Vice President & General Manager @ Western Window Systems
Bachelor of Science (BS) @
Arizona State University, W. P. Carey School of Business
Professionally, I am an accomplished executive who provides leadership by creating a compelling vision of the growth and impact a company can achieve. An educated planner who implements and executes a detailed strategy designed to maximize the core values that define a company and the way they add value to the marketplace. A strong communicator with a
Professionally, I am an accomplished executive who provides leadership by creating a compelling vision of the growth and impact a company can achieve. An educated planner who implements and executes a detailed strategy designed to maximize the core values that define a company and the way they add value to the marketplace. A strong communicator with a unique ability to motivate employees, build teams, create loyal customers, and enhance company culture. A problem solver adept at process improvement and root cause analysis with a proven track record of increasing operations performance within a company growing at a record pace. A president with strong creativity and a unique understanding of what the customer wants and how best to corporately connect and communicate with them. Lastly, I am a leader that truly loves and appreciates the people I have on my team. The best part of my job is leading fantastic people that want to achieve great things.
Personally, I have a passion for helping others through my work with several local and global nonprofit organizations. Whether serving on the boards of Sun Valley Community Church (6,000+ attendance) and nonprofit charity Orchard: Africa or traveling annually to work with organizations in impoverished communities in Mexico, Brazil and South Africa, my hope is to continue to work to better the lives of vulnerable children suffering in poverty across the globe.
President & CEO @ From August 2015 to Present (5 months) President & COO @ Responsible for creating, implementing, and executing the strategic vision for Western Window Systems, an international window and door manufacturer, by empowering managers, developing systems, and providing leadership to ensure aggressive and sustainable growth. General duties include the management of and decision making for the day-to-day running of an international business with 240+ employees. Focus centers on oversight and enhancement of Western’s manufacturing plant, sales and marketing, supply chain, human resources, service, quality control, engineering, new product development, business development, market expansion, product launches, and communications.
Helped lead the company toward geographic and demographic expansion, greater diversification of job types, creation of new products, aggressive sales and marketing, and a steadfast commitment to customer service. He has helped transform Western by creating a company culture that sees all of its employees committed to three core values: excellence, innovation and partnership. His unique approach to leadership — including his "employees first" operations model — has helped the company's sales skyrocket over 700% in the past four years. From September 2014 to August 2015 (1 year) Vice President & General Manager @ Responsible for creating, implementing, and executing the strategic vision for the Executive Team of Western Window Systems. General duties included the management of and decision making for the day-to-day running of an international business with 200 employees. Focus centered on Western’s manufacturing plant, supply chain, human resources, service, quality control, engineering, new product development, business development, market expansion, product launches, marketing, and communications.
• Successfully implemented a lean (Toyota Production System) transformation across the entire organization.
• Delivered revenue growth of 50% in 2013 and 60% in 2014 while also bringing lead times to record lows for customers.
• Improved on-time delivery percentages to near record highs.
• Increased employee retention by improving culture, systemizing raises, and measuring performance.
• Secured creative solutions within our supply chain that resulted in a lead time deduction from 8 weeks to 2 days with our largest vendor while also freeing warehouse floor space and lowering inventory holding costs.
• Negotiated and secured a multi-million OEM contract to private label product for a large manufacturer. From January 2013 to September 2014 (1 year 9 months) Marketing Director @ Responsible for management and direct leadership of all marketing and corporate communications including branding, advertising, brochures, websites, press, social media, campaigns, new product launches, and market expansion initiatives.
• Worked with Western’s design team to rebrand Western Window Systems and all collateral, including logo, website, product guide and all sales material.
• After rebranding, sales increased 43 percent in 2011, 54 percent in 2012, and 50 percent in 2013.
• Worked with Western’s IT Director to recreate the product guide brochure which was bestowed with a Crystal Achievement Award from Window & Door Magazine as “best in the industry.”
• Focused company culture around three core values and recast vision and purpose to improve customers’ lives, not profits.
• Developed a unique content marketing strategy that was thematically tied to the growing indoor/outdoor living trend dominating new construction projects and tied the Western brand directly to it. From December 2010 to November 2012 (2 years) Partner Development Manager @ Responsible for increasing and developing the resource base of Helping Hands in Africa (a non-profit organization now known as Orchard: Africa) by enhancing the brand and developing new support partners (including churches, individuals and corporations) to support the organizational growth plan.
• Developed and managed marketing and partner engagement items for the organization (fundraisers, websites, volunteer base, mission trips, leadership development, videos and newsletters.)
• Improved reach and success of (2) marquee fundraising events.
• Developed curriculum that allow new church partners to engage their congregation in the issues that Helping Hands deal with such as poverty and AIDS, while providing a tangible way to partner financially with the organization.
• Developed an organizational communication strategy that broke down a complex value stream into simple and measurable impact points that better helped potential donors gauge the impact of their investment.
• Developed a successful vision trip model that engaged many high profile/ high impact donors by connecting them to the mission (and the impoverished children that were effected) firsthand.
• Oversaw and assisted with grant proposals that resulted in significant revenue from multiple foundations. From May 2009 to November 2010 (1 year 7 months) Luxury Sales and New Product Development @ Responsible for growing the window and door sales in the luxury department for the leading window and door supplier in Arizona via personal sales revenue and new product development for the company.
• Project managed the complete integration of (3) new product lines (and vendors) into our distribution model, from research and development to full operational implementation.
• Instrumental in design, development, marketing, launch, and process fabrication of Paramount’s first private label door system, the Al Fresco bi-fold door. From 2005 to 2009 (4 years) Sales & Development @ From 2001 to 2005 (4 years)
Executive MBA @ Arizona State University, W. P. Carey School of Business From 2013 to 2015 Bachelor of Science (BS), Marketing @ Arizona State University, W. P. Carey School of Business From 2001 to 2004 Scott Gates is skilled in: New Business Development, Business Strategy, Product Development, Strategy, Strategic Planning, Account Management, Marketing, Management, Leadership, Team Building, Sales, Purchasing, Negotiation, Customer Satisfaction, Budgets
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension