Bachelors Level – DNAP, National Diploma in Plastic Arts with Distinction, Communication Major @
École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts de Lyon, France
I’m an award winning creative professional with over 15 years of industry experience in art direction, creative strategy, digital marketing, brand strategy, design, user experience, team building and mentoring. Passionate about all things digital, I love helping companies connect and engage with their audiences with empathy, through exciting storytelling and highly memorable brand experiences across multiple channels,
I’m an award winning creative professional with over 15 years of industry experience in art direction, creative strategy, digital marketing, brand strategy, design, user experience, team building and mentoring. Passionate about all things digital, I love helping companies connect and engage with their audiences with empathy, through exciting storytelling and highly memorable brand experiences across multiple channels, platforms and touchpoints.
Creative Direction • Art Direction • Creative Strategy • Brand Strategy • New Business Development • Team Building • Management • Mentoring • Agile Methodology • Waterfall Methodology • Client Relations • Conceptual Thinking • Brainstorming • User Experience • Usability • Second-Screen Experiences • Fully Immersive Brand Experiences • Pan-European Campaigns • Global Campaigns • 360 Degree Campaigns • Social Media Campaigns • Gamification • Graphic Design • Branding • Layout • Typography • Illustration • Storyboarding • Art Directing Photo Shoots • User Interface Design • User-Centered Design • Mobile App Design • Responsive Web Design
• Cannes Lions: Cyber Lion Gold
• Broadcast Digital Awards: Best Website / App
• The Drum Online Media Awards: Editorial Campaign Of The Year, Commendation
• Website Of The Year: Best Website Of The Year, News & Information
• The Drum Online Media Awards: Best Designed Site, Commendation
• New Media Age - Econsultancy: Top 100 Interactive Agencies in UK, No.1
• Revolution Awards - Haymarket Events: Best Consumer Marketing
Creative Director Consultant @ • Digital creative direction for an award winning live events company. Design and brand consultancy for the Invictus Games 2016.
Clients: Donaldson Creative, The Invictus Games Foundation. From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaArt Director @ Formerly known as BSkyB, now called Sky UK, part of Sky plc, Europe's leading entertainment company. Firstly as a freelance Art Director, then as a permanent employee from July 2012.
• Art Directed fully responsive, cross-platform, second screen experience to cover Scottish Referendum live on Sky News.
• Served as creative lead on Sky News eco-system of apps, promoting and looking after the iPad app, iPhone app (4.5M hits per day and up to 1M daily unique visitors) and OTT streaming apps for Apple TV, Roku, Xbox 360 and Samsung Smart TV.
• Led art direction and delivery of story-based interactive content for Sky News’ suite of apps and platforms, including 2014 Elections, online game for the 20th anniversary of NBC’s sitcom “Friends” and the Oscars® 2014, among others.
• Art Directed the successful and award winning “Stand Up Be Counted” 360 degree campaign for 16-25 year olds, increasing young people’s political engagement. Turnout among young voters has jumped to 60% at the last General Election in UK.
• Worked on redesign of SkyNews.com (2012-2013), increasing audience by 50% since relaunch. Site was awarded Best Website of the Year in News and Information, and Best Designed Site, among others.
• Designed and art directed touchscreen experience for Frontline, a successful interactive exhibition in London.
• Art directed an on-screen troubleshooting tool integrated to the Sky Hub 2, a fibre broadband router conceived in-house.
• Worked on design and delivery of Sky.com homepage in 2013, and ideation and prototypes for its responsive evolution.
Clients: Sky News, Sky News Technology, Sky Broadband & Talk, Sky e-Experience. From November 2011 to January 2015 (3 years 3 months) Creative Consultant @ Freelancing via Parasol Ltd. Agencies include Amp London, Digital & Direct, Digitas Health, Fortune Cookie and MRM//McCann, among others.
• Drove new business development and provided consulting for several digital agencies in London.
• Digital Creative Director on HTC media campaign in Europe, Middle-East, Africa, South America and Australasia at Amp London.
• Played key role on Europcar’s first Facebook pan-European campaign and the EcoDrive microsite to promote its green fleet.
• Worked on marketing campaigns for AstraZeneca, Pfizer and Sanofi at Digitas Health London.
• Created digital rich-media campaign for Vodafone, and worked on the design of the Red Bull Racing iPhone and iPad apps.
Clients: American Express, AstraZeneca, BP, Butlins, Crombie, Chesterton Humberts, David Tait x NSPCC, Equity Trust, Europcar, Google UK, Lucozade, HarperCollins Publishers, HTC, Mars, NEST, Pfizer, Red Bull, Sanofi, Sodexo, Timberland, TUI Travel, Vodafone. From February 2010 to July 2012 (2 years 6 months) London, United KingdomAssociate Creative Director @ Formerly known as Sapient Interactive London, now called SapientNitro, part of Publicis Groupe.
• Hired, managed and trained a team of Web Designers and Art Directors, part of the Graphic Design Domain at Sapient London.
• Fulfilled role of Associate Creative Director on the relaunch of the Epson website for the European market.
• Oversaw creation of social apps and several developments for Vodafone UK and ZYB Mobile.
• Handled new business development and consulting, including design of successful pitch for AutoTrader’s first iPhone app.
• Assisted in Sapient London achieving #1 ranking in the New Media Age-Econsultancy Top 100 Interactive Agencies in UK.
Clients: Diageo, Electronic Arts, Epson, Mouchel, NHS, Star Alliance, T-Mobile, Trader Media Group, Vodafone, ZYB Mobile. From January 2008 to November 2009 (1 year 11 months) London, United KingdomCreative Director Consultant @ Formerly known as Pod1 London, now called Born, part of Born Group.
• Led creative professionals in improving delivery process, and hiring new team members and contractors to fill skills gaps.
• Consulted and helped deliver several strategic eCommerce solutions and websites for major UK brands, including Anya Hindmarch, Fat Face, Jane Norman, Links of London and Fred Olsen Cruise Lines.
• Conceived and delivered several rich-media campaigns for financial companies, including Picture Financial and Schroders.
• Created an interactive rich-media experience with 3D animations to promote new Kenwood’s K-Mix range across Europe.
Clients: Anya Hindmarch, Fat Face, Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, Hiscox, Jane Norman, Kenwood, Killik & Co, Links of London, Picture Financial, Schroders. From June 2007 to December 2007 (7 months) Senior Art Director @ Formerly known as Modem Media / Digitas London, now called DigitasLBi, part of Publicis Groupe.
• Served as Creative Lead on the Opel brand for General Motors, including digital campaigns, email marketing, microsites and the ongoing improvement of the main Opel website for the pan-European market.
• Art directed high profile and rich-media digital campaigns to promote the launch of new Opel cars across Europe, featuring a soccer celebrity and a partnership with Sony Pictures, among others.
• Worked on winning pitch for Shell and delivered interactive content to improve online presence.
• Created successful 360 degree campaign for Hewlett-Packard, including the design and production of limited edition toys, with 40,000 units sent as a direct marketing piece across Europe.
Clients: General Motors, Hewlett-Packard, Shell. From June 2005 to June 2007 (2 years 1 month) London, United KingdomArt Director Freelance @ Formerly known as Ogilvy Interactive London, now called OgilvyOne, part of WPP.
• Provided creative leadership and art direction on pan-European Sunsilk portal for Unilever, including video tips and animations. Website was deployed to North American market as well.
Clients: American Express, British Telecom, IBM, Nestlé, Unilever. From December 2004 to June 2005 (7 months) London, United KingdomSenior Art Director @ Formerly known as Agency.com London, now called Designory, part of Omnicom. Firstly as an Art Director, then as a Senior Art Director from March 2004.
• Served as Creative Lead on BT Broadband account for British Telecom. Art directed several campaigns, landing pages, retention campaign and installation CD-Roms. Won Haymarket’s Revolution Award for Best Consumer Marketing.
• Art directed and delivered the FIFA 2003 promotional and community portal for Electronic Arts.
• Worked with Agency.com Paris on the successful launch of “Glow by J-Lo” for Jennifer Lopez and Lancaster.
• Art directed and delivered The Prince’s Drawing School website for HRH Prince Charles and The Prince's Foundation.
Clients: British Telecom, Electronic Arts, Lancaster, National Grid Transco, The Prince’s Foundation, T-Mobile. From May 2002 to August 2004 (2 years 4 months) London, United KingdomArt Director @ Formerly known as eMC Saatchi London, now called LIDA, part of M&C Saatchi. Firstly as a Senior Designer, then as an Art Director from January 2001.
• Art Directed police recruitment site part of a $1.5M integrated campaign in the UK. Won Cyber Lion Gold award at Cannes.
• Conceived one of the most successful B2B banner campaigns for British Telecom.
• Worked as Creative Lead on the MG account, delivering Flash microsites and games to launch their new range of cars.
• Participated in successful pitches and helped M&C Saatchi to win the Nestlé All Stars account.
Clients: Asprey & Garrard, British Telecom, COI, The Guardian, Home Office, KPMG, MG, Nestlé, Qantas, Scottish Courage, Screenvision, SimplyGames. From May 2000 to April 2002 (2 years) London, United KingdomSenior Designer @ Company no longer trading.
• Designed, illustrated and delivered a Shockwave game for Guinness.
• Created concept and Flash prototypes for a touchscreen kiosks for Guinness.
• Designed, illustrated and delivered a Shockwave game for Bacardi Breezer.
Clients: Bacardi, Guinness, Kraft Foods UK. From September 1999 to May 2000 (9 months) London, United KingdomCreative Manager @ Formerly known as MMD Lausanne, part of PubliGroupe. Now called Namics. Firstly as a Web Designer, then as a Creative Manager from April 1999.
• Created the marketing material to launch SwissOnline, the first mainstream internet provider in Switzerland.
• Designed and delivered the first corporate website of PubliGroupe and all the Publicitas local agencies.
• Designed the Yellow Pages website for the Swiss market.
• Designed and delivered the first rich-media website made with Flash Generator for a major Swiss bank.
Clients: Banque Cantonale de Genève, Banque Cantonale Vaudoise, de Rham Immobilier, Der Landbote, ELCA, Le Nouveau Quotidien, Le Nouvelliste, LTV Yellow Pages, Mediaweb, Mosse Adress, ofa Orell Füssli Werbe, Perreten & Milleret, Providentia, Publicitas, PubliGroupe, Publimedia, Real Media, Sion 2006, Swiss Excellence, Swisscom, Swissimo, Swiss Online, World Health Organization. From July 1996 to August 1999 (3 years 2 months)
Masters Level – Graduate Diploma, Advanced Degree in Computer Graphics @ ECAL – University of Art and Design Lausanne, Switzerland From 1994 to 1996 Bachelors Level – DNAP, National Diploma in Plastic Arts with Distinction, Communication Major @ École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts de Lyon, France From 1991 to 1994 Secondary Level – High-School Diploma, Baccalaureate of Philosophy, Literature and Arts @ Lycée Emmanuel Mounier Grenoble, France From 1988 to 1991 Serge Manoukian is skilled in: Creative Direction, User Experience, Art Direction, User Interface Design, Creative Strategy, Graphic Design, Digital Marketing, Web Design, Information Architecture, Brand Development, Advertising, Content Strategy, Integrated Marketing, Interactive Advertising, Typography
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension