Growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area, Tanya studied technology and its socioeconomic impacts on rural economies at UCSD. Conducting a number of studies on financial technology advancements in Oaxaca, Mexico, she co-authored “The Economics of Migration”, published by the University of California. Shortly thereafter, Menendez joined the Google Strategy and Integration group advising on internal
Growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area, Tanya studied technology and its socioeconomic impacts on rural economies at UCSD. Conducting a number of studies on financial technology advancements in Oaxaca, Mexico, she co-authored “The Economics of Migration”, published by the University of California. Shortly thereafter, Menendez joined the Google Strategy and Integration group advising on internal system operations. In 2011 Menendez partnered with Matthew Burnett on The Brooklyn Bakery to manage sales and operations. While at The Brooklyn Bakery, she came up with the idea to create a platform for entrepreneurs to be able to easily access American manufacturers. Combining her experience in operations / automation with Matthew’s experience in global manufacturing, they started Maker’s Row.
Co-Founder and CMO @ Maker's Row is a domestic sourcing platform. Our mission is to make the manufacturing process simple to understand and easy to access. From large corporations to first time designers, we are providing unparalleled access to industry-specific factories and suppliers across the United States.
Maker’s Row is hiring: http://mrow.co/jobs45 From June 2012 to Present (3 years 6 months) Co-Owner and COO @ I joined Matthew in 2011 to help scale sales and operations. We secured distribution within 35 department stores and boutiques including Nordstrom, Henri Bendel and DJ Premium.
The Brooklyn Bakery specializes in high-grade leather accessories. Based on a theory that people want to be able to express their individuality, The Brooklyn Bakery creates items for people to make a discernible statement of style. Though The Brooklyn Bakery makes leather goods, not breads, the label gives those who shop its wares a similar sensory rush of eyeing mouthwatering cupcakes or savory breads.
www.thebrooklynbakery.com From April 2011 to September 2012 (1 year 6 months) Analyst @ - Researched, proposed, and executed efficiency initiatives by forming relationships across all divisions, including Sales/Trading, Legal, Finance, Technology, and Operations
- Created, led and organized monthly relationship meetings with other teams within Derivatives Operations
- Improved processes and workflows to increase control, automation and risk management within Funding Operations From March 2010 to April 2011 (1 year 2 months) Greater New York City AreaResearcher @ • Researched and analyzed the performance of the three immigration agencies within the Department of Homeland Security
• Analyzed operational change and immigration policy direction and coordination From January 2010 to March 2010 (3 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaMetropolitan Policy Program @ • Compiled media lists and clip reports; pitched stories about Metro Program reports to regional and national media
• Researched immigration trends and policies in the Inter-Mountain West states (AZ, CO, UT, NM, NV) From September 2009 to December 2009 (4 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaStrategy and Integration Team @ • Interviewed 23 key stakeholders to understand complex workflow and technical system relationships within DoubleClick
• Analyzed and synthesized qualitative data to indentify problem areas and recommended a new naming process From June 2009 to August 2009 (3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaCalculus Workshop Facilitator @ • Led a calculus workshop for 15-30 undergraduate students, twice per week, to develop students’ analytical and problem solving skills at the University of California, San Diego
• Developed original lesson plans, worksheets and other materials to maximize their understanding of complex calculus concepts
• Served as a calculus specialist and trainer for new hires From June 2006 to March 2009 (2 years 10 months) Greater San Diego Area
BA, Sociology, Summa Cum Laude @ University of California, San Diego From 2006 to 2009 Tanya Menendez is skilled in: Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Small Business, Research, Market Research, Process Improvement, Data Analysis, Strategy, Qualitative Research, Management, Spanish, american manufacturing, Sales, Sociology, Start-ups