Business Intelligence Service Manager @ Vodafone UK
Business Intelligence Operations Authority @ Vodafone UK
Masters, Computer Applications @
Sikkim Manipal University of Health, Medical and Technological Sciences
Sean is currently CRM and Billing Operations Manager at Vodafone UK, and previously BI Service and Operations Manager at Vodafone UK and Head of BI at Cable & Wireless Communications, with experience in the telecommunications industry having proven track record of designing and delivering IT solutions to the highest standards, meeting customer requirements, managing suppliers and ensuring
Sean is currently CRM and Billing Operations Manager at Vodafone UK, and previously BI Service and Operations Manager at Vodafone UK and Head of BI at Cable & Wireless Communications, with experience in the telecommunications industry having proven track record of designing and delivering IT solutions to the highest standards, meeting customer requirements, managing suppliers and ensuring that operational integrity is maintained.
CRM and Billing Operations Manager @ • Taking the organisations Service Management and Business Strategy as an input and establishing a framework of standards, guidance, processes and procedures for Billing and CRM Service Operations.
• Supplier management of a multi-tier supplier model spread across global locations.
• Establishing and driving team and service provider performance to meet end-to-end SLAs, building a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement shared by all.
• Ensure the People, Processes and Tools are in place to meet the needs of the business.
• Manage Shift Operations to form a seamless round the clock support model and enhanced support models for peak demand periods.
• Develop Incident Management Capabilities to cater for incident s from single customer impact, up to Major Operational Impacting events / incidents.
• Sponsor Problem management activities relating to Service Failures and issues.
• Develop and enhance Event Management & monitoring capabilities to deliver operational visibility and management of key Billing and CRM Services.
• Working closely with stakeholders throughout the business and service management, being responsible for designing and implementing processes to ensure SLA's are met.
• Leading, managing, motivating and developing direct reports to ensure growth, development and departmental objectives are met.
• Managing the budget for assigned area of responsibility.
• Work with Service Delivery and Project teams to identify and exploit improvement opportunities, including identify, plan and execute process steps or services to be introduced / retired to ensure a seamless transition to operations.
• Implement ITIL best practices in processes as required.
• Ensuring application / team conformity to ITSM / ICM / SOX / PCI guidelines.
• Interaction with key stakeholders (including up to CxO level) to gain executive support for service improvement initiatives.
• Third party vendor negotiation and relationship management. From December 2014 to Present (11 months) Newbury, BerkshireBusiness Intelligence Service Manager @ • Manage Business relationships to ensure that the service provider can meet customer requirements.
• Participating in negotiating SLAs and OLAs relating to service and be able to influence external partner organisation, to ensure services are delivered against SLA’s, and represents the Service customers.
• Assure the day to day delivery of services through external partnerships, including design for operability.
• Ensuring that the ongoing service delivery and support meet agreed customer requirements.
• Assisting in defining service models and in assessing the impact of new services or changes to existing services through the service portfolio management process.
• Identifying opportunities for service improvements, discussing these with the customer and suppliers, raising RFCs as appropriate, driving suppliers to improve operational performance as part of continuous improvement plans
• Actively engage in managing the Business Intelligence business relationships.
• Challenge and improve existing implementation and service management methods (ITIL based).
• Lead operational knowledge improvement by demonstrating to others self-awareness and continual personal development.
• Develop ITIL best practises for IT Service Operational Management. From April 2014 to November 2014 (8 months) Newbury, BerkshireBusiness Intelligence Operations Authority @ Act as the Operations Lead for the Business Intelligence domain, ensuring operational stability for all domain systems. Working with the domain partner, infrastructure partners, ITIL teams (in Service Operations function), the IT Performance team and the domain leads to:
* Drive the domain partner to deliver higher and more consistent service levels through continuous improvements leading to a higher quality of service for Vodafone UK by focussing both performance and process
* Lead service reviews with the domain partners
* Represent the domain within Operational Review Meetings
* Become embedded in the operational governance for the domain, including change management, incident management and problem management.
* Accountable person for the quality of the domain operations environment and the delivery of its associated KPI
* Where necessary, bring key knowledge, drive and understanding into the War Room to minimise the impact to the customers through faster resolution of service
* Drive domain improvement activities
* Be recognised as operational stakeholder within the domain for all key programmes including capacity and uplift
* Actively engage in managing the relationship with our internal partners
* Champion industry best practice within operation team
* Ability to lead virtual and Partner based teams to deliver operational excellence via strong leadership and co-ordination management
* Advise Heads of Department, Heads of Domain, authorities and specialists on operations
* Ensure suppliers adhere to applicable Vodafone procedures and standards
* Ensure suppliers update and maintain capacity plans, pro-active health checks, maintenance activities and Root Cause Analysis and provide permanent fixes
* Drive suppliers to improve operational performance as part of continuous improvements
* Managing external partner relationships with an understanding of the financial constructs that exist between all parties.
* Ensure PCI/SOX compliance for all relevant processes From September 2012 to March 2014 (1 year 7 months) Newbury, BerkshireHead of Business Intelligence @ • Overall responsibility for group operational reporting system and BI solutions, strategy and delivery, distributed across several global locations, and supporting Business Intelligence and operation reporting requirements for over a thousand users.
• Managing an international design and delivery team and setting up an onshore - offshore delivery framework.
• Ensure that all milestones are achieved within the agreed timeframes and leading the team through the full development lifecycle, from recruitment, design, development, QA, system and unit testing, user training, documentation and change management.
• Delivery of an enterprise wide data warehousing and self-service BI solution (SAP Business Intelligence 4.0).
• Streamline deployments through use of automated tools.
• Led project to virtualize BI environment for business to reduce costs and improve operational efficiency.
• BI budget management.
• Steer Business Intelligence debate across the group, define BI roadmap, BI Governance.
• Interaction with key stakeholders (including up to CxO level) to gain executive support for BI initiatives.
• Identifying change opportunities and planning all changes through stakeholder engagement, analysis and participation.
• To work with compliance to ensure that systems produce regulatory tracking data and operational audits.
• Reduce impact of change on businesses, while increasing operational efficiency.
• Operations risk management and ensure that backup plans, disaster recovery processes are in place and ensure that they are periodically evaluated to bring up-to-date.
• Ensure adherence to industry best practices and standards
• Third party vendor negotiation and relationship management.
• Mentor analysts and graduates to develop individual talent and capability.
• Actively promote the use of open source technology.
• Identify gaps in skill and encourage a learning culture across the team to increase expertise and effectively contribute towards roadmap objectives. From August 2011 to September 2012 (1 year 2 months) London, United KingdomInsight Development Team Leader @ Managing a team of analysts and technical domain specialists, to ensure that all milestones are achieved within the agreed timeframes and leading the team through the full development lifecycle, from recruitment, design, development, QA, system and unit testing, user training, documentation and change management. From June 2010 to August 2011 (1 year 3 months) London, United KingdomInsight Analyst @ Requirements gathering, design, prototyping, software delivery From June 2009 to June 2010 (1 year 1 month) London, United KingdomFacilities and Marketing Manger @ • Developed website for group using CSS and Adobe CS4 (Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Fireworks).
• Supported other IT functions of the business such as the intranet development, using PHP.
• Designing marketing material, researching opportunities in the healthcare industry and drawing up policies to market the services offered by the company and advertise the same.
• Asset Manager for all DMC Healthcare sites across South East England. From November 2008 to June 2009 (8 months) London, United KingdomWebsite Designer @ From August 2008 to September 2008 (2 months) Lancaster, United KingdomInternship @ • Part of a company project at Lancaster University which allowed me to interact with a Microsoft partners throughout UK and America, in order to understand the complexities of the partner network and the varied views of Microsoft partners.
• Triangulate the varied views of the several stakeholders involved in the partner network to understand the root cause of partner dissatisfaction and provide recommendations to Microsoft and develop a framework that Microsoft can use to identify key partners.
• Develop strategies to be used when interacting with partners so as to ensure long term success of the partnership, maintain partner loyalty and constantly reward partner contributions. From April 2008 to September 2008 (6 months) Reading, United KingdomWebsite Designer @ From November 2007 to April 2008 (6 months) Lancaster, United KingdomWebsite Designer @ From November 2007 to April 2008 (6 months) Manchester, United KingdomData Architect @ From May 2007 to September 2007 (5 months) Kolkata Area, India
M.Sc., Information Technology Management and Organizational Change @ Lancaster University From 2008 to 2009 Masters, Computer Applications @ Sikkim Manipal University of Health, Medical and Technological Sciences From 2005 to 2007 M.Sc., Computer Science @ St. Xavier's College - Calcutta University From 2005 to 2007 B.Sc. (Hons.), Computer Science @ St. Xavier's College - Calcutta University From 2002 to 2005 Sean Auckland is skilled in: Business Intelligence, IT Strategy, Telecommunications, ITIL, Management, ETL, Team Management, Microsoft SQL Server, Visio, Business Objects, Business Analysis, Software Project..., Project Planning, Cloud Computing, Contract Management, Service Delivery, Data Analysis, C++, Change Management, Project Management, Strategic Roadmaps, Budgeting, Budget Management, Contract Negotiation, Churn Management, Executive Reporting, Financial Reporting, Architecture, Reporting & Analysis, Global Delivery, International Business..., International Business..., Offshore Management, SQL Server, Flex, ASP.NET, Oracle SQL, Visual Basic, Operations Management, ITIL v3 Foundations..., Billing Systems, Team Building, CRM, Strategy, Team Leadership
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension