Splunk Specialist @ SMS Management & Technology
Application Support engineer @ BT
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Possessing 8 years of experience in IT industry . Having been part of architectural design and implementation of software for telecom industry . I have extensive experience in J2EE Application development and IT application/DevOPS/Infrastructure support. I have also been part of a team which developed and supported the web based ecommerce platform environment which handled closer to
Possessing 8 years of experience in IT industry . Having been part of architectural design and implementation of software for telecom industry . I have extensive experience in J2EE Application development and IT application/DevOPS/Infrastructure support. I have also been part of a team which developed and supported the web based ecommerce platform environment which handled closer to fifteen thousand transactions per hour of a major telecommunication provider from Britain for the past two years. I possess ITIL V3 foundation certificate to complement my experience in support services.
Very good experience with linux and unix systems and have been part of a team which implemented new infrastructure rollout from sun solaris server to linux based servers. Besides having experience handling apache servers and scripting experience in perl/shell and python. Also possess working knowledge in various tools such as ControlM and Veritas Cluster server administration(VCS).
Specializing in infrastructure management and support Services. Been part of the team who supported large scale infrastructures such as www.bt.com and www.openreach.co.uk .
Having a good experience in web traffic management using Riverbed stingray traffic manager (previously known as zeus traffic manager ), Websecurity ( mitigating DDOS attacks ) and weblogic administration covering large infrastructure projects.
Key skills include : Linux , Unix , shell scripting , perl scripting , webserver technologies such as Sun one websever , OOP programming ( java , C# ) , Acceptance into service testing , Service operationalization
Having excellent domain knowledge of the telecom domain , POS systems and Billing systems .
Demonstrated leadership qualities having a led a team of five members and have been a deputy lead for a team of twelve members.
Splunk Specialist @ From May 2014 to June 2014 (2 months) Brisbane Area, Australiaconsultant @ • Requirement analysis, Design and Implementation of new enhancements to the system.
• Application maintenance and resolving day to day issues.
• Customer support From January 2013 to December 2013 (1 year) Application Support engineer @ • Writing automation scripts using python ,perl and shell scripting .
• Build automation using Jenkins
• Load balancing implementation using stingray traffic manager utilizing perl scripts.
• Implementation of Weblogic managed server clusters.
• Performance and constant availability monitoring using Nagios and splunk dashboards
• Splunk dashboards implementations to monitor different performance and health metrics
• Migration of legacy ecommerce platform to New infrastructure.
• Writing cron jobs to send out mail alerts using sendmail to the infrastructure engineers.
• Configuration files management to enable verbose logs on demand.
• Scaling the infrastructure on the anticipation of rapid increase in internet traffic to the portals – scaling Managed servers instances to accommodate rapid increase and in parallel increasing the database pool size to accommodate rapid increases in transactions
• Analyze and resolve the live incidents as per SLA. When necessary work in Collaboration with development and other interacting team.
• Proactive monitoring of the system & system processes
• Deal with Service Requests
• Provide workaround solutions (outside of the application code) as a temporary solution to restore service,
• Take care of the change and problem management activities.
• Take care of final deployments during the release process. Also ASG would do the testing of the changes before deploying the application on LIVE.
• Liaising with business stakeholder to come with new analytics and improvement mechanisms to better manage the availability and the scalability of the systems. From January 2011 to August 2013 (2 years 8 months) Senior Engineer Technology @ Application Development
Unit test preparation and testing. From April 2012 to January 2013 (10 months) Engineer Technology @ Applications development , knowledge dissemination and designing solutions for Business problems. From January 2007 to December 2008 (2 years)
MBA(PIM), Business Administration @ University of Sri Jayewardenepura From 2009 to 2012 Bsc, Physical science @ University of Colombo From 2003 to 2006 Bsc(Hons), Information Technology @ Sri lanka Institute for Information Technology From 2002 to 2006 Royal college From 1988 to 2001 Suseendran Suthanthiraraj is skilled in: ASP.NET, Software Project Management, C#, Microsoft SQL Server, Web Services, Java Enterprise Edition, Oracle, SQL, Software Development, AJAX, Test Automation, .NET, Java, Tomcat, Spring
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension