HRIS BUSINESS ANALYST - HR PROJECT COORDINATOR (WORKDAY, PEOPLESOFT, KRONOS) @ Zero-Point, Business Solutions (Self Employment)-VARIOUS HRIS CONTRACTS & PROJECTS OVER 16 Yrs
HRIS Business Analyst (PeopleSoft 9.2 & Workday 27) @ CompuCom (Contractor via Matrix4)
Freelance Professional 4 Hire - HRIS Analyst & Health IT Analyst EHR (Available for Immediate Hire) @ Zero-Point, Business Solutions-LLC., (self-employed, small business - no brick/mortar)
Associate of Science Degree, General Studies; Business Information Systems @
WHAT I AM AND WHAT I CAN CONTRIBUTE FROM DAY 1:
Analysis, IT Support, Bus. Administration, HR, HCM, Marketing, Documentation, Payroll --you can't miss me. The companies and organizations that have utilized my services saw that my versatility allowed them to draw me into existing projects, that required unique skill-sets, or combinations thereof...along with the ability to
WHAT I AM AND WHAT I CAN CONTRIBUTE FROM DAY 1:
Analysis, IT Support, Bus. Administration, HR, HCM, Marketing, Documentation, Payroll --you can't miss me. The companies and organizations that have utilized my services saw that my versatility allowed them to draw me into existing projects, that required unique skill-sets, or combinations thereof...along with the ability to jump onto a "moving train" so to speak. While not an expert by any stretch, I can add quantifiable value, and a strategic advantage from the very first day!
I am the universal tool, and skeleton-key, to whatever is needed within an organization to get back within scope, and back on track. A tireless, problem-solver, who can think in unconventional ways to approach problems, that traditional methodologies don't fix.
I specialize in joining established projects and teams & contributing immediately towards its goals.
ANALYST vs. CONSULTANT: KNOWING THE DIFFERENCE, AND KNOWING THYSELF
Simply put: An ANALYST is someone who extracts, studies, and manipulates business data, to create strategic business intelligence. To drive smart business decisions. While a CONSULTANT is a subject matter expert (SME), who is well-versed in multiple areas of business, and comes into a project to advise a client on the best course of action. Thus, I am by definition -an ANALYST.
SHORT-TERM CONTRACTS: WHY SO MANY OF THEM AND WHY NOT LONGER?
90% of those projects, were preexisting, short-term, insulated, and modular by nature. My involvement typically was geared towards addressing a key-issue, in order for the existing project to move forward. Large-scale projects usually take a year or more to complete their entire life-cycles. My ability to join active projects smoothly, and contribute from 'day-1' is how I add immediate value.
DEVELOPERS vs CODERS vs DOMAIN SMEs: I am NEITHER of these things.
Configuration is best left to IT experts; Coding and special rules, by Developers, and SMEs for Bus Processing mapping.
HRIS Workday Analyst @ Providing Post-Implementation support for WORKDAY in Human Resources. Maintaining Inbox of requests form Employees, Managers, and Business Partners. I process requests ranging from creation of Supervisory Organizations, Hierarchical changes, and Log-in issues...to changes in personnel information. Additionally my duties include, Performing all of the HRIS related functions that overlap with Compensation, Benefits, Payroll, and Compliance, in support of our global employee network.Currently contracting through MATRIX 4. From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaProprietor/ Independent Business Consultant & Contractor @ While in between contracts, I operate as an independent consultant for my small business venture.
I offer the following custom services to individuals, and both small and medium size businesses:
-Digital Media (photography, video, DVD authoring, desktop publishing)
-Technical Services (desktop support, repair, optimization, and networking)
-Business Services (business plans, marketing plans, custom presentations, imaging, documenting)
-Business Process mapping, documenting, and optimization, based upon OS, platform, and license. From September 2007 to Present (8 years 4 months) Talent Acquisition Specialist - Field Ops @ Contract Recruiter, and Talent Acquisition Specialist for Field Operations and Relief Gen Management From January 2014 to March 2014 (3 months) Interim Payroll Project Manager (Contract Consultant) @ -Managed multiple simultaneous projects with varying degrees of complexity.
-Kept the projects moving forward, and on schedule based upon milestones.
-Heavy and daily documentation and tracking using Symphony Suite
-Supported the implementation of Kronos system upgrades and service packs.
-Maintained progress journals and project notes for archival purposes.
-Performed heavy routine data audits on information contained within the HRIS system.
-Hosted and facilitated multiple meetings with project team, to update status, and get agreements.
-Ensured that milestones are hit, and that all initiatives are kept on schedule, or near schedule.
-Maintained constant contact with internal and external customers, and vendors, to keep the projects on tasks.
-Creates and manages the BRDs (Business Requirement Documents) and submitted them to Legal to vet for release. From October 2013 to December 2013 (3 months) HRIS Business Analyst- Operational Excellence Team (OpX) @ -Supports the implementation of Workday HRIS system via data analysis & validation
-Provides reporting support during Workday implementation and hyper-care·
-Provides on-going support for Legacy system People Soft, and other 3rd party software
-Performs routine data audits on information contained within the HRIS system.·
-Assists with various HR systems activities and projects, including reworks, meeting, action teams
-Act as secondary point of contact for end-user issues; resolve or escalate as necessary·
-Maintains standard reports inventory, updates and revises as necessary to ensure reports are relevant and provide value
-Create and manage ad-hoc, daily, weekly, and special reports as needed by TR Management From May 2013 to September 2013 (5 months) HRIS Payroll Consultant (5-week Project) Independent Contractor @ -Working as HRIS Consultant for Payroll in Washington DC/Virginia area.
-Assisting with Implementation of Year-end activities in payroll
-Responsible for maintenance, backup, and administration of employee pensions
-Implementation of company data into Workday, and Peoplesoft vai ADP Payforce
-Documentation of system changes, and business processes for upgrade
-Maintenance and administration of leave accruals from legacy system into Workday
-Data integrity testing , documentation, and configuration
-Database creation, MS Access Queries, and custom reporting
-Function as liason between Time & Labor, and Payroll department fo year-end processes of W2s From December 2012 to January 2013 (2 months) Business Consultant- Subcontractor (Media projects) @ - Business Process Team member and analyst for continuous Service Management & Improvement
- Oversaw Editing team for Media projects
- Assisted with Business Process mapping and documentation as part of action team
- Database Analyst (MS Access) for Human Resources & Human Capitol Management
- Functions as Project Coordinator on creative projects and media campaigns. Film, Video, Graphics, Audio. From June 2012 to September 2012 (4 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaHCM Workday Analyst (Professional Svcs Group) @ - Received training in the uses, functionality, and basic configuration of the WORKDAY ERP System
- Completed Official Workday facilitated HCM Fundamentals training with Certified Workday trainers
- Received training in creating Supervisory Organizations, Cost Centers, Cost Center Hierarchies, and location
- Received training in the editing, maintenance, and modification of Workday Business Processes and
- Received training to import customer data from PeopleSoft via iLoad.
- Received training in the basic administration of permissions and security in Functional Areas
- Received training in creating, configuring, and modifying Compensation rules, tables, and groups From February 2012 to May 2012 (4 months) HRIS Operations Business Analyst (Peoplesoft Migration Team) @ - Member of migration team for People Soft Upgrade from 8.4 to 9.1.
- Working on PeopleSoft 9.1 Upgrade team with responsibility for executing UAT/ Regression Test plans,
Scenarios, and Comparisons
- Procedural Documentation of Upgrade efforts, and processes in regards to methodology and implementation
- Direct comparison between user environments for PeopleSoft v8.4 / v8.8 / v9.1
- PeopleSoft Security and Verification for User-defined, System-defined, and Custom Roles
- Liaison between the departmental teams and both internal and external customers for updates during
- Acted as a liaison between functional users and information technology developers and specialists
- Audits PeopleSoft Security Permission Lists to ensure accuracy and a timely comparisons of user-roles
- Troubleshooting system and user issues with Logins, access, and systems issues with Security
- Helping develop user training materials, and documentation for end-users after the upgrade
- Investigate, reconcile, and analyze custom user-roles for changes, and permission list changes
- Assist management with researching and analysis of pertinent Undefined areas of security for potential
- Validate that access levels match the designated level of access for each role, and user level
- Reporting of progress for Security portion of upgrade, using MS Access, MS EXCEL, and QC Tools From June 2010 to October 2010 (5 months) PeopleSoft Payroll Compensation Admin/ Database Management in HR / HCM @ - Worked as Compensation Analyst in HR under contractual basis,
- performing Database Administration, updating, and entering of information.
- Prepared weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Researched compensatory trends for entitlements, and performance based compensation.
- Maintained Records of Departmental Budgets.
- Function on contractor basis as compens analyst, in HR.
- Duties include maintaining and updating the employee database, after pulling specialized lists using Query
- PeopleSoft 8 End-User, Processing Employee records and compensation, and documenting system errors.
- Preparing ad-hoc, weekly, monthly, and semi-monthly reports. From June 2007 to July 2008 (1 year 2 months) Perot Systems HRIS Payroll Administrator @ - Handle administrator functions for the PeopleSoft Time & Labor system
- Performed uploads, setting up time records,& managing exceptions.
- Uploading time into the system for payment,& processing.
- Posting entries to payroll & gen ledger from the T&L system.
- Running system generated journals, & reports for payroll.
- Research for issues dealing with vacation, STD, Leave hours, and both paid and unpaid time.
- Business Analysis of Functional Needs for PeopleSoft Upgrade to PeopleSoft 9.1
- Direct response to payroll inquiries from past & present associates.
- Processing of requests, for updates & changes in associate tax withdrawal. From August 2006 to January 2007 (6 months) Territory Support Manager @ Functioned as Territory Support Manager for North Texas/Oklahoma region. Performed various functions to maintain, and support accounts with over 3600 clients within territory. Worked with a co-manager to spearhead the Y2K efforts. Also supported Assigned Account Executives with aftermarket sales activities. Also maintained vendor contracts,and warranted agreements. Database Administration of product line, and customer base. From February 1997 to January 2000 (3 years)
Associate of Science Degree, General Studies; Business Information Systems @ Richland College From 2009 to 2010 Certificate Completion- 220 hours- Project Management, Project Management @ Richland College From 2011 to 2012 Certificate Completion -570 hours, Human Resource Mngt @ Richland College From 2010 to 2011 Scott Logan is skilled in: Business Analysis, HRIS, PeopleSoft, Business Process, Software Documentation, Visio, Workday 15 & 16- HCM System, ERP, PeopleSoft 9.1 (functional), Applicant Tracking Systems, MS Project, SDLC, Training, MS Access (Advanced), Change Management