and reducing Tier 1/Tier 2 tickets. Within 60 days operationalized Tier 1 system support and implemented a Quality Center of Excellence with a strong focus on quality control.
•Assumed responsibility as customer relationship manager for Mercy East Community which consists of 2 hospitals and 112 Clinics. Established an Information Technology Operations Committee (ITOC) for the community ensuring physicians, clinicians, and hospital operations teams have a clear voice in technology initiatives. Deliverables included providing operational metrics to drive decisions and improve operational quality. Manager for top priority corporate initiative to reduce operating costs by $65million within 5yrs, across multi-state organization. Program consists of providing guidance and oversight to 12 key programs, consisting of 24 project managers, aimed at redesigning business process flows to reduce/eliminate/drive efficiency of operations. Critical activities include providing senior management with program metrics, troubleshoot program issues providing alternatives that drive forward progress of organizational and operational change and act as catalyst for issues resolution as part of technology leadership team, developed Playbook that is used as a technology work plan template for the assimilation all acquisitions. •Winner of the 2011 Mercy Charism Award, awarded for excellence in Service. The only candidate nominated by their entire team. From April 2009 to June 2012 (3 years 3 months) Quality Manager @ · Quality Project Manager brought in to turn around a 7 year $100million plus failing Claims Processing Redesign Project; project went live 18 months after joining team. Responsibilities included managing cross-functional team consisting of 24 technical, functional and business user to re-state project goals, requirements, and operational flows; development and execution of quality program to ensure accurate project and budget planning, multi-site user acceptance testing, and improve user adoption rates through thorough vetting and implementation of business process redesign efforts. proper clean up and conversion of critical data, and ensure compliance to regulatory requirements.
· Responsible for the creation of the Information Technology division’s Quality Operations Manual to complement existing Enterprise Project Office (EPO) project methodology; primary focus on Quality Assurance methodology including implementation of standards, templates by project size ; established standards for program/project audits to ensure adherence to standards.
· Responsible for performing process and deliverable audits for IT organization to ensure program/project standards are consistently followed; results are used to measure maturity of daily operations, recommendations for improvements are provided to senior management along with plan for executing recommendations.
· Accountable for all facets of quality within the project lifecycle and applying quality management concepts to establish project plans, QM plans, schedules, scope documents, BPE, requirements traceability, work breakdown structures, risk plans, issue management, quality assurance plans, team leadership, stakeholder management, and project controls as an oversight body. Responsible for the training of IT employees in all facets of Quality Management. From 2007 to 2009 (2 years) Principal @ · Responsible for the creation and operation of the Quality Management Center of Excellence for Technical Services at Crown Partners. Primary focus on implementation of industry best practices for SDLC quality assurance. Responsibilities include hiring and mentoring business analysts and quality assurance team members, establishment and training of Quality Management Methodology including implementation of standards, templates by project lifecycle deliverables, creation of Traceability Matrix, business process redesign, performed audits of compliance to standards and oversee quality compliance for all custom solution projects as well as product development teams From January 2006 to April 2007 (1 year 4 months) Quality Assurance Manager @ · Established, lead and mentored a new QA team consisting of QA analysts, automated and manual testers and business analysts.
· Established vision and managed development of Project Management and Quality Assurance Methodology for software solution delivery; established audit matrix to ensure all guidelines and standards are consistently followed for all projects
· Developed and implemented newly formed QA group in company of 20+ years without a formalized approach. From September 2003 to January 2006 (2 years 5 months) QA Manager @ From June 2002 to September 2003 (1 year 4 months) Senior Quality Project Manager @ From March 2001 to June 2002 (1 year 4 months) Senior QA Analyst/Project Lead @ From May 2000 to March 2001 (11 months)
GCIM, Information Technology @ Washington University in St. Louis From 2011 to 2012 PMP Certification, Project Management @ Project Management Instititute From 2009 to 2009 Masters, Health Care Management @ Lindenwood University From 1996 to 1998 BSBA, Finance @ University of Missouri-Saint Louis From 1982 to 1986 Tonia Burke is skilled in: Process Improvement, Program Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Business Analysis, Visio, Business Process, Leadership, Project Management, Strategy, MS Project, Management, Quality Assurance, Agile Methodologies, Healthcare, CRM
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension