Oversee the integration of Workman’s publicity and marketing departments and manage all aspects of the department, including publicity, marketing, social media, strategic marketing, digital marketing, advertising and corporate communications. Responsible for creating cohesive title-by-title plans for the front list, and to ensure backlist programs have appropriate publicity and marketing support. Andi in partnership with the calendar publisher,
Oversee the integration of Workman’s publicity and marketing departments and manage all aspects of the department, including publicity, marketing, social media, strategic marketing, digital marketing, advertising and corporate communications. Responsible for creating cohesive title-by-title plans for the front list, and to ensure backlist programs have appropriate publicity and marketing support. Andi in partnership with the calendar publisher, bring full publicity and marketing muscle to the calendar sales effort.
Executive Director of Publicity and Marketing @ From November 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Greater New York City AreaExecutive Director of Publicity @ Workman Publishing Executive Director of Publicity; New York
• Oversee a staff of six full-time and three part-time publicists working on 40 frontlist titles, plus Workman's full backlist.
• Coordinate with marketing, national sales, independent sales, gift sales, special sales, editorial, promotions, library marketing, production, and the executive team to develop release campaigns
• Oversee an average of 18, 10-20 city author tours per year
• Book national television, radio, and print for frontlist titles
• Execute and oversee ongoing campaigns for leading brands including What to Expect When You’re Expecting, BrainQuest, Workman Calendars, 1,000….Before You Die.
• Developed and oversaw the 20th anniversary promotional tour of BrainQuest to 100 cities. A campaign that led to a 60% increase in sales and a significant increase in visibility across accounts and has become an annual event.
• Work with partners on various projects including Warner Music Nashville, Chrysler, and Weber
• Generate industry press and recognition on corporate news, initiatives, and publishing trends as well as trade reviews of individual books.
• Present positioning and plans to sales force and update on weekly campaign developments.
• Handle all corporate communications.
• Plan corporate annual events including the BEA and holidays parties.
• Manage campaigns and publicists for New York Times bestsellers including Frog Trouble by Sandra Boynton, Planet Barbecue by Steven Raichlen, The Cake Mix Docto Returns by Anne Byrn, 1,000 Places to See Before You Die by Patricia Schultz, History Decoded by Brad Meltzer, Unlikely Loves and Unlikely Friendships by Jennifer Holland, Safari by Dan Kanien and Carol Kauffman, Dancers Among Us by Jordan Matter, Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon, Real Happiness by Sharon Salzberg, 1,000 Recordings to Hear Before You Die by Tom Moon, and I Will Teach You to Be Rich by Ramit Sethi From December 2008 to Present (7 years 1 month) Greater New York City AreaPublicity Manager, The Crown Publishing Group @ • Implement publicity campaigns for lead authors across categories including cooking (Martha Stewart, Bobby Flay, Tom Colicchio); current affairs (Kerry Kennedy, Bob Baer); health (Jillian Michaels); home design (Celerie Kemble); pop culture (New York Times Modern Love column, Ed Klein, Jerry Oppenheimer) and humor (Joy Behar, Rita Rudner, Paul Feig)
• Tour with A-list authors including Bobby Flay and Martha Stewart
• Attend editorial meetings for Clarkson Potter and Potter Style as a voice to decide what books to acquire
• Develop seasonal publicity plans and manage the execution by assigned publicists for the Clarkson Potter and Potter Style imprints. Includes creating a budget and tour for each title and presenting the plan to the publishers
• Generated a Potter Style visibility campaign. Turned the gifts and stationary imprint from one with no publicity attention to one with mentions across national media including the CBS Early Show, National Public Radio, Everyday with Rachael Ray, Seventeen, Ladies’ Home Journal and Cosmopolitan, which led to record direct-to-consumer sales for the Random House website.
• Prepare and implement sensitive campaigns for embargoed books including salacious unauthorized biographies, political news-breakers, and entertainment tell-alls
• Plan all departmental events including: the annual Book Expo (150 person seated dinner, author autographing, and author keynote speaking engagements), company holiday party, and imprint specific “Meet-the Author” media luncheons
• New York Times bestsellers include Bobby Flay’s Grill It; Making The Cut by Jillian Michaels, Being Catholic Now by Kerry Kennedy, The Devil We Know by Robert Baer, ChefMD’s Big Book of Culinary Medicine by John La Puma, M.D., Superstud by Paul Feig, Katie by Edward Klein and Change Your Brain, Change Your Life by Daniel Amen, M.D. From November 2003 to December 2008 (5 years 2 months) Greater New York City AreaIntern, Ebury Press @ From January 2003 to June 2003 (6 months) London, United KingdomAccount Manager @ From April 2001 to April 2002 (1 year 1 month) Greater New York City AreaBusiness Development Manager @ From September 2000 to February 2001 (6 months) Greater New York City AreaProject Manager @ • Managed new projects for the corporate website and intranet
• Liaison between Corporate Communications/Public Affairs/Investor Relations and Corporate Information Technology departments
• Developed concept, content, and copy for recruitment website
• Organized corporate “State Of Business” meetings with division heads From June 1999 to September 2000 (1 year 4 months) Greater New York City Area
Masters of Arts, Publishing @ City University (GB) From 2002 to 2003 Bachelor of Arts (BA), Business Administration and Management, General @ Gettysburg College From 1995 to 1999 Madison High SchoolMadison High School Selina Meere is skilled in: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Customer Service, PowerPoint, English, Windows, Research, Outlook, Public Speaking, Strategic Planning, Budgets, Negotiation, Publicity, Public Relations
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension