● SHORT SUMMARY: I'm Steven Burda & I move mountains.
The Most Connected Person on Linkedin. One day I'll take over the world. Nothing's impossible for me.
● LONG SUMMARY: Hello, and welcome to my LinkedIn profile page, a place I call the "Networking of Today." The reason I am here (for 8+ years) is
● SHORT SUMMARY: I'm Steven Burda & I move mountains.
The Most Connected Person on Linkedin. One day I'll take over the world. Nothing's impossible for me.
● LONG SUMMARY: Hello, and welcome to my LinkedIn profile page, a place I call the "Networking of Today." The reason I am here (for 8+ years) is to reconnect with friends, family members, classmates, group and social circle members, former and present colleagues - and to connect with new, exciting and interesting professionals from all walks of life, from various fields within many diverse industries and geographic locations. I love my profession, the people I work with and enjoy helping people getting the most of their lives as well - both on a professional and personal front. I read a lot, and do contribute on a regular basis -- because this is how we learn, develop and advance. With that, I hope you have a wonderful day, enjoy this site and the networking benefits it may offer us now or in the future. Connect to me directly, as you won't regret it. Feel free to read through nearly 3,000 recommendations left for me below from over 78,000+ direct connections, just in case you're skeptical in "value added" benefit in having me in your direct network. →
★ Steven Burda, MBA ● My email is in Contact Settings
★ Professional info: http://tinyurl.com/BurdaContact
My extensive experience with FORTUNE 500 companies, clients, customers & vendors:
► JOHNSON & JOHNSON
► AT&T MOBILITY
► ARKEMA, INC.
► SIKORSKY GLOBAL HELICOPTERS
► GLAXO SMITH KLINE
► U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
► THE BOEING COMPANY
► SUNGARD DATA SYSTEMS
► LOCKHEED MARTIN CORPORATION
► CIGNA HEALTHCARE CORPORATION
► CITIGROUP, SALOMON SMITH BARNEY
★ Once we are directly connected, you'll be able to see vital & important information about me and my involvements → at the bottom of this page → in "Contact Settings." (Enjoy!)
Specialties:"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn."
● Opportunist ● Optimist ● Super Connector ●
✔ Everything about me (my expertise), in greater detail:
● My Press Profile with useful links: http://whyWebPR.com/burda
● All you have to do is ask... I will help you if I can.
Member @ I am a Member of The Financial Executives Networking Group (FENG), appointed in 2015 by Chairman Matthew R. Bud. From 2015 to Present (less than a year) Pennsylvania ChapterBrand Ambassador @ I am Brand Ambassador for AmeriCord Registry Cord & Tissue Blood Banking.
In May 2015, my wife and I welcomed our twins, and we had used AmeriCord Registry.
We are very happy with their service, people and the overall company. They truly do provide a wholesome and valuable experience for any expectant parent(s)! Give them a try too.
To get info, and additional savings, use this special code: SUMMER15
Thank you and if you have questions, please contact me or AmeriCord directly. From June 2015 to Present (5 months) Global - WorldwideFounder & CEO @ What haven't I done yet? Who haven't I helped yet?
● Connecting is the new currency! Ever wondered why some business people have all the luck? They talk to more people! It’s not about being lucky; it’s about talking to more people, more of the time and you can only do that by being present. New conversations and new connections will lead to new opportunities. You just need to be open to the idea of talking to complete strangers and act on the signs you receive to make an opportunity happen.
● Always Mentoring > Always Building > Always Connecting > Always Moving Forward → →
● Skilled business professional and technologist. Adept at creating competitive advantage through matching strategy with individuals, teams and various partnerships. Very competitive, love to win, but not by sacrificing integrity. I set the path to greater efficiency, increased effectiveness, and unparalleled excellence.
● I'm poised and ready to coach, consult, and inspire you to achieve your level best in all that you do. My experience in working with diverse constituencies in various sectors of leadership prepares me to bring a personal approach to helping you make your dreams, goals, and aspirations a reality.
● My 78,000+ first-level direct Linkedin connections can't be wrong: I'm the idea genie. I can solve problems. I can make things happen. And I can look & smell good doing it - really!
● I have many skills, but my pay-it-forward passion is helping professionals and advise businesses how to strategically leverage their full potential of social media. When I speak, they listen. When I lead, they follow. Join me?
● In the future, you have no shareholders. You have no rivals, no partnership, no customers. You have neither accomplishments nor challenges. No one does, because the future hasn't happened yet. It is a white canvas. A clean slate. A blank sheet. How will you write it?
"Education & Experience are valuable, but Execution is priceless" From October 2015 to Present (1 month) GlobalMember of Board of Directors @ See our team: http://www.franklinfound.org/About-Us/Our-Board-Of-Directors
The Franklin Foundation for Innovation is an emerging non-profit organization geared towards the advancement of the sciences, technologies, and advanced mathematics. The organization's mission is to promote the invention of new, and innovation of old American technologies and technological processes through the creation and funding of programs, initiatives, and opportunities that enhance America’s competitive edge in an increasingly global marketplace. To learn more, go here: www.FranklinFound.org From November 2014 to Present (1 year) King of Prussia & West Chester, PennsylvaniaBoard Member (Vice-Chairman) for Upper Merion Township Environmental Advisory Council @ I was appointed by The Board of Directors of the Upper Merion Township to the Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) in July 2014 for a three (3) year term. The Upper Merion Township Environmental Advisory Council is dedicated to exploring and promoting ways to establish a more environmentally sustainable community.
The EAC evaluates issues regarding regulatory initiatives and potentially hazardous sites to support and advise the township's Board of Supervisors, commissions, and personnel and works with the Upper Merion community and regional organizations to foster environmental education and champion natural resource conservation. The goals and other details can be found here: http://www.umtownship.org/index.aspx?NID=150
I am currently a Vice-Chairman of the Board. From July 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) King of Prussia, PennsylvaniaFounder & President + Connector & Philanthropist @ ● I'm the The Most Connected & Recommended person on entire Linkedin.
● As an MBA with 12+ years of corporate experience, I founded a non-profit consulting company with a mission to help small corporations, groups, individuals and professionals on various issues, based on my personal/professional experiences and education. My expertise ranges a variety of subjects, but primarily focused on: • professional networking & social media (i.e. Linkedin, Twitter) and its usage • economic/financial planning & organization • education on savings/investing/debt-management • college/career/life mentoring & coaching • computer/IT use for business & development purposes • strategic management consulting • recruiting • business/risk advisory • start-up and entrepreneurship • fundraiser & lead generation • human capital • intellectual property •
*** I do this purely out of passion and excitement of helping others who proactively seek help, advice, consulting & recommendations on above mentioned topics (both online & offline) during my own time in the evenings and/or weekends. This is done at no-cost with no expectations in return.
● I'm featured in Sep '09 book: "The Connectors: How the World's Most Successful Businesspeople Build Relationships and Win Clients for Life" (ISBN: 9780470488188, 272 pgs, Wiley & Sons)
● I'm featured in Oct '09 book: "Windmill Networking: Understanding, Leveraging & Maximizing Linkedin: An Unofficial, Step-by-Step Guide to Creating & Implementing Your Linkedin Brand - Social Networking in a Web 2.0 World" (ISBN: 9781439247051, 382 pgs, BookSurge Publishing)
● I'm featured in Sep '09 book: "How to Find a Job on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace & Other Social Networks" (ISBN: 9780071621335, Paperback, 256 pgs, McGraw-Hill)
● I've contributed & have been mentioned in publications like Wall Street Journal, Market Watch, The Economist, CIO Magazine, Entrepreneur, Fins, CollegeRecruiter, others!
● My Press links: http://whyWebPR.com/burda From May 2003 to Present (12 years 6 months) King of Prussia, PennsylvaniaDevoted Father (and Husband) @ Practicing random acts of kindness. Investing time, talent, and resources in making dreams come true. Spending quality time with my family.
I am a loving, caring, devoted family man, and involved husband of one, and father of five wonderful, healthy and beautiful children - two boys and three girls. I love my kids very very much. This is how children spell love you give them: TIME
To my wife Alina, I love you very very much. Thank you for all the support you give me.
I live in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, which is in the Greater-Philadelphia area. I have many hobbies, diverse interests, wonderful wife Alina, friends and a family support system!
I'm also a Founder of Father's Bureau of Information, a non-profit advocacy group for separated or divorced parents, and particularly Fathers, who very much desire to be involved in their children's lives and their upbringing.
"Your children need your presence more than your presents."
"A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his wallet is empty."
An article about my family from June 17, 2015 can be found in The Philadelphia Inquirer. From December 2008 to Present (6 years 11 months) King of Prussia, PennsylvaniaSenior Consultant @ Senior Consultant to Aramark (Corporate Headquarters). Area of finance, operations, strategy and supply chain management. [on Temporary Contract Assignment]
www.aramark.com From December 2014 to Present (11 months) Greater Philadelphia AreaSenior Financial Consultant @ Temporary short-term consulting/contract assignment for Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) through USTS employment agency. Involved in financial (FP&A, capital, headcount) analysis, consolidation and reporting, as well as strategic and cost reduction initiatives while supporting the LifeScan and Animas Corporation entities, which are within MD&D segment of J&J family of companies.
Johnson & Johnson, together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in the research and development, manufacture, and sale of various products in the health care field worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Consumer, Pharmaceutical, and Medical Devices and Diagnostics (MD&D).
The Medical Devices and Diagnostics of JNJ segment offers various products to treat cardiovascular disease; orthopaedic and neurological products; blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery products; general surgery, biosurgical, and energy products; professional diagnostic products; infection prevention products; and disposable contact lenses. From June 2014 to August 2014 (3 months) Wayne/Chesterbrook, PennsylvaniaSenior Financial Consultant @ Consultant for Animas Corp., a Johnson & Johnson subsidiary. (See info above) From June 2014 to August 2014 (3 months) Wayne/Chesterbrook, PennsylvaniaSenior Financial Consultant @ Consultant for LifeScan, a Johnson & Johnson subsidiary. (See info above) From June 2014 to August 2014 (3 months) Wayne/Chesterbrook, PennsylvaniaFinance Project Manager (Senior Consultant) @ I was on a temporary consulting/contract assignment, doing work for AT&T Mobility (formerly Cingular Wireless). I did financial, operational, strategic and project management duties while supporting the C&E internal teams, our management and the outside vendors. I worked with smart people and in a stimulating fast-paced environment. The NE regional corporate office location is in King of Prussia, PA.
AT&T Inc. provides telecommunications services to consumers and businesses in the United States and internationally. Its Wireless segment offers various wireless voice, data, text, and other services, including local wireless communications services, long-distance services, and roaming services. This segment also sells various handsets, wirelessly enabled computers, and personal computer wireless data cards through its owned stores, agents, or third-party retail stores; and accessories comprising carrying cases, hands-free devices, batteries, battery chargers, and other items to consumers, as well as to agents and third-party distributors From September 2013 to June 2014 (10 months) King of Prussia, PA 19406Senior Financial Consultant - Supply Chain, Purchasing, Logistics, Goods & Services, Indirect. @ Temporary (short-term) Consulting/Contract Project:
• Contract assignment with focus on financial aspects and support to the department and Executive Team, specifically responsible for aiding the process within the data-driven environment for the Goods & Services and Logistics/Purchasing department, by means of gathering data and analyzing the information.
• Assisted with development, implementation, and optimization of analytical processes and procedures to gather and to manage purchasing data, and cost-savings initiatives.
• Ad hoc and other special projects as needed to assist the Management.
As a diversified chemicals manufacturer, global chemical company and France’s leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day. Arkema generates annual revenue of €5.8 billion and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands. From July 2012 to September 2012 (3 months) King of Prussia, PennsylvaniaAdvisory Board Member @ As a devoted family man, a dedicated Father to two wonderful children, I'm a Board Member in this national, dynamic and high-profile community organization. I feel strongly and compassionately about the rights of fit and capable Fathers, have a desire to change gender bias laws, with a compassion for children of divorce or separation. Since March 2010, I've been involved, both personally and educationally, in all aspects of family law, custody, UCCJEA, children's welfare and other parenting rights matters. From October 2011 to August 2012 (11 months) http://www.fathers4kids.comSenior Financial Analyst - Supply Chain @ - Broad experience in financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Strong business operations, management, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient user of many ERP systems, tools and processes.
- Ability to work effectively with teams and measure the impact of business initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills; able to speak effectively and persuasively.
- Experienced in people management and staff development.
Temporary contract assignment in financial/accounting capacity for Sikorsky Global Helicopters, a division of United Technologies. I was placed there through The Mergis Group, a staffing company based out of King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. (see below) From April 2011 to November 2011 (8 months) PennsylvaniaSenior Financial Analyst - Supply Chain @ Temporary contract assignment in financial/accounting capacity for United Technologies, in their Sikorsky Global Helicopters division in Pennsylvania. I was placed there through The Mergis Group, a staffing company based out of King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. (see above) From April 2011 to November 2011 (8 months) PennsylvaniaSenior Financial and Project Management Professional @ Senior Financial and Project Management Consultant, Temporary Contract Assignment.
Provided PMO support through a special summer assignment to U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Immigrations & Customs Enforcement, Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Systems and Development Division (SDD) -- a branch of US Federal Government, with full-scope background clearance.
Location: Washington, DC & King of Prussia, PA (remotely)
Colleagues, please connect at: [email protected] From June 2010 to September 2010 (4 months) Financial Planning, Procurement & Cost Management @ Financial Planning, Procurement & Cost Management at The Boeing Company in Ridley Park, PA (Philadelphia Site)
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (formally Integrated Defense Systems) - combines weapons & aircraft capabilities, intelligence & surveillance systems, communications architectures & extensive large-scale integration expertise. IDS has three capabilities-driven businesses -- Boeing Military Aircraft, Network & Space Systems, and Global Services & Support.
Worked in Material Cost Management (Finance, Business Operations) role, supporting Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey multi-mission, military, tiltrotor aircrafts. Primary responsibilities were to analyze financial information & associated risks/opportunities, provide internal/external customers and internal management with visibility of financial and operational performance. Developed, reviewed, analyzed and consolidated Estimates at Completion, Earned Value Management as well as other financial and operational forecasts/estimates. Integrated all activities required to plan and support a contract, program, business unit or pool throughout its lifecycle. Developed and maintained cost and schedule performance measurement baselines, prepared variance analysis and quantified data/risks for management action, with mulit-million dollar responsibilities. Reviewed monthly/quarterly performance and variation reports, reconciled and corrected actual and allocated costs. Analyzed business opportunities by assimilating strategic plans and business cases using appropriate financial indexes. Interfaced with various customers as well as industry & government representatives. Provided guidance and recommendations to customers and management, and was a mentee & mentor to others!
● http://www.boeing.com ● My e-mail in contact section.
● Recipient of 2009 Boeing 1) Pride 2) Team and 3) Appreciation Awards
● http://tinyurl.com/Boeing2008 (# 27 ranking for 2008) From November 2008 to May 2010 (1 year 7 months) Ridley Park, PennsylvaniaSenior Financial and Business/IT Professional @ GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), Research and Development (R&D), Finance – Pharmaceutical/Healthcare/Drug Manufacturing Industry.
Work Location: King of Prussia, PA
Position Type: Temporary contract assignment.
GlaxoSmithKline plc, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of pharmaceutical products, over the counter (OTC) medicines, and health-related consumer products worldwide. The company offers prescription medicines to treat a range of conditions, including infections, depression, skin conditions, asthma, heart and circulatory disease, and cancer.
Colleagues, please connect at: [email protected] From September 2010 to 2010 (less than a year) King of Prussia, PennsylvaniaSenior Financial Analyst @ As Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) reporting directly to Divisional CFO, I supported the Finance, Accounting, Management, HR, Legal and Operations teams. Contributed and managed budgeting, forecasting, reporting, trending, variance analysis, business analytics and strategy. Major involvement with P&L, balance sheets, cash flow, capital expenditures, foreign exchanges, reserves, headcount statistics, operational restructuring and ongoing ad hoc requests for CFO, VPs, and various Senior Management/Executives...
About SunGard: With annual revenue exceeding $5 billion, SunGard, a Fortune 500 company, is a global leader in software & processing solutions for financial services, higher education and the public sector. SunGard also helps information-dependent enterprises of all types to ensure the continuity of their business. SunGard serves more than 25,000 customers in more than 50 countries, including the world's 50 largest financial services companies. I worked at Wayne, PA (HQ) location.
● http://www.sungard.com ● http://tinyurl.com/SunGard2008 ●
Primary Industries: Alternative Investments, Banking, Benefit Administration, Capital Markets, Energy, Government, Higher Education, Insurance, Investments, Manufacturing, Public Sector, Securities. From March 2007 to November 2008 (1 year 9 months) Wayne, PennsylvaniaEntrepreneur, Social Media Expert, Connector @ I am a Rainmaker, a Dealmaker and a True Super-Connector. I don't just say "I will do it" -- I actually do it. I've been doing networking ever since the day I can remember - I guess that thing just comes naturally to me. I'm not a magician, but sometimes I can work magic. Tell me, how can I help you? I'm sure there's some way I can... just remember: "Those who ask...Get!"
• As a Connector, I'm a true believer in "Pay-It-Forward" philosophy. See this CIO Magazine article: About me from CIO magazine: http://www.cio.com/article/2431799/consumer-technology/linkedin-s-most-unusual-members--meet-the-super-connected.html
• I am featured in November 2009 book: "Rock The World with Your Online Presence: The Roadmap to a Multi-Platinum Linkedin Profile"
• I am on Gist: http://gist.com/burda
• I am on CodeCademy: http://www.codecademy.com/profiles/burda
• I'm a professional hobbyist Photographer.
• In the future, you have no shareholders. You have no rivals, no partnership, no customers. You have neither accomplishments nor challenges. No one does, because the future hasn't happened yet. It is a white canvas. A clean slate. A blank sheet. ...How will you write it? From January 1992 to March 2008 (16 years 3 months) Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaSenior Financial Analyst (Reported to Finance Director) @ ● Promoted from Sr. Financial Analyst; Financial Leadership Development Program (FLDP 3-year Program June 2003 - June 2006)
Senior Financial Analyst:
• Responsible for various departmental analyses of Accounts Payable, Treasury and Cash Management.
• Weekly/monthly/quarterly tracking and ownership of P&L, Balance Sheets, Cash Flow and Dashboards.
• Performed ongoing financial research, investigations, reconciliations & presentations of various reporting.
• Reported to the Treasurer, working closely with staff & senior managers on critical business issues.
• Well-versed in financial & accounting systems (including SAP, PeopleSoft, TeamTrack, Excel Macros)
• Successfully supervised a small group of staff accountants and AP/AR clerks. From June 2006 to February 2007 (9 months) Sr. Financial Analyst; Financial Leadership Development Program (FLDP) @ About me & my program: Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) at Lockheed Martin is designed to prepare high potential employees for future positions in financial leadership. The program is a structured three-year curriculum with a combination of on-the-job experience and formal classroom training. My rotational assignments incorporated aspects of financial planning and analysis, estimating and cost control, cash analysis, program accounting and finance, contracts, auditing, capital planning, strategy, budgeting/overhead, tactical staffing, business management and information technologies. As you can see, the experiential part of the program is comprised of job rotations and special projects, designed to provide a broad set of experiences. Each assignment concluded with a formal performance appraisal to assist with career planning and development. Location worked: King of Prussia, PA.
• Graduated FLDP Program in 2006 with Highest Recommendations.
• More details are found here: http://tinyurl.com/BurdaFLDP From June 2003 to June 2006 (3 years 1 month) King of Prussia, PennsylvaniaMember and Volunteer @ The Jewish Relief Agency is a dynamic, volunteer-driven organization whose goal is to help Jews in need. Since its founding in 2000, JRA has been bringing together individuals of all means, ages and backgrounds each month in a spirit of community and tikkun olam. Through the efforts of JRA’s community of volunteers, JRA is providing monthly food relief packages to thousands of low-income Jewish families throughout the Greater Philadelphia area. From February 2001 to May 2003 (2 years 4 months) http://www.jewishrelief.orgLeadership Development Program; Strategic Operations & Finance @ CIGNA HealthCare, Bloomfield, CT
Leadership Development Program; Strategic Service Operations Intern
• Attributed to the development of virtual iCare operational system by testing acceptance scripts and writing expected results for regression of internal programs.
• Worked with budgets and allocation of resources within the finance departments across regions.
• Analyzed data for volume assessment on eService, call volume for Flexible Spending Accounts and forecasts concerning Interactive Voice Response usage and Computer Telephony Integration.
• Implemented and trained Computer Telephony Integration transfer technology for 300+ employees. From May 2002 to August 2002 (4 months) Investment Banking Internship - SalomonSmithBarney @ CITIGROUP, SALOMON SMITH BARNEY
Investments, Retirement and Portfolio Management; Internship
• Prepared series of annual reports (using Excel and PowerPoint) and diversification profiles, which the Financial Consultants presented to over 800 of their clients.
• Worked with the ACT! contact management software, maintained and updated profiles of clients to ensure that all contact information is current and accurate; monitored weekly stock performance.
• Created quarterly financial prospects, client maintenance letters, reports and other visual charts/graphs.
• Direct interaction and exposure to Mutual Funds portfolio managers and Investment Banking executives.
• Acquired deep understanding of retirement/401(k) plans, mutual/stock funds, and other investment vehicles.
I worked at Bala Cynwyd, PA location. From 2001 to May 2002 (1 year) King of Prussia, PennsylvaniaAssistant Manager / Business and Budget Associate @ Network Business Services - Philadelphia, PA
• Business & Legal Advisory Services & Solutions, Consulting, Editing, Printing, Publishing, Budget, Invoicing & Tax Preparations.
• I helped a wonderful family run their day-to-day business operations (part-time). This was while I was full-time in High School and in early years of college. I learned a great deal during these few years!
• The way to learn to do things is to do things. The way to learn a trade is to work at it. Success teaches how to succeed. Begin with the determination to succeed, and the work is half done already. From November 1998 to January 2002 (3 years 3 months) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
DBA, Doctor of Business Administration, Management, Leadership, Social Impact Management @ University (Doctorate Degree Program)Professional Training Certificate @ Dale Carnegie From 2009 to 2009 Post-MBA, Int'l Business & Management @ Villanova University From 2006 to 2007 MBA, Summa Cum Laude, Finance & Management @ Saint Joseph's University From 2004 to 2006 Financial Leadership Development Curriculum II - (FLDC II), Case Studies on Financial Decisions & Business Management @ Lockheed Martin - Internal Course Level 2 From 2004 to 2004 Financial Leadership Development Curriculum I - (FLDC I), Government Accounting, Contracts and Financial Reporting @ Lockheed Martin - Internal Course Level 1 From 2003 to 2003 BBA - Magna Cum Laude, Finance & Economics (minor in Russian) @ Temple University - Fox School of Business and Management From 1999 to 2003 Diploma with Honors, General Studies @ George Washington High School From 1995 to 1999 General @ Baldi Middle SchoolExecutive Education (anticipated), (anticipated) High Potentials Leadership Program (HPLP) @ Harvard Business School Steven MBA is skilled in: Financial Analysis, Financial Planning, Financial Reporting, Corporate Finance, Financial Modeling, Financial Management, Project Finance, Financial Accounting, Accounting, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Management Consulting, Consultancy, Strategic Consulting, Strategic Planning, Business Planning, Economics, Russian, Ukrainian, Fluent English, Business English, Father, Contract Management, Managerial Finance, Strategic Financial..., Microsoft Excel, Consultants, Social Media, English, Microsoft Word, Process Improvement, Forecasting, Finance, Networking, Analysis, Mergers, Business Strategy, Budgets, Risk Management, Business Development, Social Networking, Management, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Start-ups, Recruiting, Business Analysis, Strategy