Segment Financial Officer (CFO/Controller) @ FIS (formerly SunGard Data Systems)
Director of Finance (VP of Finance) @ FAF Advisors
Senior Financial Leader who partners with company leadership to formulate and implement strategic initiatives that transform businesses with a focus on key performance drivers, with positive commercial results. Skilled at cultivating cross-functional teams, implementing rapid transitions, interpreting financial results, identifying and rectifying critical issues and improving the bottom line. Interfaces comfortably with all layers of stakeholders, to
Senior Financial Leader who partners with company leadership to formulate and implement strategic initiatives that transform businesses with a focus on key performance drivers, with positive commercial results. Skilled at cultivating cross-functional teams, implementing rapid transitions, interpreting financial results, identifying and rectifying critical issues and improving the bottom line. Interfaces comfortably with all layers of stakeholders, to foster consensus, growing the business through internal initiatives, and M&A work. A trusted leader with strong international experience, using Big 4 public accounting background to address complex issues related to revenue recognition, skilled in mentoring staff, while promoting a productive work environment.
VP Accounting @ Primarily responsible for directing the operations of the Revenue Accounting group, providing billing, financial and strategic support to the business units of an international $650M business. Includes technical accounting leadership (ASC 605 and 985), forecasting, and reporting for business and operational matters related to diverse revenue streams. Lead and execute on the implementation of related initiatives including SOX 404 and liaise with cross-functional teams to influence decision-making, policy and compliance. Review and update as required the Company’s revenue recognition policies. Interface with external audit and manage and develop a team of twelve.
• Generate $1M partner revenue from contract review and business analysis
• Increase billing efficiencies 25% with software conversion and improved procedures
• Produce $200,000 finance department savings moving to a globalized team
• Overseeing financial implementation of $150M new contract and related products From 2013 to Present (2 years) Segment Financial Officer (CFO/Controller) @ Partner with the President and management team to oversee an international business with $200 million revenue, 750 employees, and customers in 65 countries including overseeing financial plans and policies, accounting practices and procedures, and the organization’s financial relationship with the parent company. Work closely with the leadership team providing appropriate financial context and guidance including pricing review and approval of material deals and manage a staff of fifteen. Responsible for SOX compliance and work with the auditors. Primary decision maker on software revenue recognition issues (SOP 97-2). Accomplishments:
• Thorough analysis of a previous acquisition resulting in recording an additional $1M revenue
• Investigated a business unit’s processes and balance sheet producing $1.5M revenue
• Led implementation of operational and process efficiencies toward a more globalized work force producing more than $2M annual savings increasing overall margins to 29%. From July 2008 to 2012 (4 years) Director of Finance (VP of Finance) @ Manage and develop a finance team of nine that performs the monthly close, forecast, financial reporting, analysis, and budget of a $390 million money manager with $110 billion in assets. Accomplishments:
• Established line of business reporting and worked with the business units to assist with performance improvements resulting in a margin increase of 5%.
• Performed analysis and participated in institutional sales process changes resulting in a 25% revenue increase From 2003 to 2008 (5 years) Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul AreaGroup Controller @ Participate on the management team for three international business unit groups. Review and assist with all company financial reporting documents, preparations of budgets, analysis, projections, and SEC reporting.
• Participated in restructuring of businesses to improve margin from 25% to 30%
• Managed the financial process to purchase 15 acquisitions including: due diligence, valuation, recording, and post closing integration resulting in over 100M in additional revenue
•PRIOR PUBLIC ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE
Arthur Andersen & Co, Senior Auditor, Chicago, IL From 1989 to 2002 (13 years)
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Accounting @ University of Northern Iowa Susan Vadner, C.P.A. is skilled in: Financial Analysis, Financial Modeling, Financial Reporting, Accounting, Forecasting, Revenue Recognition, Process Improvement, Due Diligence, Budgets, Sarbanes-Oxley, US GAAP, International, M&A experience
Looking for a different
Susan Vadner, C.P.A.?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension