Dynamic and passionate Creative Marketing, Design and Photography leader with proven results in Retail, Catalog, B2B, and Video Development. Expertise working in ad agencies, in-house retail and catalog companies. Recognized for out of the box creative thinking, initiating new processes and acknowledging staffs’ strengths in order to establish a successful creative team and promote advertising that drives
Dynamic and passionate Creative Marketing, Design and Photography leader with proven results in Retail, Catalog, B2B, and Video Development. Expertise working in ad agencies, in-house retail and catalog companies. Recognized for out of the box creative thinking, initiating new processes and acknowledging staffs’ strengths in order to establish a successful creative team and promote advertising that drives results.
Director of Creative, Global Marketing @ Responsible for Omni-channel creative marketing for America’s #1 furniture retailer, both in the states and globally. Lead creative for in-store signage, circulars, direct mail, online, social media, e-mail campaigns, photography and national TV commercials. Work collaboratively with
both internal staff and outside agencies. From November 2012 to Present (3 years 2 months) Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida AreaDirector of Creative @ Creative direction, catalog design, photo art direction for video and print, brand development, creative concepts, direct mail implementation, and consulting for catalog and retail marketing.
Clients: Russian retail and wholesale furniture company, Анна Потапова Мебель - brand development, logo ideation, app development and catalog development. Designed and created, on a pro bono basis, the Lakota Local School District annual report. From December 2011 to Present (4 years 1 month) Director of Creative @ Luxury home, holiday and outdoor furniture catalog company. Lead internal creative team of 10, while overseeing copy, design, photography direction and production. Partner with senior leaders, including the president, and merchants to set direction for over 25 catalog mailings a year including specialty catalogs, national magazine and newspaper ads, location photography and integration of catalog with online platform.
• Directly involved in successful strategic marketing partnerships with Lexus, Sotheby’s International Realty, Ritz Carlton, and Ocean Home and Architectural Digest magazines
• Responsible for a photography budget of 1.1 million. Reduced budget by $350,000 in 2009 by better negotiating all expenses and better planning for out of town photography
• Organized and set creative direction for the first ever catalog outdoor photo shoot in Santa Barbara, CA. The business experienced double-digit sales increases in the outdoor furniture category.
• Develop creative for national newspapers and magazine ads including Architectural Digest, Food and Wine, Coastal Living and Metropolitan Home, Wall Street Journal and USA Today
• Creative manager of in-store signage for retail stores and outlet stores From June 2007 to October 2011 (4 years 5 months) Cincinnati AreaNational Creative Manager @ Led staff of over 25 for Fortune 500 Company. Assisted with the integration of all national advertising that was consolidated into the Atlanta headquarters. Supervised and led creative for weekly circulars, specialty catalogs, newspaper ads and photography for national advertising. Interfaced with a team of 125 merchants for pagination and merchandising of printed material.
• Acted as Creative Director for 2006 Annual Report
• Directed the improvement of overall look and feel of the circular program through design, photography and customer experience
• Implemented in-store buying guides for Mower/Tractor, Outdoor Power, Faucets and Ceiling Fans including design, photography and succinct marketing messages
• Managed multiple print creative agencies to ensure high quality, consistent creative advertising
• Oversaw all advanced planning ensuring a consistent look across all advertising
• Partnered with Home Depot online team to achieve marketing integration for key seasons and new product launches From 2005 to 2007 (2 years) Greater Atlanta AreaDirector, Creative Marketing @ Mass and class retail and online beauty company. Spearheaded creative with both internal staff & external partners. Involved in upfront pagination of weekly circulars & beauty club mailers. Worked with internal merchandising VPs & President to develop primary customer propositions for direct mail advertising vehicles.
• Responsible for printed material including tabs, mailers, grand opening ads, and in-store signage
• Managed a $2 million creative budget as part of a $25 million marketing budget and developed creative for 14M customers and 2.5M Beauty Club members
• Architected the new look of ULTA’s advertising and brand image
• Worked with President, Merchandising and Marketing VPs to develop key strategies for advertising
• Analyzed ULTA’s advertising vehicles YTD from a cost perspective
• Launched new Beauty Club loyalty program
• Re-launched a new gift card program, by marketing gift cards for B to B as well as retail consumers
• Organized in-store event featuring Jessica Simpson
• Developed Helen of Troy marketing interactive CD-Rom From 2003 to 2005 (2 years) Greater Chicago AreaCreative Director, Design @ Worked with outside clients to develop creative based on marketing and merchandising strategies. Oversaw projects that were all turn-key including design, photography and copy. Presented concepts to key leaders in the company, attended turn-in meetings and then completed all projects to release to printer.
Clients: The Great Indoors, Pfaelzer Brothers, Gourmet Marketplace, Follett’s
• Creative leader in conceptualizing and designing catalogs and other printed materials
• Worked closely with account manager, developing marketing concepts and key strategies to ensure creative and marketing expectations were met and to ensure client satisfaction
• Extensive client contact, photo art direction, and print specification follow through
• Adhered to specific budget requirements and assisted in quoting jobs From 2000 to 2003 (3 years) Greater Chicago AreaCreative Director, Photography @ Key leader in the photography studio. Pitched many clients and won new accounts for the agency. Involved in quoting of all business as well as managing assignments of all projects. Led a team of over 50 full-time and freelance art directors, stylists and photographers to ensure creative expectations were met.
Clients: Bloomingdales, Parisian, Carson Pirie Scott, Dayton Hudson, Proffit’s, Sunbeam, Sears, JCPenney, Peebles, Discovery Channel, Herberger’s, Godiva
• Conceptualized ideas for backgrounds and sets
• Oversaw photography for home, tabletop, food, and fashion
• Involved in a facility leadership team to improve communication and workflow
• Completed two year internal management training program From 1994 to 2000 (6 years) Greater Chicago AreaArt Director @ • Handled catalogs from initial client meeting to presentation of final product
• Selected models, location sites, lighting, styling and set design sketches
• Directed stylists and photographers with composing each photo
Clients: Macy’s, Bullocks, Sears, Bloomingdales, Jordan Marsh, Steinbach From 1991 to 1994 (3 years) Greater Atlanta AreaArt Director @ • Designed and art directed print ads, billboards, newspaper and promotional pieces for video and audio company From 1988 to 1991 (3 years) Greater Atlanta AreaGraphic Designer @ • Worked with Art Directors to prepare mechanicals and set headlines on typesetter
Clients: Delta Air Lines, Alamo Rent-A-Car, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra From 1986 to 1988 (2 years) Greater Atlanta Area
Associate, Advertising @ Cincinnati Academy of Design (formerly Central Academy of Commercial Art) Ted Hutcheson is skilled in: Catalogs, Advertising, Marketing Strategy, Creative Strategy, Creative Direction, Branding & Identity, Photo Art Direction, Print Production Process, Advertising Management, Concept Development, Direct Marketing, Video Art Direction, Retail Marketing, Luxury Goods, Beauty
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension