Associate Regional Manager of Business Development / Senior Marketing Executive @ LabCorp
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), Marketing, 3.2/4.0 @
Florida Institute of Technology
Top producing sales leader with over 15 years of award winning experience in medical sales and sales management. This is grounded by a strong medical education and coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit. I have the proven ability to inspire sales teams, even in times of market downturn, to exceed company goals and increase market share. In support
Top producing sales leader with over 15 years of award winning experience in medical sales and sales management. This is grounded by a strong medical education and coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit. I have the proven ability to inspire sales teams, even in times of market downturn, to exceed company goals and increase market share. In support of my team I provide “air cover” by facilitating the large healthcare system contracts and development of key opinion leaders.
My leadership and coaching is based on Situational Leadership, Strength Based Leadership and Succession Planning. Continuous support and guidance is provided specific to the needs of each team member to ensure growth in sales acumen, business development, and proper execution of the sales strategy. Teams under my supervision have consistently outperform their peers, have high retention rates and have more individuals promoted into roles with increasing responsibilities.
I am known for working cross-collaboratively with other departments and industry partners to ensure all resources are used to support the sale efforts. My education and training in the medical field give me an excellent understanding of scientific information and the ability to communicate complex knowledge regarding product and disease states across a broad spectrum of professional levels.
I invite you to connect with me!
Professional Expertise Includes:
• Strategic Planning & Tactical Execution
• Developing Top Performing Sales Teams
• Turning Around Underperforming Areas
• Exceeding Corporate Goals
• Instituting Solution Selling Models
• Large Account Management
• Product Launch & Expansion
• Team Leadership and Training
• Clinical/Technical Acumen
• Capital Equipment, Diagnostics, Clinical Research Sales
• Professional Partnerships
• Contract Negotiations
• KOL Management
Regional Sales Manager @ CardioDx, is a molecular diagnostics company specializing in cardiovascular genomics, strategically focused on coronary artery disease, fusing expertise in genomics, biostatistics, and both cardiology and primary care medicine to develop objective, reproducible tests that provide clinicians with information to enhance patient care.
Directed sales efforts in a newly expanded area of AZ, TX and OK by managing a team of 9 Genomic Sales Specialists selling to physicians in hospitals and clinics. Developed sales skills, product knowledge and encouraged teamwork and territory management to aid each salesperson to exceed sales goals in alignment with corporate initiatives. Established relationships with strategic integrated delivery network (IDN) and ACO leadership teams and physicians and collaborated with internal teams to ensure mutually beneficial laboratory service agreements, market share growth and increased revenue.
• Grew regional percentage to plan from 75% prior to employment to 95% during role with 7 (of 9) newly hired personnel and new geography for the company.
• Secured the partnership with Baylor College of Medicine and Catholic Healthcare Initiatives (CHI) during role through pricing negotiations that resulted in 145% growth for the territory.
• Designed and implemented a solution selling model (SPIN®) during role that aided sales personnel in providing solutions to real-life situations and ensured physician compliance to the procedure.
• Built a strong team during role through leadership in an area with high turnover to become the highest retention rate of any region in the company. From August 2014 to June 2015 (11 months) Regional Sales Manager / Cardiovascular Consultant @ Regional Sales Manager (1.9 years): Promoted to manage and coach a team of 6-10 Cardiovascular Consultants throughout the designated territory selling proprietary cardiovascular lab testing • Responsible for managing staffing, training, and conducting performance evaluations • Establish, improve and expand relationships with existing laboratory and hospital / ACO partners resulting in large system distribution of testing • Prepare SWOT analysis of territories with team to prioritize resources and improve pipeline management • Maintain market awareness and prepare competitive updates
• 2013 President’s Club - Region of the Year (1 out of 7)
• Implementation of testing into JCL ACO Wellness Program
• 2013 Top region for full-service lab growth at 112% (LabCorp, CPL, Sonora Quest)
CardioVascular Consultant: Manage all NMR Lipoprofile testing business in Arizona territory including accounts ranging from physician level to institutional based • Major responsibilities include: meeting and exceeding territory specimen volume objectives by educating HCP’s and implementing testing through new business prospecting, networking and other lead generation tools • Holding science based discussions for health care professionals regarding product’s value proposition and bending the cost curve • Use of total office call to ensure proper implementation of testing within offices and hospital systems • Establish relationships and collaborate with industry partners (Sonora Quest, LabCorp, Mayo, Cleveland Heart Lab) to expand reach and grow business • KOL development
• 2012 Promoted to Field Sales Trainer
• 2012 Elected to the Commercial Advisor Board
• 2012 Q2 Sales Ranking - #6 out of 45
• 2011 Sales Ranking - #5 out of 46
• 2011 3rd Quarter Lipid Cascade Sales Contest Winner
• 2011 Elected to the Sales Advisory Board
• 2010 Presidents Club Sales Person of the Year #1 out of 44
• 2009 4th Quarter Sales Person of the Quarter. From October 2009 to August 2014 (4 years 11 months) Associate Regional Manager of Business Development / Senior Marketing Executive @ ARMBD (1.5 years)- Promoted into hybrid position combining Management with Sales - includes all of the responsibilities of a Senior Marketing Executive as well as regional management responsibilities over 4 direct reports • Leading, coaching, and training the clinical sales and service force to ensure acquisition of new business as well as organic growth from existing clientele • Development and implementation of regional sales and marketing strategies • Daily regional sales analytics to identify threats and opportunities • Completion of weekly, monthly and quarterly regional sales reports and business plans
Achievements and Awards:
• 2009 Region at 105%
• 2008 Region at 103.5% (Las Vegas worst economic recession in the nation)
• 2008 Elected Endocrine Champion of the West Division
SME: (4.5 years) Educated, instructed, and converted all assigned and newly generated medical practices from competitive labs to LabCorp enabling the company to maximize and maintain the volume of business. Developed strategic relationships with influential physicians within the Las Vegas market to promote LabCorp from within the medical community. Provided continual service and problem solving to customer base. Mentored new Senior Marketing Executives and Key Account Managers in region.
Achievements and Awards:
• 2007 Southwest Region Salesperson of the year
• 2006 GEM Club (President’s Club) recipient 12/242
• 2005 GEM Club (President’s Club) recipient 14/234
• 2004 GEM Club (President’s Club) recipient 7/223 From August 2003 to September 2009 (6 years 2 months) Las Vegas, Nevada AreaConsultant Sales-Capital Equipment @ Sold medical diagnostic equipment into the Family Practice, Pediatric, Internal Medicine and Endocrinology markets. Products predominantly sold included DEXA, nerve conduction, and cardiovascular equipment. Responsible for the entire sales process: prospecting, initial presentation with key decision makers, closing, installation, training, and follow up.
• 142% to plan at end of tenure.
• 2003 Recognized Norland DEXA table ranking #4 out of 112 through Q3 From November 2002 to August 2003 (10 months) Las Vegas, Nevada AreaPresident / Director of Sales @ Launched business to recruit private practice physicians as principle investigators and sub-investigators for clinical research trials. Established relationships with pharmaceutical, biotechnology (biotech) and medical device companies to secure research contracts as the liaison between the physician and the partner company.
• Gained revenues of over $1.8M in 2nd year of business through 34 clinical research studies.
• Developed and led a team of what became 4 Research Team Coordinators and 2 Marketing personnel during role to coordinate and promote the program and exceed revenue projections.
• Secured positive feedback from FDA audit during role. From January 2000 to September 2002 (2 years 9 months) Las Vegas, Nevada Area
Exercise Physiology Masters Degree Program, Kinesiology and Exercise Science, 3.8/4.0 @ University of Nevada-Las Vegas From 1998 to 1999 Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), Marketing, 3.2/4.0 @ Florida Institute of TechnologyEmergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic), 4.0 / 4.0 @ University Medical Center - Las Vegas, NV Tom Leggett is skilled in: Medical Devices, Sales Operations, Product Launch, Sales, Cardiology, Sales Management, Diabetes, Endocrinology, Capital Equipment, Managed Care, Account Management, New Business Development, Sales Presentations, Sales Force Development, Salesforce.com
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension