Research Associate @ Department of Economic Opportunity
Teaching Assistant @ Florida State University
Research Associate @ Economists Incorporated
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Economics, 4.0 @
Florida State University
My goal is to keep developing my skill set in economics. I have so far maintained a 4.0 GPA throughout all of my undergraduate studies and throughout all of my graduate studies as well. I have conducted research with a well established professor in labor economics; we are still awaiting feedback from the Journal of Human Resources
My goal is to keep developing my skill set in economics. I have so far maintained a 4.0 GPA throughout all of my undergraduate studies and throughout all of my graduate studies as well. I have conducted research with a well established professor in labor economics; we are still awaiting feedback from the Journal of Human Resources on whether or not they are accepting it. If you would like a resume, please email me: [email protected]
Research Associate @ 1. Automate Excel spreadsheets to allow for more time efficiency and minimize mistakes.
2. Locate areas of high unemployment for foreign investors. From July 2015 to Present (6 months) Tallahassee, Florida AreaTeaching Assistant @ 1. Facilitate learning of Gretl and course material (Gretl is a statistical analysis software).
2. Grade papers. From August 2014 to July 2015 (1 year) Tallahassee, Florida AreaResearch Associate @ 1. SAS: building databases in Excel on labor force characteristics and coding into SAS.
2. Excel spreadsheet management: utilizing vlookups for table and graph creation.
3. Review legal documents: review depositions and documents for fact checking. From January 2015 to April 2015 (4 months) Tallahassee, Florida AreaCoauthor on labor economic paper @ 1. Literature review of relevant economics papers on labor economics; specifically, entrepreneurship and business cycles. This paper was submitted to the Journal of Human Resources and I am listed as coauthor, alongside the main author Dr. Anastasia Semykina. We are currently awaiting feedback. From August 2014 to January 2015 (6 months) Tallahassee, Florida AreaIntern @ 1. Collected data on public pensions (example: police pension funding in Naples).
2. As a team, convinced politicians to attend a pension reform summit. From May 2014 to June 2014 (2 months) Tallahassee, Florida AreaResearch Associate @ 1. Cleaned and analyzed labor economic data from the Current Population Survey.
2. OLS/Prais-Winsten regressions on entrepreneurial and business cycle relationships.
3. Developed research to present at the APEE conference in Las Vegas. From October 2013 to May 2014 (8 months) Tallahassee, Florida AreaSenior Manager + Senior Marketing Data Analyst + Operations Manager @ Promoted to senior manager and senior marketing data analyst.
Current senior manager duties include:
1. Project management.
2. Monitored the fan page, which includes answering people's questions and removing offensive posts.
3. Monitored photographers. I had to make sure they had completed all their responsibilities correctly.
5. Quality Assurance. This involved making sure photography album posts follow guidelines correctly.
6. RSS feed moderation. I moderated Feeddemon (an RSS program) and went through all comments to make sure no negative comments were posted. I logged all the comments that did not fit our guidelines on a Google Document.
Senior Marketing Data Analyst duties include:
1. Trained employees on Facebook insights and completing the duties for number "2" below.
2. My duties were to export monthly insights from the companies Facebook page into Microsoft Excel. In Excel, I would narrow down thousands of data entries into a neat, understandable format. Once done, I would export this to Google Documents and summate the columns that I had narrowed down to show monthly totals for each category. I would analyze the document to see if there was any information missing (indicating one of the employees was not doing their job properly) and make a Google Document listing all of the errors I had found. Finally, I would put the information onto a PSD template (an Adobe Photoshop document) so the boss could present understandable information to his clientele.
Operations Manager duties include:
2. Creating and innovating the current sales system. From October 2012 to January 2013 (4 months) Tallahassee, Florida AreaStore Associate @ 1. Unloaded packages and organized stock room.
2. Packaged units of clothing to transfer to other store locations.
3. Labeled store items with appropriate prices. From May 2011 to August 2011 (4 months) Daytime Employee @ 1. Took customers’ orders/ made customers’ sandwiches.
2. Maintained store to meet health and sanitation standards.
3. Managed on-shelf inventory to keep display stocked. From December 2009 to July 2010 (8 months) Assistant @ 1. Maintained paper document files.
2. Made calls to customers.
3. Organized information in regards to trade shows on Microsoft Excel. From December 2004 to December 2005 (1 year 1 month)
Master of Science (M.S.), Applied Economics, 3.89 @ Florida State University From 2014 to 2015 Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Economics, 4.0 @ Florida State University From 2010 to 2014 Spencer Wilkins is skilled in: Microsoft Excel, Stata, SAS Programming, IMPLAN, Gretl, GIS ArcMaps, R, Research, Economics, Analysis, Data Analysis, PowerPoint, Time Management, Project Management, Facebook
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension