Senior Software Engineer @ I currently am part of the indexing system for all of google's structured information used in the Knowledge Graph. Our system is a real-time data indexing pipeline that is used to power google search. From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Software Engineer @ I was the technical lead primarily responsible
Senior Software Engineer @ I currently am part of the indexing system for all of google's structured information used in the Knowledge Graph. Our system is a real-time data indexing pipeline that is used to power google search. From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Software Engineer @ I was the technical lead primarily responsible for detecting and stopping payment fraud in Google's non-ads products (play, p2p, etc.). The infrastructure we built aggregated features to be used by our machine learning models. These models were used to detect and stop a wide array of fraudlent activity, including, credit card theft and account take over. From August 2010 to July 2014 (4 years) Research Assistant @ • Developed the ShelfScanner system, designed to assist the blind in shopping at a grocery store through the use of Optical Flow for image alignment, SURF Descriptors, and a non parametric density estimator.
• Created entire program using C++ using OpenCV for the primary computer vision algorithms. From September 2009 to May 2010 (9 months) Software Engineer Intern @ -Designed and implemented a java API which is used by most of the fraud detection team's systems and tools to retrieve and perform actions on large volumes of AdWords customer data. Designed to be robust enough to cover the entire team’s needs, and fault tolerant to handle large numbers of requests. related customers using features of the customers.
-Built out a tool for internal users which calculates the most Constructed the data aggregation as well as the user interface for the application. From June 2009 to September 2009 (4 months) Teaching Assistant @ • Worked closely with the lecturer in teaching the Software Engineering course to students. My primary duties entailed to designing lab assignments, grading quizzes, and managing students working on the quarter long project.
• Acted as a customer, manager, and tutor for students’ quarter long project designed to teach the principles of Software
Engineering through hands on experience with a customer in a large group of programmers. From September 2008 to May 2009 (9 months) Software Engineer Intern @ -Worked with Google’s fraud detection team to create applications which operation specialists use to investigate and
prevent potentially fraudulent transactions occurring on Google systems.
-Built a program that uses AJAX and proprietary java architecture to present large sets of customer data efficiently.
-Worked closely with the customers to generate requirements, documentation, and mocks to best meet their needs. From May 2008 to August 2008 (4 months) Computer Engineering Tutor @ • Tutored students in the Random Signals and Systems Analysis classes with homework and study skills.
• Assisted other tutors with students needing help in computer science, computer engineering, math, and physics classes From January 2008 to May 2008 (5 months) ICS Intern @ • Designed an application, including all documentation, for managing sensitive medical information. Using My Faces and AJAX on a J2EE platform the program presents large sets of editable data to medical schedulers, and creates reports for submission to DoE.
• Built architecture for non technical medical staff to create dynamic web based medical forms for use on LLNL employees. From May 2007 to November 2007 (7 months) Research Assistant @ • Expanded existing expanded existing C++ Open GL VR environment to include new graphical models and test cases. The application runs on 3 projectors and creates a 150 degree immersive experience; new test cases expand navigation research.
• Performed research on navigation in a VR environment through administering the VR tests and compiling data for a technical paper. From January 2007 to May 2007 (5 months) Computer Engineering Tutor @ • Tutored students in the Random Signals and Systems Analysis classes with homework and study skills.
• Assisted other tutors with students needing help in computer science, computer engineering, math, and physics classes From January 2007 to May 2007 (5 months) Computer Programmer Intern @ • Practiced software engineering through designing and building entire J2EE E911 number management system. Used JSF to create front end that allowed company networking staff to view and re-rout telephone numbers within the oracle systems.
• Worked in a large team to create a web-based phone number ordering system using Macromedia ColdFusion and Java. From January 2006 to May 2006 (5 months)
MS, Computer Science @ University of California, San Diego From 2008 to 2010 BS, Computer Science and Computer Engineering @ University of the Pacific From 2003 to 2008 Tess Winlock is skilled in: Java, C++, Python, Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Algorithms, Computer Science, C, Linux, Programming
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension