Board Member @ Information Systems Security Association - Silicon Valley Chapter
Master's degree @
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
At NetApp, I direct information security and compliance as a part of the Enterprise Architecture organization. My team defines the enterprise strategy for NetApp; and I am responsible for engaging with our customers about our internal security posture. I have driven NetApp's continued certification to the ISO27001 standard for information security management. Most recently, I identified new
At NetApp, I direct information security and compliance as a part of the Enterprise Architecture organization. My team defines the enterprise strategy for NetApp; and I am responsible for engaging with our customers about our internal security posture. I have driven NetApp's continued certification to the ISO27001 standard for information security management. Most recently, I identified new revenue opportunities for NetApp by connecting the security outcomes of new products with unexplored customer segments.
Prior to joining NetApp, I spent over 10 years with the Corporate Information Security team at Intuit; and was responsible for managing several key security initiatives that helped integrate security into the culture of the company. It has been a great honor to be a recipient of Intuit's Innovation Award. Before Intuit, I managed Information Risk Management teams at Ernst & Young and KPMG; responsible for developing risk mitigation strategies primarily for Fortune 500 clients in the financial and technology sector.
My focus is on maturing the organization's security posture by driving execution to a well-socialized and accepted enterprise security strategy that benefits internal and external stakeholders. With almost two decades of experience in leading information security and compliance; I am fluent in being the conduit between strategy development and execution, building cross-organizational relationships and developing people managers. I have a Masters degree in Electronics Engineering and am a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) as well as Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT). I continue to lead the professional community through my Board membership at the ISSA Silicon Valley Chapter; and speaking engagements at conferences like Gartner.
Enterprise Security Architect @ In this role with the Enterprise Architecture & Strategy team, my focus is on leading with architecture & risk management to advise the business on security strategy and innovation. Major accomplishments thus far include:
• Delivered the ISO27001:2013 recertification for NetApp to provide our customers and stakeholders with a current assertion of our enterprise security maturity
• Rebuilt the security program with a concerted focus on business-led governance and executive oversight
• Identified new revenue streams for the company by connecting product security benefits with unexplored customer profiles
• Managed global teams with a focus on driving awareness and quantified risk through all phases of the decision making proces
• Matured the security and compliance program to deliver better integration into sales and customer success operations through SLAs, metrics and brand collateral
• Defined and drove NetApp's Enterprise Content Management Strategy to streamline and secure the enterprise content lifecycle
• Delivered the Trusted Cloud model to enforce hybrid cloud governance
• Raised the bar for external vendor selection with a partner security assessment program
• Delivered a SaaS governance program; including a global technology platform deployment; to facilitate informed risk decisions and economies of scale From November 2011 to Present (4 years 2 months) Member of the Board & Director of Communications @ • Identifying priorities and opportunities for the ISSA to be strategically positioned as a thought leader in the community of information security professionals
• Creating a cohesive platform between the international and local chapters of the ISSA towards fostering an active and engaged user community From April 2013 to Present (2 years 9 months) San Francisco Bay Area
Sujeet Bambawale is skilled in: Cross-functional Team Leadership, Information Security, Computer Security, Security, Cloud Computing, Enterprise Architecture, SaaS, Cloud Security, Information Security Management, Global Strategy, Enterprise Software, PCI DSS, ISO 27001, Security Architecture Design, Compliance
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension