Senior Vice President Worldwide Sales, Customer Success, and Services @ PagerDuty
Senior Vice President, Worldwide Sales @ Demandware, a Salesforce company
VP Sales & General Manager @ MicroStrategy
Bachelor of Arts @
University of Michigan
I specialize in building high performance field teams in the cloud computing (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and enterprise software space. I have led revenue operations up to hundreds of millions USD supporting both domestic (US) and international markets (EMEA, Canada, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, and Japan). I am passionate about maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction, innovation, integrity, employee
I specialize in building high performance field teams in the cloud computing (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and enterprise software space. I have led revenue operations up to hundreds of millions USD supporting both domestic (US) and international markets (EMEA, Canada, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, and Japan). I am passionate about maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction, innovation, integrity, employee satisfaction, and operational excellence that together produce sustainable success.
* (15) years as VP Sales / General Manager at large public companies: Symantec / Veritas, Oracle, PwC (IBM), MicroStrategy -- as well as start-up software companies -- ENXSuite, Adexa.
* (15) years of leading international sales & operations in the Americas, EMEA, Asia-Pacific Japan.
* Proficient in selling Cloud computing: SaaS. IaaS. PaaS. Mobile technologies. Managed services / BPO. On-premises IT.
* Applications software: ERP, BI, CRM, Marketing, SCM, MFG, HRMS, eCommerce. Platforms: SAP, Oracle, Peoplesoft, Manuguistics, MicroStrategy, IBM, HP, SFDC, mobile apps.
* IT infrastructure: database, mobile, storage, security, virtualization, systems management. Platforms: Oracle, Microsoft, HP, IBM, CA, Symantec, custom development.
* US Citizen. Military veteran. Held US Government security clearance.
* Languages: English (fluent). Knowledge of: Korean, Spanish.
Senior VP, Worldwide Sales @ Steven leads worldwide sales for Demandware (NYSE: DWRE) -- the global leader in cloud digital commerce software with a market cap of ~$2+ Billion USD. He is responsible for direct sales, presales, business development, channel sales, inside sales, renewals, and other distribution functions spanning the Americas, Europe, & Asia-Pacific Japan.
Steven is also a board member for Demandware Japan KK.
Demandware first introduced its innovative, enterprise-class cloud commerce platform in 2004 and continues to set the standard for omni-channel commerce. Today we operate over $10 Billion dollars of online revenue for hundreds of customers and over a thousand websites globally, making us one of the top five online businesses worldwide.
Our mission is to enable retailers and branded manufacturers to engage and inspire consumers everywhere, enhance brand value, and grow profitably. Our approach is to partner with our customers, such that their success is aligned with ours both financially and technically. As such, our customer satisfaction rates are among the highest in the industry with renewal rates of 99%+. We serve many of the world's leading retailers and brands collaboratively with 300+ technology partners whose systems and services complement our offerings.
In addition to our customers and partners, we place great value on our employees -- the greatest assets of our organization. We recruit talented, passionate, and fun people who operate with high levels of customer focus, integrity, and team play. We like to promote from within and develop our people holistically both personally and professionally. Many of our executives and vice presidents started with the company during the early years and continued to progress within our company. Our organization is global, diverse, highly engaged, and growing fast offering great career opportunities for interested candidates. So please come check us out! From January 2013 to Present (3 years) VP Sales & General Manager @ A global leader in business intelligence software with 3200 people and ~$700 Million in revenue...MicroStrategy (NASDAQ: MSTR) is a pioneer in BI for cloud (SaaS, PaaS), mobile, social media, & big data... To serve enterprise, government, and SMB markets. MicroStrategy delivers actionable intelligence and transaction services in the cloud, on the web, and via mobile devices... including the iPhone, iPad, & BlackBerry.
Steven led sales & operations for one of the largest business units in the company globally, growing license revenue 100%+. In this role, he had area VPs & directors reporting to him who managed their respective commercial (enterprise, midmarket) and government (Federal, State & Local Gov) sales teams and supporting functions -- direct sales, inside sales, channel sales, presales, professional services, marketing, alliances, business development, and tech support. Responsible to drive rapid license revenue growth, profitable P/L performance, innovation, and 90% + renewal rates. From November 2010 to December 2012 (2 years 2 months) VP Worldwide Sales & Marketing @ ENXSuite is a SaaS / Cloud business intelligence software company acquired in 2011 by INFOR, a $3 Billion global software company.
ENXSuite pioneered an Energy Performance Mgt solution that provides business intelligence targeting retail, telco, CPG, energy, financial services, manufacturing, aerospace & defense, government and other industries.
* As the head of worldwide sales, marketing, and services Steven helped to drive the company's growth from early stages to several rounds of VC funding, setting the firm up for a successful acquisition.
* Built up field operations in US, Canada, Europe, and Asia-Pacific growing license revenue 100%+.
* Led team to acquire customers such as Morgan Stanley, Sears, K-Mart, Lands End, Northrop Grumman, Becker-Underwood, City of Chicago, Logica, Colt Telecomm, BC Government and others operating in over 40 countries. ENX won these global accounts over larger competitors such as SAP, IBM, Oracle, CA, SAS, and other BI vendors.
* As a result, Gartner/AMR cited ENXSuite as a leader in the category based on market traction, product delivery, and strategic vision.
* Implemented SFDC & Jigsaw for CRM. From August 2008 to November 2010 (2 years 4 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Director of Sales, Americas Region @ At $6 Billion in annual revenues, SYMANTEC is the world's 4th largest software company - an industry leader in security, storage, and systems management solutions for enterprises, governments, and consumers worldwide. The Company delivers software via multiple channels: Cloud (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS); managed services; on premises; e-commerce; and consumer electronics retailers.
Steven served as one of the key sales leaders who helped the company grow from $2 Billion to $6 Billion, growing his business 300% during his tenure:
As the Senior Director of Sales for SYMANTEC & VERITAS both, Steven grew the Americas region from tens of millions to hundreds of millions in annual revenue. In this role, he had various regional leaders reporting to him who managed direct sales for enterprise commercial; mid-market commercial; Federal government; state, local government, & education (SLED). In addition to direct sales, his field operation also included inside sales, channel sales, alliances, presales, services, & operations across the US, Canada, and Latin America.
Under Steven’s leadership, the team exceeded their quotas every year growing 50-100% YOY. Led successful vertical GTM campaigns, leveraging internal & external partners such as IBM, HP, Accenture, and others. Implemented scalable sales processes & systems (SFDC, Oracle). From September 2004 to December 2007 (3 years 4 months) San Francisco Bay AreaDirector, Strategic Accounts @ * Managed cross-functional teams to sell multi-million dollar IT programs targeting global accounts. Technology included database and infrastructure; Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), e-Commerce, Supply Chain, Business Intelligence, HRMS, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) initiatives.
* Led strategic sales initiatives to grow new business by driving consultative, solution-selling to C-level executives for variety of key verticals: high tech, financial services, manufacturing, entertainment & media, CPG, distribution, and others. From October 2003 to September 2004 (1 year) San Francisco Bay AreaVP Global Services & Sales @ ADEXA Inc: Supply chain and B2B e-Commerce software company serving global 1000 product companies. Led the company’s growth in key verticals and international markets.
* Managed revenue and operations for a global P/L consisting of the Americas, EMEA, & Asia-Pacific.
* Drove 100%+ top line growth, while improving margins by 20%.
* Led sales and marketing campaigns targeting specific industries (semiconductor, retail, CPG, high tech, MFG, automotive, textiles).
* Forged strategic partnerships with global systems integrators (IBM, HP, Accenture), helping to compete effectively against larger competitors: SAP, Oracle, i2, Manuguistics. From November 2000 to October 2003 (3 years) Greater Los Angeles AreaPrincipal, IT Sales & Services @ Led business development, sales, and account management of strategic, multi-million dollar IT programs serving global 1000 clients -- systems integration and process reengineering of enterprise infrastructure, ERP, e-Commerce, BI, HR, SCM, MFG, CRM, & custom development.
* As the "prime" systems integration lead, was responsible to assess, resell, and implement enterprise technologies on a global scale. Platforms: SAP, Oracle, Peoplesoft, Manugistics, Cognos, Hyperion, IBM, HP, Microsoft, SUN, CA and others.
* Served in several practice leadership roles. Key industry verticals: retail, CPG, apparel, mfg, telco, energy, healthcare, semiconductors, high tech, government.
* Consistently exceeded assigned sales quota, P/L targets, and maintained high levels of client satisfaction.
* Developed, sold, and led a worldwide project for a $33 Billion global client in integrating two multi-billion dollar acquisitions. This program with a budget in the tens of millions involved a worldwide team of 100+ staff who completed the job to exceed client expectations on time and within budget. From December 1996 to November 2000 (4 years) San Francisco Bay AreaCaptain @ After graduating from college, Steven received an active duty commission as a US Army Officer. He completed Officer Basic Course and Airborne School on route to his first active duty assignment - To train reservists in combat skills for deployment in the Gulf War (1990-91).
* He subsequently served in Korea as a platoon leader with the US 2nd Infantry Division leading 50 troops in the demilitarized zone (DMZ). After Korea, Steven was assigned to Hawaii to join the US 25th Infantry Division, where he worked as an executive officer for a company of 135 soldiers. His next assignment with the 25th ID was to serve as a logistics operations officer for a unit of 1000+ troops deployed throughout the Pacific Theater.
* During his military service Steven was promoted twice and honorably discharged. His decorations and awards include: the Army Commendation Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster, Army Achievement Medal, Humanitarian Services Medal, National Defense Service Medal, and Parachutist Badge. While in Korea, his unit also received a citation from the Commander of the 1-506 Infantry Regiment ("Currahee") for supporting operations on the DMZ. From August 1990 to August 1994 (4 years 1 month)
MBA, Graduate Business School @ University of Southern California - Marshall School of Business From 1994 to 1996 Bachelor of Arts, Honors College: Ann Arbor. @ University of Michigan From 1986 to 1990 Steven Chung is skilled in: Executive Management, Sales Management, International Business, Cloud Computing, Social Media, Mobile Software, Software Sales, Enterprise Software, SaaS, Data Management, ERP, CRM software, Supply Chain Software, Supply Chain Management, HRIS
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension