Sayo is a highly experienced IT Professional with specialism in test management and test automation. His wealth of test methodology knowledge encompasses waterfall, V-model and all aspects of agile including lean, scrum, Kanban and scrumban. He coaches, mentors and helps implement agile practices at various level of company’s understanding of agile. His development team made it to
Sayo is a highly experienced IT Professional with specialism in test management and test automation. His wealth of test methodology knowledge encompasses waterfall, V-model and all aspects of agile including lean, scrum, Kanban and scrumban. He coaches, mentors and helps implement agile practices at various level of company’s understanding of agile. His development team made it to the Finals of UK Most Agile Team (2012) Award. He is also a test automation expert with knowledge in different development languages primarily Java and C# with open source tools like selenium webdriver, Specflow and Eclipse. His test management experience includes;
1. People Management
2. Test Environment Management
3. Stakeholder Management
4. Test Strategy Development
5. Onshore and offshore staff Management
6. Third Party System Integrators Management
7. Test Consultancy
8. Clients’ Expectations Management
His test automation skills include;
1. Automation Test Strategy Development
2. Automation Test Tool Evaluation
3. Automation Framework Development
4. Automation Proof of Concept
5. Automation Test Team Training
6. Automation Knowledge Mentoring
7. Automation ROI Development
8. Different Open Source Version Control Integration
Consultant Test Automation and Release Manager @ Developing Test Automation Scripts with Selenium WebDriver using C# binding within Visual Studio
Helping to implement Agile Software Development Methodology.
Delivering Europe-wide solutions and coordinating offshore resources From May 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Manchester, United KingdomSoftware Developer in Test Consultant @ Successfully developed a Business Case for the automation of Miranda Technologies Web App.
Delivered a company-wide POC starting from the CTO to manual testers in order to get buy-in.
Developing bespoke automation framework using selenium with Java binding.
Utilizing eclipse IDE powered by selenium webdriver with JUnit as the test runner, Ant as the build agent and Jenkins as the continuous integration tool.
Training other testers the use of automation within the wider Agile process From October 2013 to May 2014 (8 months) Derby, United KingdomAPI/Webservices Test Consultant @ Currently been consulted to provide guidance on testing of Broadcasting eXchange Format (BXF) API.
Working within Microsoft .NET environment utilizing Azure-based cloud Team Foundation Server Test Manager.
Working within multi-third parties system integrators team.
Spiked different test tools capabilities on testing of XML/REST and JSON/REST
Coaching the test team on Acceptance-Test-Driven Development From May 2013 to May 2014 (1 year 1 month) Derby, United KingdomContract Test Manager @ Test Process:
Worked with the Solutions Architect to put in place Acceptance Test-Driven Development.
Engaged the developers and business analysts to drive the interpretation of requirements and the slicing of requirements into features and tasks.
Coordinated the development of acceptance criteria in gherkin to user stories before developments of any stories start.
Re-designed the scrum board to deliver more value to the business in order of business priority.
Worked with .NET 3.5 environment with focus on Unit and Integration Tests done using NUnit and SpecFlow.
Worked within a development environment that utilized Visual Studio 2010 which interacted with Microsoft SQL Server 2010 extensively supported by TFS.
Extensive use of automated SQL scripts within Visual Studio database projects to mine and/or create test data.
The development was based on Service Oriented Architecture, therefore, I worked extensively on the development of automation of webservices.
Developed webservice automation utilizing SOAPUI capabilities including using groovy scripts to inject variables into test case during runtime, building test suite with appropriate assertion and generating test reports from the test runner and publishing such test results.
Worked with a developer to extract the run command from SOAPUI test runner and inserted the run command into TFS as .bat file.
Used cucumber with capybara and rspec to develop basic smoke test script for the web-based front-end application that maps to the webservices.
Developed Test Approach document for each of the Test Project
Presented each Test Approach to project stakeholders to get their buy in and to source test resources as needed for each of the projects.
Collated daily, weekly and project milestones metrics and communicated them to stakeholder.
High-level client and system integrator test project co-ordination like System Integration Test and Joint Integration Test From July 2012 to May 2013 (11 months) Warrington, United KingdomQA Lead (Manchester/Singapore) @ To increase productivity and value delivery through the implementation of test strategy and quality improvement.
People and project management within an agile environment.
Process Improvement, setting stakeholder quality expectation and mentoring of staff.
Co-ordination of onshore and offshore test resources
Periodic SWOT Analysis of Test processes, Test Strategy and value delivery
Recruitment of high calibre QA Professionals to deliver value within the organisation
Identification of waste in development and removal of such waste From May 2012 to July 2012 (3 months) Manchester, United KingdomAgile QA Analyst/Scrum Master @ I lead the team that test www.asiarooms.com on an onshore (Manchester)/offshore (Singapore) model using agile method of software development. The technology involve in the high-transactional multi-tier architecture of the website include PHP, .NET, SOAPUI and XML over multiple platforms.
• Working with product owners to develop acceptance criteria for user stories in version one
• Working with project stakeholders to plan each iteration backlogs that go sprints
• Developed and constantly maintaining a java-based fully functional automated regression test suite using Thoughtworks Twist which is currently embedded within continuous integration (CI) pipeline as a pre-requisite for build server to build newly checked in codes.
• Using SOAPUI to verify low-level service-layer data which are in turn compared to the data displayed by the front-end technology
• Tracking and communicating team velocity and release progress
• Undertaking non-functional performance testing of the website using the Load and Web Performance Test tool in visual studio 2010 analyzing the results with developers and communicating the result back to project stakeholders.
• Organizing and facilitating project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meeting
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Managing all defects in version one and using version one to manage backlogs of tickets
• Performing basic cross site scripting and SQL injection security testing across website
• Coaching colleagues on Agile methodologies and frameworks
• Actively facilitating layered-approach impact and root-cause analyses of issues found during each release From July 2010 to May 2012 (1 year 11 months) Manchester, United KingdomSoftware Test Engineer @ I worked as a member of a Test Team, within a Software Development Company, which specialises in the development and maintenance of bespoke telecommunication web-based, flex-driven application used to analyse complex SME bills online which are generated from any billing systems.
• Reviewed Specification Documents (SD), Change Initiation Form (CIF) and Detail Design Document (DDD) for adequate understanding of projects under my supervision
• Wrote the Test Plan, Test Script and Test Result Documents for the projects that are under my supervision and using Microsoft Project 2007 to plan test tasks within the projects.
• Used basic UNIX commands to manipulate data within Linux and IBM AIX environments to get data to its right directories ready for load and using the commands to execute jobs.
• Conducted manual functional system test executions on the web-based application and providing user acceptance testing (UAT) consultancy supports to telecoms clients.
• Logged defects found during test execution in Quality Centre and Jira and performing retest and regression test of fixes and taking responsibility for managing defects life cycle.
• Tested full end-to-end ETL process to extract, transform and load billing data into the data warehouse (Oracle 10g) that feeds data into the web-based application.
• Used SQL written through DbVisualiser and TOAD to query Oracle 10g database to test the integrity of the database and the integrity of the data returned by the billing system.
• Used Jira to progress the test phases of projects and manage test deployments leading these through to completion thereby gaining control of Test Project Management processes within the repository.
• Used the knowledge of ITIL to provide value to clients during UAT while pin-pointing avenues that generate revenue to MDS via Change Requests. From February 2008 to July 2010 (2 years 6 months) Test Analyst @ I was involved in the end-to-end testing of the web application of this engineering-based blue chip company. I participated in the black box testing of the web application using tools like TestDirector and QuickTest Pro, based on requirement of the software, within Windows XP environment.
• Supporting the technical design process by participating in the analysis of the technical application requirement and analysing Business Requirements and scenarios.
• Producing Test Plan including Test Script, and Test Conditions, from Functional Specification (FS) based on the associated risks of the software.
• Testing GUIs and components of the application to ensure quality and robustness of the application.
• Documenting test results and associated incidents in the TestDirector, including recommendations on the operational readiness of the application being tested.
• Querying the SQL Server 2005 databases with personally written SQL statements to test its integrity.
• Participating in execution and documentation of tests necessary in Test Lab Module of Mercury Quality Centre to ensure that the web application and technical environment meet performance requirements
• Raising defects within the Defect Module of Mercury Quality Centre and escalating the defects through the appropriate medium.
• Performing manual and automated functional testing of the associated modules of the web application using TestDirector and QTP.
• Performing re-testing/regression testing on re-fixes and affected sections of the System to verify that fixes meet standard without any knock-on effects.
• Attending team meetings and audios (phone conferencing) for matter arising and clarification From June 2006 to January 2008 (1 year 8 months)
BSc, Geology @ University of Ibadan From 1998 to 2002 Sayo Afolabi is skilled in: Agile Methodologies, Scrum, Test Automation, Test Planning, User Acceptance Testing, Testing, System Testing, Web Testing, Quality Center, Agile Testing, JIRA, Test Management, Test Driven Development, Selenium, CRM