Bachelor's Degree, Health Services Administration, 3.83-Magna Cum Laude @
Colorado Technical University
Healthcare management Professional seeks career opportunity with a progressive patient care organization in the Kansas City area that values employment longevity. Mentorship and professional development highly desired. Professional who is acknowledged for meeting Joint Commission and National Committee for Quality Assurance excellence and continuation of this standard is a must. Effectively leads teams of up to 150
Healthcare management Professional seeks career opportunity with a progressive patient care organization in the Kansas City area that values employment longevity. Mentorship and professional development highly desired. Professional who is acknowledged for meeting Joint Commission and National Committee for Quality Assurance excellence and continuation of this standard is a must. Effectively leads teams of up to 150 personnel. Initiated the expansion of a cardiology practice and created a comprehensive cardiac care center increasing profitability from $50,000 to $1.5 million within 3 years.
Hands on interactive leadership that results in enthusiastic and engaged employees, and fosters a culture of team work, collaboration and collegiality. Identifies and eliminates inefficient work processes that increase operation costs, and decrease productivity. Received accolades at accomplished and commendable levels for patient and employee satisfaction feedback, policy enforcement, change management, employee mentorship, practice development and expansion, and department profitability.
Master of Business Administration concentrating in Healthcare Management awarded in December 2014. Awarded Bachelor of Science in Health Services Administration graduated Magna Cum Laude in May 2012. Recognized for exceptional clinical care and named as a distinguished graduate from the United States Army Practical Nurse Course.
Practice Manager II Kansas City Gastroenterology and Hepatology @ Operational and Fiscal Management From November 2015 to Present (2 months) Practice Manager @ Promoted from assistant practice manager to practice manager within 15 months by leading recruitment efforts that expanded Pediatric department from 1.5 to 4 full-time physicians. By ensuring employees have necessary tools and information to perform at a higher rate of efficiency, Gallup workplace engagement scores increased from 67% to 85% and employee call out rates decreased from 10 to 4 per month average. Assigned 3 additional departments (Family Practice, Cardiology and Gastroenterology) within 9 months of promotion.
• Increase profitability by 3% through creation and management of clinic budgets and establishing inventory par levels that maintain optimal operation efficiency and decreasing excessive or wasteful ordering.
• Increased site revenues by 12% per fiscal year exceeding organizational goals by reducing the number of rejected insurance claims and use of thorough audit and billing correction processes
• Increased patient access by 2% (1000 appointments per year) through creation and management of schedule templates of 10 primary care providers.
• Improved workplace and patient satisfaction feedback by 7% by establishing new workflow standards that enabled reduced number of personnel to complete patient care request within two business days.
• Successfully trained and supported 300 physicians and clinic support staff through new EMR transition and implementation. From August 2012 to August 2015 (3 years 1 month) Alumni @ From 2010 to 2014 (4 years) Clinical Operations Manager @ Two term military veteran that transitioned 6 military hospitals in Iraq from Paper charts to defense system EMR. Volunteered for outreach missions that vaccinated hundreds of children in multiple Iraqi provinces. Recognized as an expert, and assigned to conduct monthly health plan (Tricare) briefings for military beneficiaries and their family members and assisted with eligibility and enrollment. 1989-1997
• Achieved 0 screening errors of up to 1000 deploying personnel per day by managing operations of 25 deployment readiness stations with 150 assigned employees for 7 years.
• Successfully transitioned 3 primary care centers into a medical home model in various locations on the installation and managed all clinical operations. Each location staffed 15 providers and 40 clinical and administrative staff.
• Created plan model, spearheaded implementation, assigned essential staff, and maintained operations responsibilities for after-hours pediatric urgent care clinic. From January 2003 to September 2011 (8 years 9 months) Practice Manager @ Hired as a practical nurse; worked closely with physician owners to expand practice to meet the increasing demands for comprehensive, full-service cardiac care in the Oklahoma City area. Additional services included cardiac stress testing, and nutrition education. Responsibilities included recruitment, employee time accountability, policy and procedure implementation, staffing assignments, performance evaluations and reviews, as well as other human resource responsibilities.
• Grew private medical practice profit from $50K to $1.5 million by designing a full-service cardiology facility. Facility design included in-house laboratory, physical therapy, and Coumadin monitoring services.
• Served over 100 patients per day by leading 35 staff members in 5 different clinical service areas.
• Reduced patient wait time by 15% by creating schedule templates and clinic workflow processes that specifically addressed this issue for 7 different providers.
• Trained and transitioned 35 practice employees from paper charts to electronic health records.
• Awarded NCQA distinction by establishing policy and procedures that assured safety and quality patient care services. From January 1999 to October 2002 (3 years 10 months) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma AreaClinical Operations Manager @ Enlisted Soldier that again additional responsibilities and achieved advance through mentoring in operations and leadership to manage multiple outpatient clinics located throughout the military installation, From July 1989 to August 1997 (8 years 2 months)
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Healthcare Management, 3.86-Magna Cum Laude @ Colorado Technical University From 2012 to 2014 Bachelor's Degree, Health Services Administration, 3.83-Magna Cum Laude @ Colorado Technical University From 2010 to 2012 Associate’s Degree, Nursing, 92% @ US Army Medical School and Center From 1996 to 1997 Certificate of Completion-Honor Graduate, Military and Strategic Leadership, 98% @ Primary Leadership Development Course From 1993 to 1993 Tabatha Cassell is skilled in: Revenue & Profit Growth, clinic administration, Leadership, Healthcare Management, Human Resource Management, Personnel Management, Training, Service Line and Staff Development, Performance Management, HEDIS, Healthcare, Policy, Meaningful Use, Physician Recruitment, Accounts Receivable
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension