Marketing & Communication Operations Manager @ World Firefighters Games
St Mary's College Crosby
During my career I have successfully performed campaign, event, stakeholder communication and project management roles, across a variety of sectors including: mass participation sporting events, Government Services, major cultural events and tourism. I can creatively work with budgets, people and time. My ‘can do’ attitude to both work and life allows me to thrive on hard work
During my career I have successfully performed campaign, event, stakeholder communication and project management roles, across a variety of sectors including: mass participation sporting events, Government Services, major cultural events and tourism. I can creatively work with budgets, people and time. My ‘can do’ attitude to both work and life allows me to thrive on hard work and challenge, and my energy and passion enables me to establish productive, effective teams. I have excellent written, verbal and digital communication skills.
Stakeholder Engagment & Relations, Communications, Event planning & co-ordination, Event branding & identity, Event operational deliver, Event directional & sponsor signage, marketing strategic planning and implementation, tender and copywriting, project and production management, client relationship management, sponsor management, marketing campaign management.
Manager (Government and Stakeholder Relations) @ From July 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) Brisbane Area, AustraliaPrincipal Advisor (External Affairs) @ - Provide high-level strategic stakeholder engagement advice in relation to:
- Development and implementation of significant projects, such as the SEQ Bus Network Review and other priority activities, as required
- Supporting staff in establishing and strengthening relationships with key project stakeholders
- Provide recommendations and options to the Director and other senior executives on stakeholder engagement issues relating to passenger transport delivery in Queensland
- Coordinate, develop and lead stakeholder engagement activities that assist in delivering our objectives, by:
- Positioning organisation as fast paced, customer and stakeholder responsive, within the public transport industry
- Ensuring public transport information and successes are well publicised to all stakeholders including the general public and Queensland media
- Communicating key messages and consistent performance reporting of the network in a confident, timely and transparent way
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders including local, state and federal governments and departments, industry, delivery partners and other interested parties to assist in the successful delivery of passenger transport throughout Queensland.
- Develop and implement frameworks and systems for managing stakeholder engagement and liaison activities to support the organisations initiatives, projects and activities.
- Lead relevant staff in researching, developing and delivering strategies to engage and/or inform the stakeholders about public transport systems and services in Queensland to improve their efficiency and effectiveness. From June 2013 to June 2014 (1 year 1 month) Brisbane Area, AustraliaMarketing & Communication Operations Manager @ The World Firefighters Games are the Olympics for Firefighters across the globe. The Games are held biennially and offer over 70 different sports. The Games were held in Sydney on the 19 – 28th October 2012. The next games will be held in LA, USA in 2014.
•I was an integral part of the key management structure for the World Firefighters Game’s leading on the operational delivery of the Games. I lead a multidisciplinary events team of contractors, business operators, suppliers, and media/PR agencies.
•Venue management of over 32 different sporting venues including Sydney Olympic Park, Northern Beach’s etc.
•Planned, implemented and delivered a 10 day social events calendar for the 5000 Firefighters.
•Managed all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
•Stakeholder relationship management – liaison with a wide range of government agencies and departments.
•I played a key role in ensuring all relevant stakeholders and sponsors (Government and private sector) were engaged with the branding and marketing of the Games, sponsors included McDonalds, Polar, Destination NSW, Scott Safety and Southern Cross Media.
•Management of branding plan for Games.
•Management of the Volunteer programme.
•Produced and maintained documentation for heath, safety & security management for the event.
•Preparation of briefing and speech notes for attending dignitaries. From July 2012 to June 2013 (1 year) Sydney Area, AustraliaMarketing Campaigns & Communication Executive @ Responsible for delivering the Marketing & Event strategy for Merseytravel’s portfolio of tourism attractions including Mersey ferries, Spaceport, U-boat Story and Manchester Ship Canal Cruises.
• Management of planning and implementation of marketing campaign activity for the four visitor attractions including online, print, TV advertising, Radio, Press and Outdoor media.
• Manage day-to-day activity of Merseytravel’s creative marketing agencies. Ensured all activity actively drove sales and ROI whilst also adhering to Merseytravel’s brand values
• Through the use of a contact list and database I managed a variety of key stakeholders/partners including Liverpool City Council, BBC, Aardman animations (Wallace& Gromit).
• Managed Merseytravel’s sponsorship agreement with Liverpool City Council for community events (including Mathew Street Festival – a Beatles Musical Festival for 500,000 fans).
• Experience of using Intellectual Property Rights within marketing campaigns and promotional collaborations including Ben10 (Cartoon Network) and Sony/Aardman.
• Events & Exhibitions - Planning, coordination and delivery of Merseytravel’s calendar of public events in line with project deadlines, budgets, legislation policy and procedures.
• Represented Merseytravel at key tourism marketing events/ exhibitions events across UK and internationally (Best of Britain and Ireland 2011, Group Leisure and Travel and Shanghai Expo October 2010).
• Website & Brand Management - Lead on the creative planning and implementation of the rebranding of Mersey ferries which included the rebuild of the website. Responsible for content management for three main websites (including online e-commerce shop) From July 2010 to March 2012 (1 year 9 months) Liverpool, United KingdomOnline Marketing Executive @ Marketing planning, design and implementation of online campaigns across the cultural and retail sectors through the use of website promotion, email marketing, SEM and PPC advertising. Creation of online and print media with regular use of the Adobe Creative Suite. Responsible for the implementation and delivery of company social media communications. From June 2008 to September 2009 (1 year 4 months) Liverpool, United Kingdom
1st Class Honours, Marketing @ Leeds Beckett University From 2006 to 2010 St Mary's College Crosby From 1999 to 2005 Woodlands Primary School, Formby Sophie McGuirk is skilled in: Event Management, Event Planning, Coordinating Events, Marketing Communications, Marketing Management, Campaign Plans, Campaign Managment, End to End Campaign..., Media Relations, Media Planning, People Skills, Local Government, Multi-media Marketing..., Online Marketing, Stakeholder Management, Stakeholder Engagement, Email Marketing, Campaign Management, Management, Copywriting, Strategy, Social Media
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension