Accomplished senior strategic leader with over 15 years’ hands-on experience in directing HR and business operations in fast-paced environments of diverse industries; focused on enhancing quality of HR service delivery through providing leadership (coaching) as well as enabling organisational design and architecture, change management and process mapping for premium clients with global operations in Europe, Asia, North
Accomplished senior strategic leader with over 15 years’ hands-on experience in directing HR and business operations in fast-paced environments of diverse industries; focused on enhancing quality of HR service delivery through providing leadership (coaching) as well as enabling organisational design and architecture, change management and process mapping for premium clients with global operations in Europe, Asia, North and South America. Impressive record of streamlining operations while applying overall human resources expertise to enable accomplishment of strategic organisational goals. A proactive change agent who spends time in employees’ environment encouraging their accountability and an excellent team builder.
A natural communicator and an effective negotiator bringing about consistency of HR with business strategies. Expertise in leading and directing teams, talent management and establishing and designing all succession plans for first and second line of the company, linking internal turnover.
Strong educational background with a Master’s Degree in Psychology and a Postgraduate Master in ‘PNL’ – Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
RECENT KEY ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Gained new business start-ups and business process reengineering experience by successfully setting up a R&D center dedicated to Premium vehicles (Maserati and new Alfa Romeo) and engines through effective recruitment and hiring development process, talent identification from competitors, implementation of new compensation policy and retention plan to attract and retain talents.
• Effectively defined talent management process to manage the talents of the group and designed their development plan.
HR Director @ • Global lead of the HR function by managing a team of 13 members; responsible for driving the organisation’s business growth in a short span of 3 years, by changing the work culture and steering improvement from managerial prospective.
• Strategic Direction, Budgeting and Financial Planning: Immense exposure in providing vision and strategic direction on several business aspects including HR, finance and sales, further enabling organisations in successfully establishing organisational needs at global level while designing people business plan aimed at business and workforce expansion for Maserati. Proven track record of analysing, developing and implementing budget for HR Maserati WW for the launch of 3 new models in the market.
• Competency Mapping: identified individuals’ strengths and weaknesses to enable a better understanding of their own efficacy and accordingly direct career development efforts.
• HR Alignment with Business Strategy: identified opportunities to steer continuous improvement in service delivery while aligning processes with business strategy and implementing HR initiatives of attracting and mobilising talent, enhancing performance capability, building effective leadership, providing coherence and ensuring good governance for creating a healthy and successful organisation.
• Learning and Organisational Development – enabled organisational development programmes and talent management initiatives, including performance management process, on-boarding for new employees and leaders post-promotion, high potential identification and development, career ladder development, training needs analysis as well as implementation of training catalogue; remaining flexible to needs of different professional families and as per organisation’s core values and culture platform. Championed the development of workforce through effective talent acquisition, further supporting growth of business from 5,000 to 50,000 cars. From May 2013 to Present (2 years 8 months) HR BUSINESS PARTNER COMAU PWT WW @ • Handled HR function for 1,200 employees in Italy, France, US, China and South America.
• Accountable for HR management of staff/sales and marketing/HR/finance/engineering; management of the manufacturing plant only in China.
• Enabled implementation of HR plans and programmes related to organisational design, development and change.
• Developed and executed structures and strategies to enhance individual and organisational performance.
• Provided requisite advice and counselling to managers in resolving employee relations issues.
• Educated clients on appropriate application of relevant compensation philosophy, initiatives, strategies, alternatives and potential impact on the business.
• Facilitated group and one-on-one coaching with managers and employees on diverse human capital issues.
• Instrumental in the project focused on worldwide integration and development of new markets. From March 2010 to April 2013 (3 years 2 months) Turin Area, ItalyHR Manager COMAU Worldwide Engineering Function @ • Assumed global HR role for a 7,000 employee population.
• Oversaw design and implementation of a global job architecture including competency map, performance management, career and succession plans.
• Effectively led training function for 10,000 employees as worldwide training lead; developed global training initiatives for employees/middle managers and top managers.
• On a temporary assignment to Shanghai, China, for a period of 10 months, steered HR change activities for 500 employees in China as well as managed large scale organisational change. From April 2008 to February 2010 (1 year 11 months) Turin Area, ItalyTraining & HR Manager @ • HR Manager Business Unit Motorbike, since Sep 2007.
Based in Milan, managed HR function for 300 employees across Italy, US and Spain.
Directed implementation and coordination of Group policies.
Accountable for managing recruitment, training, employee and labour relations, talent management, compensation and benefits.
• HR Manager for Start-up Plant in Rumania, Jan 2007 – Aug 2007.
During start-up operations of the plant in Slatina (Bucharest), effectively contributed to the strategic direction and formulation of corporate-wide HR policies, procedures, systems and initiatives.
Played a pivotal role in increasing plant workforce from 80 to 300 employees.
Responsible for development, maintenance and continuous improvement of processes and measurement practices.
Played a focal role in the start-up of the tyre plant wherein conducted appropriate market analysis (labour cost, transportation, suppliers, supply chain costs, search for raw materials, personnel).
Efficiently executed recruitment process as well as trained personnel (minimum staff of 80) on products and processes; with the help of local HR, defined work objectives, designed organisational structure and compensation system as well as collaborated with universities to select graduates (final year engineering) for contract proposals and hired first expatriates.
At 8 months post start-up, worked with 200 blue collars, established management team with local and expats people and HR team with 5 people; implemented processes and systems with production starting with margin of 15%.
• Manager for Worldwide Training and Development of Group Companies, Apr 2006 – Dec 2006.
Steered development, delivery and administration of all learning programmes at global level.
Led cultural development strategy for each site while building upon the existing LC culture and critical organisational behaviours.
Enabled employee coaching within the site to improve knowledge and skills consistent with the expected cultural change. From April 2006 to April 2008 (2 years 1 month) Milan Area, ItalyManufacturing Plant HR @ • Manufacturing Plant HR in Florence (150 People), since March 2005.
Actively supported larger HR initiatives by ensuring continuity and successful delivery of functional services in manufacturing area.
• Training and Development Manager, Feb 2004 – Mar 2005.
Effectively oversaw design and delivery of training initiatives in areas of conflict resolution, facilitation, team-building/teamwork, outdoor training, problem-solving, risk taking, change management, coaching, human resources management and leadership, for a group of 1,000 employees. From February 2004 to February 2006 (2 years 1 month) Florence Area, ItalyOD and Training Manager @ Administered training/development as part of a reorganisation project at the Pomigliano d’Arco plant, as well as HR management of blue collar employees section (short-term contracts). From September 2003 to February 2004 (6 months) Naples Area, ItalyHR & Training Specialist @ From 1999 to 2002 (3 years)
coaching certificate @ Coaching International From 2008 to 2010 master @ PNL META MILANO From 2000 to 2002 Psychology of Working and Organization @ Università degli Studi di Torino From 1995 to 1999 Tiziana Zancan is skilled in: Change Management, Coaching, Internal Communications, Human Resources, Coaching Staff, Personnel Management, Six Sigma, International Management, Training, Recruiting, Organizational Development, Talent Management, Automotive, Team Management, Leadership
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension