Master of Business Administration (MBA), Strategic Management, 3.3/4.0 @
The University of Chicago - Booth School of Business
Offer value-adding strategic solutions in challenging business environment at national/global level. Solid engagement and management experience with Fortune 500 and multi-billion dollar MNCs. Operational focus in strategic execution with proven track record in enhancing performance, effect change, profitability and growth in healthcare, B2B and B2C space. An energetic, innovative, results-driven, and multi-lingual professional with a broad experience
Offer value-adding strategic solutions in challenging business environment at national/global level. Solid engagement and management experience with Fortune 500 and multi-billion dollar MNCs. Operational focus in strategic execution with proven track record in enhancing performance, effect change, profitability and growth in healthcare, B2B and B2C space. An energetic, innovative, results-driven, and multi-lingual professional with a broad experience base championing initiatives in strategic planning, market development and business analysis in digital, emerging technology and applications including e- and m-commerce. Specialties include:
1 | Insights
- Business Intelligence
- Marketing and Sales
- Pricing and Contracts
- Product Lifecycle Management
2 | Performance
- Metrics Design & Development
- M&A and Business Integration
- Predictive Modeling
- Target Operating Model
3 | Analytics & Effectiveness
- Business Process Management
- Revenue Cycle
- Profitability & Optimization
- Sales Transformation
4 | Digital Asset Management
- Web Analytics
- ECM, WCM, MDM
- CRM Implementation
- UX Measurement
Vice President, Contracts and Pricing @ Walgreens (WAG) is the largest pharmaceutical retailing chain in the US with $72B of annual revenue. As a Fortune 37 (2013), the company provides access to CPG/FMCG, pharmacies, infusion and wellness services. Walgreens operates over 8,200 stores and ecommerce platforms such as Beauty.com, Drugstore.com, and VisionDirect.com. More recently, Walgreens and Alliance Boots merged to create the first global Pharmacy-Led, Health and Wellbeing (PHW) enterprise.
- Oversee PHW's go-to-market strategy to sustain profitable access and growth as well as maximizing shareholder value. Champion, orchestrate and execute on managed care payers/PBMs strategies, and National Accounts level pricing to parallel corporate objectives. From 2014 to Present (1 year) Engagement Lead, Management Consulting @ As a Big Four with a global presence, KPMG is one of the largest worldwide professional services firms with over $25B in revenue (2014), employing over 145,000 professionals and has three lines of services: Advisory, Audit, and Tax. KPMG was named one of “100 Best Companies to Work For” in Fortune Magazine’s list from 2007 to present. KPMG delivers a globally consistent set of multidisciplinary services based on deep industry knowledge and provides insights, expertise and resources required to address clients' challenges and opportunities.
Engaged in business strategy planning, process improvement, change management, operations effectiveness and analytics for major clients include Wal-Mart (Fortune 1), Samsung (Fortune 22), Johnson & Johnson (Fortune 40), PepsiCo (Fortune 43), Abbott (Fortune 69), Bristol Myers Squibb (Fortune 131), Baxter (Fortune 195), Seagate (Fortune 256), Mylan Pharmaceuticals (Fortune 374), BCBS/HCSC, City of Chicago, and more. Scope of work include:
- Developed a performance based CRM strategy to manage a leading biosciences company’s multichannel campaigns, agency/ vendor management, and MSAs/SLAs rationalization process.
- Designed and supported the deployment of strategic plans, business cases, analytics and roadmaps for a leading healthcare company to optimize their business operations.
- Developed M&A strategy, project plans and systems analysis to ensure seamless global execution for integration readiness of two technology leaders.
- Led change management, process transformation and redesigned governance models of a leading biopharmaceuticals company’s marketing content management, CRM, quality management, and digital asset management (DAM).
- Conducted technology assessments, ROI/ ROMI, agency effectiveness and business intelligence capabilities for a leading CPG company's book of business.
- Championed City of Chicago transformative initiatives such as 1871 and biotechnology incubation. From 2011 to 2014 (3 years) Greater Chicago AreaManaging Director/ Principal @ ConQuire’s slogan, “CONsult to inQUIRE innovative techniques, and acQUIRE new insights to CONquer your business” aligns with the company’s mission of applying high-powered analytics in support of smarter decision-making process. ConQuire designs, develops and delivers comprehensive marketing/sales automation, downstream value creation tools, predictive models, innovative optimization techniques as well as web-based applications for customer relationship management (CRM), supply chain management (SCM), and enterprise resource planning (ERP) use. ConQuire also partners with other companies or consultants to complete multiple projects on an engagement or charter basis.
- Developed go-to-market strategy for $1.5B international-based machinery, electronics, and sporting goods manufacturer and supplier
- Created and deployed a series of value and outcomes model and tools for a $4B US-based medical device technology company to broaden its footprint in multichannel sales platform
- Partnered with a company in designing and developing innovative downstream marketing tools/apps to enhance user experience for a $100B healthcare company
- Engaged in a multi-phase Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) and Medication Therapy Management (MTM) projects translating clinical information into marketing messages, business propositions and smart decision engines to improve sales and deal management for a Fortune 50 company From 2009 to 2011 (2 years) Director, Global Pricing and Analytics @ Also known as Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals and formerly part of Tyco International (Fortune Global 149), Covidien is a $10B global manufacturer and distributor of a diverse healthcare product lines in medical devices, supplies, pharmaceutical and diagnostics products, serving over 140 countries.
- Formulated, orchestrated, and executed strategic initiatives for the Global Business Unit (GBU).
- Collaborated with other GBUs in assessing business opportunity and price elasticity to optimize and maximize profit stream.
- Developed high-powered analytics and multi-dimensional models and provided useful insights to senior management for decision making use.
- Performed market analyses, pricing and reimbursement strategy, industry and environmental studies for commercialization of new offerings.
- Served as SME leading pricing and reimbursement analytics within cross-functional and national teams.
- Developed plans of action and market mix models to drive prescription and substitution markets of launched and focus products.
- Innovation coach and voice of change for predictive analytics, interpretation and strategy formulation.
- Responsible for creation of business case and value propositions to promote launch of Covidien's brand and generic pharmaceuticals and technology.
- Led pricing sensitivity analysis and optimization efforts to drive pull-through and conversion of focus/launched products.
- Responsible for divisional pricing initiative goals. Led supply chain (API, 3PL, suppliers) costs assessment and key metrics management to gauge in-market performance.
- Analyzed major tenders and national accounts (GPO, IDN, MCO, and PBM); assessed business opportunity/ risk, and championed performance improvement efforts and campaign effectiveness and managed care analytics.
- Continuous development of Covidien-wide Operational Excellence best practices and compliance guidelines in support of Covidien's long range planning. From 2008 to 2010 (2 years) Greater St. Louis AreaSenior Manager, Strategic Marketing and Pricing @ As a Fortune-18, Cardinal Health is the nation's largest healthcare wholesaler and pharmaceutical distributor with $100B in revenue (2010). It provides products, services and technologies for the healthcare industry worldwide.
- Developed market-based strategies and tactics to meet business objectives and financial targets.
- Assessed market landscape which influence decisions on direction and go-to-market approach of emerging segments and new markets.
- Streamlined pricing processes to achieve operational excellence. Developed plans to balance 4Cs (cost, contribution, competition, customer) based on product migration and pricing elasticity.
- Deployed analytical models to strengthen company economic value and business proposition. Coached sales force in utilizing proprietory sales tools.
- Provided sound business judgment using analytics, high-powered decision engines and real-time diagnostics to gauge business performance and sales effectiveness.
- Leveraged industry’s pricing data from ECRI, IMS, KLAS, and MD Buyline to identify SWOT, business risks and future pipeline opportunities.
- Developed and communicated real time diagnostics of market share forecasts and installed base analytics for products and service business within the division.
- Liaised with internal stakeholders on business development and compliance requirements.
- Led financial reengineering efforts through customer ROI and business case presentations – YOY earnings grow above plan by 19% (2006) and 28% (2007).
- Developed in-depth EVA, ROI, and TCO analytic models and strategic programs in improving win rates, realization, and expediting sales cycle.
- Kaizen and CoE leader for in-house pricing initiatives and Project Manager for Pragmatic Pricing.
- Created synergy by continually find ways to improve and streamlined processes and sales tools to integrate newly acquired companies into Cardinal Health’s business model. From 2004 to 2008 (4 years) Greater San Diego AreaSenior Consultant, Business Analytics @ With over $100B in contracts value, Premier Inc. is the 2nd largest hospital performance improvement alliance and tender agent with 1,700 participating hospitals and health systems in U.S.
- Sourced qualified suppliers through assessment of bids and proposals from major companies. Compiled analytics and intelligence to aid Premier in making informed decisions for contracts negotiation and development process.
- Defined mutual goals to support overall strategic benefits of the alliance. Maintained relationships with business partners to create solutions and values to alliance members.
- Developed client ROI and conveyed analytical results to ensure value were communicated to the alliance members.
- Provided consultation on a project basis, and managed multi-phased projects by planning resources to meet aggressive deadlines.
Key contracts undertaken:
• IV solutions, sets, and equipment (Abbott, Alaris, Baxter, BBraun): Led analytics and identified $48M or 6% in savings.
• Wound Closure (J&J Ethicon, Tyco US Surgical): Realized cost avoidance of $8M by deferring new contractual T&Cs.
• Surgeon Gloves (Assessed 14 vendors – Cardinal Health, Kimberly Clark, Medline, Maxxim, Ansell, Regent, and etc.): Performed pricing analyses and lowered new prices by 40%.
• Spinal and Neurosurgical (Medtronic Sofamor-Danek, J&J DePuy, Interpore Cross, Howmedica): Generated $6M savings by initiating multi-source contracts.
• Pharmaceuticals (Beyer, Eli Lily, Merck, Novartis): Negotiated $4M incentive by expanding Primaxin PLUS program.
• Cardiac Rhythmic Management (Guidant, Medtronic, St Jude): Analyzed multi-source contracts in excess of $785M, and successfully contributed in owner savings up to 6% per year.
• Capital Equipment and Rental Therapy (Hill-Rom, KCI, Stryker).
• Orthopedic (Smith Nephew, Howmedica, Depuy, Zimmer).
• Imaging and Diagnostics devices (Abbott, GE, Siemens). From 2002 to 2004 (2 years) Greater Chicago AreaFinance Manager @ The hospitals were ranked the 14th best in the nation by U.S. News and World Report. It is the only hospital in Illinois ever to be included in the magazine's "Honor Roll" of the 20 best hospitals in the U.S.
- Responsible for the financial performance of 11 business segments of the Biological Sciences Division. Created synergy with the subsidiary managers to drive strategy and operational excellence.
- Utilized Hyperion Enterprise software to manage over $200M of annual divisional budget
- Applied proprietary applications to provide useful reports and recommendations to management.
- Coordinated the expansion of clinical sites by participated in a planning consortium to launch new programs; operating results improved by 28%.
- Successfully turned around NOPAT from deficit to surplus by realigning billing and collections, and re-negotiated with suppliers by locking in futures on major procurement.
- Assisted in training and staff development processes. Held workshops to address arising issues related to healthcare financials and common practices in operational protocols. From 1997 to 2002 (5 years) Greater Chicago AreaFinancial Analyst @ From 1995 to 1997 (2 years) Iowa City, Iowa AreaIntern @ From 1993 to 1993 (less than a year) Hong Kong
Executive MBA, Strategic Management, 3.8/4.0 @ San Diego State University-California State University From 2005 to 2007 Master of Business Administration (MBA), Strategic Management, 3.3/4.0 @ The University of Chicago - Booth School of Business From 2000 to 2002 BBA, Finance and Accounting, 3.7/4.0 @ University of Iowa - Henry B. Tippie College of Business From 1994 to 1997 Terry Teo, MBA is skilled in: Leadership, Management Consulting, Analytics, Competitive Analysis, Business Intelligence, CRM, Forecasting, Business Analytics, Pricing, Segmentation, Management, Strategic Planning, Business Strategy, Business Development, Process Improvement
Looking for a different
Terry Teo, MBA?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension